RuneScape Has 105 Million User Accounts

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I only know two people that play this game. Guess my town isn't a great contribute to Runescape's empire.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
But how many are paying members?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... maybe 12?

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Psst, guys. It has 10 million "active accounts." Says right up there :p
They're not listening are they? :)
How many of those active active accounts are bots, ad farms? etc? lol. probally like 7 million XD

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Active and paying? Active and Free? Active and both? I'm curious.

cowbell40

Jun 12, 2009
Anyone remember how many bots there were a couple years back? Yeah, I'm pretty sure at least a half of those accounts were bots. Hell, I think I saw at least 50 million auto woodcutters at the free-to-play yew trees alone.

J a m m y

Apr 14, 2009
In the last few months the number of bots has dropped hugely. They where pretty out of control, but Jagex made some changes and now there are practically no bots at all, advertising or training.

And I don't they'd count them in the number, since they where permanently banned.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
"sigh" of course, someone makes a cool game, then realizes "wait, i can make money off of this" then makes a horrible bastardized version of it. I hate people.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Amnestic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Active and paying? Active and Free? Active and both? I'm curious.
The guy being interviewed doesn't say. He's says about 20% of players are members which means they pay uh $5-$10 bucks I think for the game. So about 20% of 10 million then is the best guess...idk.

BiscuitsJoe

Aug 6, 2008
How on earth did THAT happen? I remember Runescape. I thought it was gone. We're gonna need more ughs.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
jasoncyrus said:
Indeed, most are old accounts no one plays anymore...like mine :p
And I'm sorry to say mine, and last time i checked they won't give me my password so i can stop getting charged $5 each month, it might have stopped I stopped looking.

Generator

May 8, 2009
I remember this game. It was fun for a while, but MMOs aren't really my genre of choice.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I made 4 accounts I think. It really isn't that much of an achievement when you see how many are multiple and how few are active.

Yoshi_egg80

Apr 1, 2009
I smell *sniff*....I smell *sniff* *sniff* Runescape flame trolling.

So hard to get a decent thread about any mmo/halo 3 game without this annoyance.

All I can say to this is.....
The penguins are watching you.