Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern Costume Officially Retconned

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
The guy has a lot to put up with being a superhero and all, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to relax with a pair of Vibram FiveFingers - at least he isn't wearing Crocs!

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
bomblord said:
His head looks too big
You're right it does look too big, they probably shouldn't have shot this against a black background.

Arg, now I can't look at the picture without seeing his big head!

Redwall

Jul 31, 2010
I never read the comics and I suppose I can see where a lot of you are coming from as far as nostalgia for a seemingly superior costume goes, but overall I'm rather prone to agree with the notion that, since this costume is meant to be universal and to fit a variety of different alien species, it would make sense for it to adapt more to the users body than stylistic preferences.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I like it. But, honestly, I don't really care that much because all I want is for them to fix the weird fucking CG ass that the suit in the trailer sports.

Am I the only one that thought that Green Lantern's backside looked like a skinny guy with butt implants? It was really, really distracting, and especially so when we consider the fact that that is not Ryan Reynold's body but an artistic rendition of it--meaning someone has some seriously odd inclinations when it comes to anatomy.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Great. Now I'll have Mr. Plinkett's voice in my head, saying, "What is wrong with your FEET?"

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm honestly surprised this issue was able to generate enough "fan-ire" for WB to invest in what had to be a fairly expensive amount of CGI-rejiggering. I kind've feel like GL is like Iron Man was for Marvel- maybe you're glad to see him, and all, but you don't think of him like you do of Spider-Man or Wolverine, just like you don't think of GL like you do of Batman and Superman.

But I guess people do care, huh...? Who knew.

Well, like Iron Man, maybe this will do things for the character's visibility. Whatever they come up with for his costume, my feeling is pretty much what it typically is for this kind of thing: "Hopefully, this movie won't suck."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
spectrenihlus said:
Where are the white gloves?

I really don't get why they don't just make it look like this. This suit looks fine. That suit looks silly. Seriously, what's with this organic, skin-tight suit crap? It looks awful.
Baffles me too, perhaps legal issues? I mean it'd be far easier, cheaper and effective to go with one of the comic book costumes.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
I don't know if it's just the angle, but his waist is what disturbs me the most. He looks like a green Stretch-Armstrong, his waist has no definition.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Er...I guess I just don't understand, but the costumes sort of all look the same too me. He certainly needs boots though, or some sort of shoe. Seeing his toes is not working.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
NpPro93 said:
I've never been a Green Lantern fan, so I don't really know enough about the comic to judge how faithful/accurate the costume is. That being said, it doesn't look great--I would have much preferred a real costume rather than a CG one. This just looks odd. I'll probably will see it, though, because I have nothing better to do than watch movies and post on forums.
What he said. Also those toes look ridiculous.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Hah, that still looks so crappy. I've never been into Green Lantern, but I am baffled as to why they do not just copy the outfit from the comicbook. How hard can it be? Heck, copy it and add some organic look to it, if need be.

May 5, 2010
I honestly can't tell the difference. It looks exactly like the old one to me.

I mean, I noticed the toes, but I don't know what the feet looked like in the first costume, so that doesn't really mean anything.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
BUT GUUUUUUYS

You just gotta understand... he wouldn't look as dark and tough and "3dg3y" if they gave him those white gloves and some boots. Darkness and angst sell, colors don't

/sarcasm

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Wait... are we being trolled? I opened the two images posted [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/galleries/display/67/67649.jpg] here [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/53/53181.jpg] and I don't see a single difference.

What the hell?