Saddest Fictional Death

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Code Geass:
Shirley's death
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Rolo's death. Sure he was a bastard, hell, I hated him after Shirly's death but his death was just so sad...
In my eyes it was something akin to redemtion, so I didn't find it as sad as my example, but yeah everyone is different.

Savvz

Mar 9, 2010
I'd have to say The Dark Tower. I felt real hatred for King when he killed off
Jake, Eddie and Oy

Fuck him right in the ear.

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
Nukey said:
Drakmorg said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Noble Team.
I agree, I actually felt saddest when Jorge died.
Also, whatever happened to Jun? I assume he died somehow, it just bugs me not knowing how.
Jun's alive.

OT:
Spike from Cowboy Bebeop. The music, the setting, his last words, all of it was so perfect, and it was the first time I ever cried during an anime.

"Bang."
This for sure. That was one of the ONLY moments in the last 2 years that made me cry. That, and the death of Zack at the end of of Crisis Core, among a few others.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
PayneTrayne said:
Seventh book of Harry Potter as a whole. I mean I really liked the series.
That ***** killed Hedwig! Who cares about anyone else but Hedwig!?

My most recent would be Mr. Crepsley from The Saga of Darren Shan, the explanation is particularly sorrowful.

Edit: Oh and of course, Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica, made even more poignant by the use of Bear McCreary's music (which is enough to bring me to tears by itself) and her last few lines.

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
Hello? Liberty Prime from Fallout 3: Broken Steel.

"I die...that democracy...live..."

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
But there are so many! Tie between Boxer in Animal Farm, Dumbledore, Dobby, Lupin, Tonks, Fred (If you don't know where they're from you should be shot), Boromir (LOTR), Kenny (South Park Movie) and also Yoda (again If you don't know go die.).

MasterSteef

Mar 3, 2010
Aragorn, in the (flashforward?) that Elrond describes to Arwyn in order to convince her to leave with her people.

Also, the 10th Doctors Death. It was always going to be you, wasn't it Wilf?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
It's not really a death(and i'm sick of the Aerith death now even though it was sad and deeply moving), technically they were already dead but the i would have to say The La Saia death was deeply moving for me

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Half sack. All he was doing was trying to save the baby! And Opie's wife, that was major suckage!
Who knows, maybe someone is watching the DVD series. Ye been warned!
[sub]fuck Dish network blacking out FX and not letting me watch my Sons and Terriers...[/sub]

crunchieman

Nov 17, 2009
Oy the billy bumbler from "The Dark Tower series" I knew it was going to happen from the start of the story but still.

Mjolnir36

Jun 7, 2010
scrambledeggs said:
If ANYONE knows what I am talking about, I willy be a happy chap,
but Nathaniel from the Bartimaus trilogy. It's such an amazing ending to a trilogy.
That was a good ending.
Bartimaus: "Nat I-"
Nathaniel:" you were a terrible slave."
Bartimaus:"Why you little-"
Nathaniel:" You are dissmised."
*BOOOOOOOM*
Nouda: "Hurk Blagh!"

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
crunchieman said:
Oy the billy bumbler from "The Dark Tower series" I knew it was going to happen from the start of the story but still.
*Dark Tower Series Spoilers*

Hell, anyone of Roland's friends that gets killed sucked.

shamil400

Oct 18, 2009
Death note:Light Yagami, L.Lawliet,Mello(Mihael Keehl),Soichiro Yagami,Hirokazu Ukita,Watari (Quillsh Wammy),Teru Mikami,Matt(Mail Jeevas),Aiber(Thierry Morello),Raye Penber and Rem.

All such great characters but Zack from ff7 crisis core... i would say he became a hero.
Also i just saw AREITH die so dam you Square Enix.