Saddest Fictional Death

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
Muroga Hyouma from the Anime Basilisk, oh god that scene brought me to tears,the way he died standing up...

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
1986, when Transformers: The Movie was released, I was 7 years old. Watching Optimus Prime die was pretty sad. Of course now I can go back and watch that same movie, laughing when Starscream gets obliterated so I guess it all evens out in the end.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Noble Six. I cried like a baby, and that fucking Lone Wolf stage made matters WORSE.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Dango said:
Nagisa and Ushio's deaths were just unbearably sad. I was crying the whole night.
That was terrible. When that happens I just think that the universe is against him

Seriosuly, his wife dies, 5 year depression, bonds with his daughter, gets close to her...dead. Its a good thing he didnt buy a pet.

Codor

Feb 21, 2010
neffers said:
Bragg in Gaunts Ghosts novels

I mean, tk'ed? Really? And he was such a lovable giant
Agreed then the other half dozen the tk'er gets sucks to.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Shihan2 said:
I almost cried when I found Bill dead by the generator in Left 4 Dead 2's DLC. He was the only character in either games I didn't despise
Though I never despised any of the characters, Bill was definitely my favourite - also a lucky charm for me, if I ever played any other character I would do a lot worse. So yeah when he died I was a little upset.

I know Halo is unpopular here for some reason, but damn, Sgt Johnson's death in the end of Halo 3 was quite emotional...

"Don't ever let her go..."

A lot of the deaths of major characters in that game were quite emotional. The final scene always got to me a little, even though nothing sad really happened in it.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Deadly Premonition Thomas and Emily
Out of all the deaths in Harry Potter this one made me the most sadSnape. Yep even before I was sure he was good, but I had a feeling he was all along.
Nicolas Cage in The Wicker Man - Haha j/k I laughed my head off.

jtwolf85

May 27, 2009
i thought spider in megaman command missions. yea it was hastily done but he was my fav fighter to have in the group and a badass

Nitro288

Sep 17, 2009
Maria, Tai and Carmine. No epic last stand, nothing heroic, just very horrible deaths. Tai shot himself with a Gnasher Shotgun after enduring torture from the Locust, and Carmine was being eaten alive. After he was rescued, it was too late for him.

Maria was so Psychologically broken that a mercy kill from her husband was the best thing for her.

Hugh's death was a big deal in the original anime. In Brotherhood, Greed's selfless sacrifice to defeat Father at the end was quite a tear jerker.
Lelouch's death, which he orchestrated himself to secure world peace.

Will, but Kurt's death affected me more. He made a last stand against the invading Covenant. His last words to the Covenant leader was "Die? Didn't you know? Spartans Never Die."

The survivors of Halo that didn't make it to the end. The saddest one was Vice Admiral Whitcomb and Lieutenant Haverson's last stand as they lured many covenant ships to their direction so that Master Chief and his team can escape, and so that the covenant fleet can die in a nuclear fire.

The first sad one for me was Jorge's. Wasn't so much the fact that he stayed behind, but the fact that he gave you his tags, and threw you off the Covenant Corvette so that you don't begin to have second thoughts. The worst part was, his last wishes were for you to save Reach on his behalf.

The next saddest death was Kat's. As someone who's backstory involved her losing an arm for the team, she died from a shot to the head after her shields were disabled from radiation. No heroics, no last stand, just dead. The scene afterwards, in which team leader Carter was carrying her body, didn't make it any easier.

Finally it was Noble Six's death, your player character. Reach was doomed, but he wouldn't go without a fight. The level description for the epilogue made it even sadder: "Spartans never die, they are just missing in action."

I'm glad fiction is able to bring out more emotions from me than what I can express during real life events.