Saddest Fictional Death

Jamielordofgingers

Aug 5, 2009
Nicholas D. Wolfwood. Also, The original Seven from GunxSword, especially the Twins and especially especially Michael and Fasalina (even though they might have survived) and Ray, who channeled pure awesome with one shot

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
my top sad deaths would be:
Haku and Zabuza from Naruto
Alan from Bicentenial Man
Mufasa from Lion King

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
The end of Cowboy Bebop. It was so sad, but the series shouldn't have ended any other way.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Not exactly a death, but the Tenth Doctor's regeneration was pretty sad for me.

[sub]I cried manly tears.[/sub]

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
I don't know if anybody's said this, but (Penumbra: Overture spoilers):
Red in Penumbra: Overture. It's bad enough thast he dies - he's your only friend. But the fact that you have to kill him and listen to him die - that really got to me.

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
Aerith from FF7, and Kenshin and Kaoru at the end of Samurai X. I was so sad, I couldn't stop crying all throughout the ending :(

i did it 4 the lulz

Oct 13, 2009
Kyman102 said:
I present to all of you the deaths that I consider the saddest ever in fiction...

Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist, and...

Littlefoot's mother in The Land Before Time! God DAMN that scene! ;_;
Damn you now you brought back memories! gonna go cry now.......

i did it 4 the lulz

Oct 13, 2009
AquaAscension said:
Bill from Left 4 Dead...

So he's not a really a well fleshed out character, but soon to be in the Valve comic. I'm looking forward to this, but in a sad way.
You mean this? http://www.l4d.com/comic/

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
VulakAerr said:
chewbacca1010 said:
Z of the Na said:

In television though, watch The Wire. There are several tragic, moving deaths per season. (Spoiler alert) Stringer, D'Angelo, Omar, Wallace (probably the harshest), Bodie, Prop Joe, Sherrod, Snoop etc. Anyone who doesn't die ends up either on the streets or in jail for life, for the most part. Tragic, amazing show.

Sadly, most of the deaths are kids from the streets.
Dammit, ninja'd. I'd put D and Bodie up there with the ones that hit me hardest. I was upset about String too because he was so close to getting out but the way he got there... he needed to "get got". Let's not forget Frank Sabotka, too. Without the full social context of the show, I'd say his death/story was the most classically tragic.

Eponine in Les Miserables and Kim in Miss Saigon also hit me hard when I see them, depending on the strength of the performances.
Oh man, I gaped out on Frank. Yeah, I definitely agree that his was the most classically tragic. His was also the longest and slowest downfall in the entire series, I'd say. What made it tragic was not the shocking nature of it (most of the deaths were rather sudden, come to think of it) but rather how long it took him to fall from grace, especially when he was so selfless compared to everyone else.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
Edgar Ross at the end of RDR. Hated that guy, but then you find out he had family too, making it kinda sad but still all the more satisfying when you kill him. Then you realize that Jack has become his father despite everything John sacrificed in order for that not to happen. O hand if this was a spoiler you deserved it for not having the decency to buy, finish, and replay this game up yet.