Sailor Moon Gets Italian Game Makeover

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
About bloody time this series got a revival!

Maybe I'll be able to finish it this time. (Last time I watched this was when I was six)

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
Well, they translated pretty much the entirety of Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), which is a plus, but they assumed it was for children, and so, offended by the levels of volence (which was minimal compared to the manga), they demanded they be allowed to rewwrite the script as anything they wanted. They rewrote it into the most pun filled thing ever. They desecrated the Marquee action anime.
Cioè? Io non ho mai letto il fumetto nè visto i dvd o altro, mi potresti dire le differenze con la serie tv italiana? Non mi sembrava particolarmente censurata (l'ho vista su Italia 7 per anni).

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Arkvoodle said:
It can't be worse than the time America tried to revitalize the show.

MY EYES! THEY BURN!! MAKE THE BURNING STOP! FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!

on a side note; i think they need to brink back Ronin Warriors. At least as a game anyways. Just don't let it turn into some dynasty warriors bollocks, and what ever you do don't give it to the americans.

Because they deserve it and they have been waiting for over 15 bloody years for you to remember they saved your ass Over and over again while sailor moon fought for your feelings and emotions.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I am so happy right now! :D

I really hope it comes back!

My favourite anime still to this day. <3

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
EmzOLV said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Sailor Mars FTW!

(Yeah, sue me, I have a weird taste)
You don't at all, she was always my favourite... if you want to talk weird, I still have the very first run of the figures (the normal ones, not the action ones) for Sailor Mars from Japan. Never opened it (I was a geek, loved NRFB haha).

But this sounds awesome. I always love when a childhood memory seems to suddenly become popular in another country.

I even remember when I went to Cyprus last to see my then boyfriend out there, and as I was perusing a normal tourist gift shop, I found Cardcaptor Sakura stickers. I was well surprised.
Mars was awesome, but let's be honest: Jupiter ruled. Her and Mercury were always my favorites.

As for villians, Ail and An were awesome, but from the original manga gotta role with Galaxia.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
EmzOLV said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
EmzOLV said:
I'm definitely jealous.
*innocent whistle* http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Role-Playing-Game-Resource/dp/0968243118

http://www.fantasyanime.com/animerpgs/pssm.htm

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4171/sailor-moon-ccg
That is a whole new level of dedication to the cause :| I am impressed!
I have all three of those.

2 copies of the RPG book, an imported copy of the SNES title (and translated copy on my pc), and most of the first edition of the CCG. :D

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks like Berlusconi's got a thing for Sailor scouts ;)

Oh come on, we all know he controls the broadcasting in Italy.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I am happy for my neighbours (I live right next to Italy ;)). Japanese games already have a hard time receiving localisation in English, let alone in any of the minor European languages. So this is a very pleasant suprise.

Hopefully, the sales will be good enough to encourage further such projects, especially with other companies (Capcom with the Ace Attorney series) ceasing such operations.

Anime has been taking a nosedive in recent years. But who knows? Maybe this could indicate a slow return to form. Let us hope for the best.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Ahhh, I loved that cartoon. I used to get up early every school morning so I could watch it with my sister. We had the cards and everything...

Of course, as an adult, the English voice of Usagi makes me homicidal, but I still harbour a deep and abiding love of that series. =)

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Viruzzo said:
I, as an Italian, don't really see a need for this... Italian teenagers grew up watching manly stuff, like Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)!
Uh...ok, so perhaps all Italian men are too macho for this game. =P Fair enough - but, er, what about the uh, you know...the *women* in Italy? Perhaps they might like it? ;-) To be honest, I don't think this game is *technically* really aimed at guys anyway...

It's like all of these things - the anime/manga is aimed at girls with the characters and romances and all that stuff, but the people who produce it know that the long legs/boobs/incidental panty shots etc aren't exactly going to put the guys off either... ;-)

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
CopperBoom said:
This is awesome, I used to race home to watch this after school.
I hope the entire series gets a touchup and a full blu-ray release.
+1 for truth.

eelel

May 29, 2009
D Moness said:
Maybe that means Toei will let someone finally release the stars season on dvd.

Toei always has been weird with this license a well maybe after all these years they are getting smart.
You would be to after you saw the compleat buchuring of the series that they did in the 90's.

Alice Malice

Apr 6, 2010
If this lead to at the very least a re-release of the Manga all over I'd be so happy. I really hope this goes over well.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I tried watching it again last year. It's one of those shows that simply DOES NOT hold up to your childhood memories.
I know exactly what you mean. I really didn't remember Serena's voice being THAT annoying. Maybe if they made improvements to the dub?

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
PxDn Ninja said:
Mars was awesome, but let's be honest: Jupiter ruled. Her and Mercury were always my favorites.

As for villians, Ail and An were awesome, but from the original manga gotta role with Galaxia.
But for me, she was too tomboyish when I was 7 to really relate to. I think I grew up as a girlie girl until my teens. I liked the idea of being pretty with long dark hair. Maybe thats why I liked Mars more!

PxDn Ninja said:
I have all three of those.

2 copies of the RPG book, an imported copy of the SNES title (and translated copy on my pc), and most of the first edition of the CCG. :D
Wow, I still have a SNES! It probs wouldn't work though even if I did manage to get a copy!

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
eelel said:
D Moness said:
Maybe that means Toei will let someone finally release the stars season on dvd.

Toei always has been weird with this license a well maybe after all these years they are getting smart.
You would be to after you saw the compleat buchuring of the series that they did in the 90's.
That is why i am "very" happy with adv releases of sailormoon and sailormoon R and pioneer's(to bad that one stopped) release of S and super S. At least they had the japanese voices (some epse were still cut here and there (specially adv's release(all the blame is with Toei for that though)).

Alice Malice said:
If this lead to at the very least a re-release of the Manga all over I'd be so happy. I really hope this goes over well.
A friend of mine got the japanese release because of that (now i wish i ordered them as well).

What is a bit weird is that Toei refused to give any foreign publisher the rights to the sailormoon animation (reason why adv's boxsets were so fast out of print) because they wanted to push the live action series more into the spotlight(what to me looked like a bad judgment call(a plush walking and talking Luna the horror(and to make it worse she later transformed into a little girl)).

Just happy to see they are giving the old series a new chance and i really HOPE if it will put Sailormoon back into the spotlight it will be an UNCUT version. If i EVER have to hear the american name Serenity 1 more time in my life i am personally killing Toei

edit: whoops sorry it ended in a small rant >.<

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I tried watching it again last year. It's one of those shows that simply DOES NOT hold up to your childhood memories.

Power Rangers totally does, though. Bulk & Skull are still funny as hell.
Bulk and Skull need their own spinoff show.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Sailor Moon? Remastered? AND re-released INTERNATIONALLY!?

SQUEEE!