Saints Row 3: What do you want to see?

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Mr. Grey said:
Snotnarok said:
Hm...Have illegal weapon shops so you can put on expensive car mods like flame throwers out the sides of your car or oil slicks and stuff.
That reminds me of a game... what was it... Spy Hunter! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Hunter] That was it!

I would love to have that in this game. Even more so than the Twisted Metal Factor.
I never said my ideas were original, just brilliant!
That they are!

I just remembered playing that PS2 version and how much fun that could get. Now I remember the cheat code that allowed you to shoot paintballs at other cars in Nascar '98 -- I can't remember the full name, unless that's it and I may be a year off... anyways, they'd start slipping around crashing into other drivers.

That was some brilliant mayhem. I hope we can get a paint ball gun to shoot at police cars on pursuit with which they crash shortly after from all that paint on their windshield. Blowing them up can get a bit old, causing them to spill out into a crowd of pedestrians never does.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Lots of people already said "make the PC version not suck" which was my major gripe. Make the controls work without needing a gamepad and please check the graphics... For some reason, a game that looks like a PS2 game runs slower than Bad Company 2 and Starcraft 2.

Also, need more haircuts. They were all ugly. And more voices. I hate choosing between "British, Black Guy, and Mexican" stereotypes. Let me have a normal voice. Also personalities. I get that it would be hard for cut scenes, though, but still.

And please no annoying missions like the Ronin fight one, with the impossible counter system and the various ones that just didn't work because the game was bugged as hell. Like the fight club... If you're down, might as well altF4.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
i didnt like the set up in the second one, completeing secondary missions to unlock primary ones, it just anoyed me, also better vehicles

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
- More voices, but keep the Australian accent.
- As you said, a cover system would be nice.
- Cutscenes and dialogue specifically for female characters. You know, so that she doesn't act like a lesbian.
- Make physics a bit more realistic.
- More gang customization, like change gang colors, clothes and personalities.
- More and better music.
- More clothing options, and maybe the ability to make your own clothes.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
More unique combat animations. The Katana ones were awesome, but how about some gruesome ones with the machete? An OhK with the pool cue, snap and stab!

Definitely better gang customization! Yeah, have some set templates, but then make the members fully customizable like the Player is.

Different gang styles. I loved how my character was something of a rocker, whilst my entire gang consisted of stoners and gang bangers... at least like four or five templates? Gang Bangers / Biker / Mafia / Yakuza / Pimps . Think, with all those variables, with the two different genders and (a minumum of) six voices for each.

I'm hoping that there are a couple more voices (how about a plain white american, eastern european and a rasta like the chap from GTA IV) and then the power to customize the personality of your character to a small degree. Then I'm hoping all of these could work to together to give different experiences each play through!

SR2 had massive replayability, it's just a shame all the voices had the same script...

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Dane Tesston said:
Agreement Snip
I completely agree on all points.

The Fork of Truth said:
Specifics:

1. The Cockney voice has to return.
Oh fuck yes. And also a better variety of voices. The Cockney accented one was the only male voice that I liked.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Considering Saints Row is a pretty popular series and the second game really left a sequel hook. Saints Row 3 seems like an inevitability. And I'm sure it'll be the best of the series, just as 2 was miles better than 1.

I personally just want to see more customization options. And I'm sure I will.

Zap Happy

Mar 28, 2010
-Pimped out guns are a must.
-More options for car customization.
-Smoother controls.
-A new city (that would be cool).
-Just more craziness. I want to see just total mayhem on the streets. They should have a mission where you go to buy out a big toy company, but all the business men pull out rocket launches, and you have to take down the building in a helicopter. Oh, and the business men have helicopters shaped like their main product, Reggie the Rockin' 'Roo, and they are trying to shoot you down.
-Better graphics would be cool too.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Fewer bugs in the PC version. Seriously. Need I even say it. The amount of bullcrap seen in the pc version of the second game was downright embarrassing.

spike0918

Apr 16, 2009
Okuu_Fusion said:
The option to play your character as a mute again...

Story should still be ridiculous like the first two, but should get more serious towards the end... and a very epic shoot-out should take place...

Make the level of customization ten times bigger then the originals...

Bring back the god damn user playlist radio station!!!

Also have zombies, not dlc though, it should be on the disc...
Wait, I don't know what game you were playing but I was enjoying my radio station playlist for my 2 playthroughs of the game.

Seriously, just add more guns and customization, keep it wacky and I will definitely play it.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
They could try something like Alpha Protocol's repercussions so you could ally with one group to take out another while the third grows in power in preparation.

improvisational/environmental weapons: I want to throw acid in someone's face while I drown his friend in a storm drain.

Other voices: Fem voices sucked. The Brit was okay, but all the male voices had heavy accents that conflicted with my attempts to make Dr. Ms. The Monarch.

Also super-villain theme would be nice. Ninja was close, but more themes would have completed the dream.

A mission inside a bouncy castle.

Better lieutenants: first game had great leaders, but #2 features a gang functions solely on Shaundi's sex life. Pierce was a ***** and the other one was okay for the few missions before he died. The first game made it feel like you and your psychotic rampages were part of something bigger than yourself; the second made me feel like I was the only one getting shit done. I'm a bad ass, but I shouldn't be able to win with such poor organization.

hallucinogenic drugs that turn enemies into the Easter Bunny (in your mind) rather than just make the screen go blurry. Also, make them available for recreational use.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
burninglondon said:
kickyourass said:
I want to get Julius back as a full character, I miss Keith David's bad ass voice over.
Without going into details and ruining it for anyone who didn't find that extra mission in the police station after you beat Ultor, the whole Julius thing is kindof hard to pull off given how they left it. It would require some serious plot justificaiton.

I want to see Keith David back too, but it ain't gonna happen.

There was an extra mission? I need to replay Saints Row 2 then.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Larger draw distance. It looks realy bad in SR2 when your driving down a road and cars magically apear in front of you.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Less pop-in, cars don't disappear when you turn around, RF:G destruction, better car damage, more cars and more customizing of them, more randomness.

Everything else is fine.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Korten12 said:
Sebenko said:
Make the PC version not shit.
is it that bad? I play the pc version and I think its fine.
It is the worst port ever. Shift and control to navigate menus? and did you not notice the horrendous optimisation issues?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Sebenko said:
Korten12 said:
Sebenko said:
Make the PC version not shit.
is it that bad? I play the pc version and I think its fine.
It is the worst port ever. Shift and control to navigate menus? and did you not notice the horrendous optimisation issues?
No, it runs really well on my pc.

Also A and D also works for the menu... :p