Salt Lake City Gets Bombed in 2026

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Was i the only one who watched the one about the PKR soldier being interrogated and thought it was an allusion ot the war in afghanistan?

All i could think about was the war in afghanistan and how this is an almost direct switch around. I thought it was pretty chilling stuff. Made me think, the suicide bomber in California was probably the most disturbing, to me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Actually, that looks unbelievably lame. Really, by the numbers shaky am rubbish.

I notice though, they mention US people running away to Mexico.

Does anyone else want to be able to play as a Mexican stopping illegal US immigrants crossing the border and taking their jobs without bothering to learn the language or anything?

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
I have nothing to say about the game, but I have some interesting input regardless:

I live in SLC, and the preview gets it almost exactly right; the perspective is up on the hill above the Avenues behind the capital building. I've been to a place that looks eerily similar to where these kids are standing.

So yeah, watching that was kind of surreal.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Actually, that looks unbelievably lame. Really, by the numbers shaky am rubbish.

Does anyone else want to be able to play as a Mexican stopping illegal US immigrants crossing the border and taking their jobs without bothering to learn the language or anything?
Hell yes.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
TGBA said:
Modern Warfare 2 also had an invasion of America, just saying.

OT: I'll probably get the game.
Modern Warfare 2 had a lot of stupid ideas.

I forgot to mention I have no intention of getting this game.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Drago-Morph said:
thaluikhain said:

Hell yes.
I mean, yeah, it's bad that their country is full of Yellow-Menace bogeymen and all, but the truth is, countries like Mexico can't be expected to fix everyone's problems.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I'm really liking the map style on the website, looks like someone just started scribbling down locations, adds a nice touch. Also, the markers for 'mass graves', 'forced labour camps' and 'slave trains' are interesting, though I'm sure some people will scream that they're just trying to create controversy. To which I say North Korea already does that to their own people, what you think they'd do if they had control over the United States? Obey the Geneva Convention?

makano

Nov 23, 2009
Damn it just as they might reveal how magnets work.

Joke aside i am hoping this game lives up to its prase that i have read, it seams a very intersting idea

JJMUG

Jan 23, 2010
I Always find it odd that my home town of Buffalo is never included in games like this. The Niagara Falls hydro electric plant provides power for nearly the entire east cost of the US.

Branches

A Flawed Logical Conundrum
Oct 30, 2008
The thing about this game that frustrates me is that I have yet to see any Gameplay shots in SF, and being from SF and actually planning a Soviet invasion of the Bay Area for a D&D-style game, I'm curious to see if they actually thought it out, what with it being on the cover and all. Rather than taking the road more traveled where they magically came from the sky in giant bomb dropping Zeppelins with angry hammers and sickles painted on the side.

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
I actually haven't heard to much about this game...I live in Salt Lake City, I wonder where they will go with that. Though I have no idea why they would bomb us, the only things we have around here are the salt flats, the Salt Lake Temple, and depending on where your at, a lot of rednecks.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
That are the poorest special effects i've ever seen. Boo!

Also, i wonder how koreans got through all the sensors and radars undetected. Covered their airplanes with pictures of their leader, so that everyone turned their heads in other direction to avoid death from laughing too much?

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
I would never be able to enjoy this game because of its utterly preposterous premise. What's worse is that it seems to be taking itself seriously.

Good grief...

Edit: I've also seen better special effects on newgrounds.com. NEEEXT!

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
Argh! I just can't get past the premise, it's totally nonsensical, as for the trailer showing the bombing of Salt Lake City, why are there children out playing? If it had been some sort of EMP, the kid's mobile phone wouldn't be operational to take pictures, so we can safely assume that that's not the case so where are the fighters scrambled to intercept the bombing? The attack could not have come out of nowhere (it's planes, they would have been detected before they even got close to the mainland), and even a "weakened" USA would maintain an air force, of at least today's technology level. What about the Europeans? Why are they not involved? The British and French have the 2nd and 3rd largest military budgets in the world right now, they're hardly going to stand by while the USA (an ally and important economic partner) is invaded.

Even Endwar's justification for world war 3 was better and that was shaky.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I really hope this game has a deeper meaning than "Look at all the horrible things these invaders have done! Lets fight them to reclaim our freedom! Freedom! USA! USA!" etc etc.

If it doesn't, I cant take it seriously. I just cant. I looked at all those videos and documents, and just thought of the hypocrisy.

Also, I find the idea of an America that has finally been brought to heel very satisfying.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
The Random One said:
Every time they try to sell Homefront I feel less inclined to buy it. Oh wow Salt Lake City is bombed! I don't even know where that is. If they told me it was in Canada I'd believe it.

I'm Brazilian and you can only reply with information I should know about Salt Lake City if your post also includes at least twice as much information about Campinas, along with your non-wikipedia sources.
I'm from Norway in Europe, and know Salt Lake City lies in the state of Utah in The United States of America. Winter Olympics were arranged there back in 2002. I don't know about Campina, other than that it should be somewhere in brazil, but this game isn't about Brazil, it's about USA being invaded, and most americans know where Salt Lake City lies.

RustyCat

Oct 19, 2010
keve4433 said:
I actually haven't heard to much about this game...I live in Salt Lake City, I wonder where they will go with that. Though I have no idea why they would bomb us, the only things we have around here are the salt flats, the Salt Lake Temple, and depending on where your at, a lot of rednecks.
They give the reason for it in the book. Basically the KPA occupy SLC for a while before the local resistance movement stages a popular revolt and pushes them out. The KPA responds by firebombing the place to make a statement.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
How a group of fighter jets actually got to Salt Lake City is beyond my comprehension...

But besides that, amazing.
I want the game.
Right now.
Give me what you have, fuck the multiplayer D:<