Salt Lake City Gets Bombed in 2026

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
I like that they try to show the ugly face of war and not just the the happy-go-lucky-theme-park-version of "Hey, America is invaded!", like MW2 did. Which, by the way, was just as unrealistic with its Russian invasion. War is something that mainly affects the civilians and judging from these trailers, Homefront promises to show more of that than just empty, typical American neighbourhoods. I also like that they seem to go with the "One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist" theme. Let's just hope that those are not just empty promises.

The more I think about it, the more this game reminds me of World in Conflict, although that was a completely different genre. Actually, WiC also was the first game I remember playing that had this whole "America being invaded" storyline, with just an unlikely invasion plan. It probably reminds me of WiC because it was also co-written by someone involved with Red Dawn.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
The North Koreans? You're serious? I had a hard enough time believing that was the killer in Persona 4; now someone wants me to believe that N. Korea breaks out of its shell and sucker punches us?

Also why do I get the feeling that the trailers are going to be used for propaganda fodder by the North Koreans?

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
On all you comments about the nuking of the missispi...
THEY DIDN'T
they irradiated the river by dumping toxic waste.
There's a document on the site explaining it all.

Now for my actual opinion ;)

this game just looks like a dumb 'america first' fantasy.
poorly chosen badguy, (should have picked the chinese)
too closly in the future,(should have gone with at least a thirty year gap)
idiotic depiction of what an actual ocupation would look like,(they basically turned the KPA into the SS (dumb SS at that))
unneeded killing of civilians and destroying of infrastructure (that doesn't work as a tactic, it's proven)
and absolutely no depiction of what the rest of the world is doing (presumably picking their noses and drinking beer)

that pretty much sums it up.
I'M NOT BUYING THIS

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Saucycardog said:
I think the video that was the most chilling of them all was the man who resorted to suicide bombing in California.
Agreed, it really provides an interesting perspective.

However, will the game be able to utilise that interesting perspective, or is all this add material just empty fluff? Time will tell, but it looks pretty generic so far.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
I just hope it doesn't end up like Red Faction: Guerilla. That game did not make me feel like I was leading or even part of a revolution. Fun, still, but the plot and atmosphere did not draw me in.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
You know, now that I consider the theme of the story, why didn't they bring the fighting to Boston? Seems as good a place as any to set "American Revolution 2". Why would they leave out the region where America started when we're fighting for our freedom again?