Samurai Jack Season 5 thread.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Regarding an earlier Spoiler I posted:

Can I just say how glad I am that in that picture of Ashi in Samurai cloths, clearly looking she's now Jack's Apprentice, they changed her hair?, because her Ilana looking her kinda looks gaudy on her.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I found some speculation videos, one of them says something interesting regarding the Horsemen that stalks Jack (with a perticular theory that sounds increadibly interesting that I doubt even show creators thought of)

And this one I just this dude is pulling straws I mean seriously he thinks Josephine Clench is the High Priestess who birthed the Daughters of Aku :p

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ok THIS time this new episode is coming out tonight at 11:00 PM. (Or the equivilant in your time zones)

And I found spoiler images to screenshots of the new episodes and they are quite.....amusing. (Also I am just gonna link Know Your Meme because I am not gonna pin jpegs in this thread because its a lot of images)

But remember SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS THESE LINKS BE!

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1240941-samurai-jack

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1240942-samurai-jack

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1240950-samurai-jack

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
All this talk of Ponies and Superheroes, I can't believe people are not talking enough of Jackie boy's return.

1 more hour, get hyped. The last 2 episodes impressed me alot.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Alright, new Samurai Jack at last! (Still don't know why people were complaining last week, it's not like we had to wait another 12 years!)

Anyway, it looks like Jack's trying to keep Ashi from dying/get her to see the light. Yeah, good luck with that. Still... she might have a chance...

Still, nice to see an episode with a bit more... levity, for lack of a better term.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Alright, new Samurai Jack at last! (Still don't know why people were complaining last week, it's not like we had to wait another 12 years!)

Anyway, it looks like Jack's trying to keep Ashi from dying/get her to see the light. Yeah, good luck with that. Still... she might have a chance...

Still, nice to see an episode with a bit more... levity, for lack of a better term.
I just saw the Scotsman in the next episode preview. Get hyped!!!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
MrBoBo said:
Good, think the final scene would have been better with no dialogue.
No dialogue is something I think GT abuses a lot. I know the mantra is "show, don't tell" but words are useful in deepening characters. Silence is not automatically profound. The dialogue the cult mother gives is important: without it she just looks needlessly cruel and you aren't sure why Ashi would value her upbringing so much. Because she points out that Ashi's love of nature is a distraction from her mission (to save the beautiful world from Jack), it's clear that the cruelty was given with purpose. That Ashi decides not to attack Jack after seeing him be gentle with the ladybug now means that she's questioning the lessons she was given, not just rejecting a cruel, abusive upbringing.

MrBoBo

Jul 23, 2008
Kolby Jack said:
MrBoBo said:
No dialogue is something I think GT abuses a lot. I know the mantra is "show, don't tell" but words are useful in deepening characters. Silence is not automatically profound. The dialogue the cult mother gives is important: without it she just looks needlessly cruel and you aren't sure why Ashi would value her upbringing so much. Because she points out that Ashi's love of nature is a distraction from her mission (to save the beautiful world from Jack), it's clear that the cruelty was given with purpose. That Ashi decides not to attack Jack after seeing him be gentle with the ladybug now means that she's questioning the lessons she was given, not just rejecting a cruel, abusive upbringing.
Could probably mute that scene entirely and still understand it.

I think as well putting the flashback sequence of the ladybird, directly next to the scene was abit too blunt. They could have put that at the very start of the episode, or replaced the scene where she looks through the crack (or optionally added to it).

The stuff with Jack interacting with her was great, but the final scene lacked much in the way of subtlety.

That lady (her mother?) will become a villain for an episode you think? Seems like it might be the case.

The final shot where she sits in directly in the middle of the screen mimicking Jacks posture was reminiscent of the final (well second final) scene of The Seven Samurai where the teenage guy stands between the farmers and the Samurai.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kolby Jack said:
MrBoBo said:
I was not a aware of Dragon Ball GT was bereft of dialoge?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Caramel Frappe said:
People keep complaining about Jack possibly getting with Ashi in a romantic sense.

Who cares, I just love the fact Jack might get a freaken companion after all this time. Who knows how many attempts women have backstabbed / betrayed / hurt him, not to mention his first crush was just Aku in disguise. The man deserves to be happy, so I won't complain if Ashi and him hook up. But I am more for the "father and daughter" route since it would sync better in my tastes.

Also lmao, I can't believe how hard Jack tried being nice to her in episode 4, girl tried killing him numerous times man.
I think the worry is that they might show a sex scene.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I have not laughed so hard at a Samurai Jack episode since The Scotsman showed up. The snark, wit, and deadpan all coming out of Jack was hilarious. Phil was nailing those lines left and right.

And that ending, while shocking to NO ONE, was pretty crushing. Imagine what's going through poor Ashi's head now as she curls up on a small island with a man she has been raised to hate. Her entire life is a lie. Everything that she's been told to believe is false. Her sisters all died believing it, and her mother and clan will no doubt kill her if she ever comes back to confront them over this. The poor girl is now literally alone in the world in the worst possible way.
Yes, of course Jack is going to help her overcome in, but still. That sight of her dropping the weapon and then curling up to likely cry was touching.

Also, judging by the preview, it's nice to see that there are still other people fight back against Aku, even after all these centuries. Yes, they're going to get slaughtered, but I like that idea that good still rises to challenge evil, even when there is no hope.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ok so far 4 episodes in and Last Week's episode was the weakest so far for me. And so far the best episdoes were 2 and 3. They are are least around the top 10.

The music, the acting, the action, good stuff.

One of my favortie scenes of episode 3 was just the sight of Jack wandering in the forest in pain, I mean this is the lowest I have ever seen of Jack:

And that music oh man Tyler Bates is nailing it. And another thing I am also enjoying is the recurring appearence of Jack's mental projection of his past self:

It certainly gives Jack charcater.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, new episode on right now. Nice to see the Scotsman back in action, and just as ornery as ever! Ya just can't keep an old Scotsman down, huh?

And Aku actually has something to do this episode. I like to think his malaise has something to do with the old adage of "What do you do after you take over the world?". Even if you do conquer everything, then what?

At least, that's how I see it...

Now to wait another week for the next episode... damn it...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Okay, new episode on right now. Nice to see the Scotsman back in action, and just as ornery as ever! Ya just can't keep an old Scotsman down, huh?

And Aku actually has something to do this episode. I like to think his malaise has something to do with the old adage of "What do you do after you take over the world?". Even if you do conquer everything, then what?

At least, that's how I see it...

Now to wait another week... damn it...
And I know exactly what the next episode is gonna be, and here's a hint, SO MUCH NOSTALGIA.

Also the Scotsmen has an Army of Snu Snu Women ;)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well, if that preview is anything to go by, we're going to see the return of a character that I really wasn't expecting.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Woolies-Main.jpg

Also, the Scotsman and his wife have been freaking busy, considering that he has around three dozen daughters, and I love that concept. Overall, pretty good episode.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Like I kinda worried with the short season. This episode felt rushed. It seemed like three episodes rolled into one without any way to breathe.
At least compared to the episodes that came before it that were much slower and better for it.