Saved game deleted, Rage Insues,

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I was playing Lego Star Wars II, had about 90% completion. And my sister wants to play. Fine, because I was leaving anyways. When I get home, it turns out she had saved her 2# completed file over mine. She has not touched my Xbox since that day.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
MetaKnight19 said:
My Pokemon Platinum file corrupted with a shiny Giratina and Mesprit in the PC box. That sucked so much...
Something similiar happened to me but it was with my Pokemon Gold or Silver version for Gameboy.

I had decided to play the game again, from where I had left just to train my pokemon. I had not played it for years and when I started it up instead of having the continue game option, it only said new game, so I had restart the whole game. I had almost every pokemon and I had quite a lot of level 100 hundreds. I had also clocked about 773 hours on it (No, I'm not exaggerating). I was absolutely horrified and angry about it.

I know that I died a little inside when that happened.

(What happened was years ago so that's why I can't remember which version it was).

I've also had get another copy of a game that I already owned, but was either lost a malfuntioning. Example: Metroid Zero Mission Reason: Lost due to having a cleaning crew in my house; Metroid Fusion Reason: Damaged.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
We got a wii and used the Gamecube Memory Card with it. Little did i know, the Wii corrupts Memory Cards. It ended up corrupting ALL MY SAVE FILES and MY GAMECUBE ITSELF. Luckily the Gamecubes only sell for $30 new, but my memory card was a 1050 block card, They don't even make those anymore! The maximum is only 256! I lost over 60, maybe 70 Saved Games because of my Wii.

Polite Sage

Feb 22, 2011
A friend accidentaly overwrote my Dark Cloud 2 save just when I was few rooms away from the extra final boss.

Once I accidentaly deleted my Armored Core 2 save when freeing memory card space.

Forgot my PS2 memory card in my trouser pockets and it got destroyed in the washing machine.

Windows update screwed up my computer and I needed to reinstall everything, thus deleting all my save games X(

...life is hard.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
Deus Ex 1, i was doing really fucking well, made it to the last level, died from an explosion that i don't want to talk about, and realized my last save was RIGHT BEFORE THE EXPLOSION, and like an idiot i only have one save per playthrough

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I saved over my file rather than loaded when I started a new game. Very upsetting.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
accidentally corrupting my sisters' kingdom hearts data was infuriating. also losing my 120 hour FFX game realllllllllllllllllly bugged me, and still does.

massaffect123

Apr 24, 2009
My friend and I were trying to play through Call of C'Thulu: Dark Corners of the Earth in one night, for giggles. At about three in the morning, the save file got corrupted, and we had to start all the way from the beginning. So we said screw it (in a much less kid-friendly manner) and played C'Thulu Saves the World instead.

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
As soon as I got to 100% completion in GTA: SA and was in the process of saving I had a black it corrupting my save file, I should specify I got the 100% without using any guides which took an incredible amount of time.

A couple of weeks ago I found my original Pokemon Silver in which I had every single Pokemon in the game at level 100, I put it in my gameboy loaded it up and only had the option to make a new game. Words cannot describe the level of rage I felt at this.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Yes, i had a free day or so. So i whipped out my old copy of Pokemon Gold, saw no save file. Began playing, i started around 7am, kept playing till around 11pm, Beat the league, got onto Kanto, saved and went to bed. Woke up i saw
">NEW GAME
>OPTIONS"

Rage insued indeed.

Turns out the battery broke on the game years ago (Quite a common thing) and i didnt know, as a result it doesnt save games.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Nuuu said:
We got a wii and used the Gamecube Memory Card with it. Little did i know, the Wii corrupts Memory Cards. It ended up corrupting ALL MY SAVE FILES and MY GAMECUBE ITSELF. Luckily the Gamecubes only sell for $30 new, but my memory card was a 1050 block card, They don't even make those anymore! The maximum is only 256! I lost over 60, maybe 70 Saved Games because of my Wii.
Wait what? The Wii corrupts memory cards? When did that happen? I've used my GC memory cards on the wii (because Metrod Prime 2 went black-white on my tv, for some reason, so I switched over to a different tv with the Wii), and the memory card was not corrupted nor was the Gamecube. However, I've had a somewhat similar problem with a 16mb PS2 memory card (Which from the looks of it, was normally 8mb). It worked nicely, but after a long while, it just decided to go corrupt and delete everything I had saved onto it. After that, I've only used it for pictures from Gran Turismo 4 :p.

OT: When I got; The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I thought it would be a smooth sailing, with me playing it, from start to end (not in one sitting, if it sounds like it). Then I went to train. When I came back home, I found out some cousins of mine had played on my DS. I were annoyed, over the posibillity that they might had continued on my save. They hadn't. They had, however, deleted it.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Auninteligentname said:
Nuuu said:
Wait what? The Wii corrupts memory cards? When did that happen? I've used my GC memory cards on the wii (because Metrod Prime 2 went black-white on my tv, for some reason, so I switched over to a different tv with the Wii), and the memory card was not corrupted nor was the Gamecube. However, I've had a somewhat similar problem with a 16mb PS2 memory card (Which from the looks of it, was normally 8mb). It worked nicely, but after a long while, it just decided to go corrupt and delete everything I had saved onto it. After that, I've only used it for pictures from Gran Turismo 4 :p.

OT: When I got; The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I thought it would be a smooth sailing, with me playing it, from start to end (not in one sitting, if it sounds like it). Then I went to train. When I came back home, I found out some cousins of mine had played on my DS. I were annoyed, over the posibillity that they might had continued on my save. They hadn't. They had, however, deleted it.
Well i think it depends onhow long you used it, plus, my Wii is pretty old, we got it maybe a month or two after it first came out, so it being an old model might contribute, plus we kept the card in the wii for 2 or 3 months, when i put it back in the gamecube and tried continuing a game, it decided i couldnt save from the card being corrupted.

meselfshimself

Aug 31, 2011
Oh I remeber saving a game of QUAKE 1....
At the end of ephisode 4........
On 9% Heath......
With an inbound Rocket no less than 10 inches from my face....

The only thing worse than that, was owning a PSX, a copy of metal gear solid with NO memory card, OOPS!

Did anyone get scammed by sega in to buying a 32x back in the 90's?, if so did you play 17 levels of Doom without a single save and only coffee to keep you going though the night? and all while the entire game looked like pixelated vomit and diorea?
If you did this pat your self on the back.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Nuuu said:
Auninteligentname said:
Nuuu said:
Snip
Well i think it depends onhow long you used it, plus, my Wii is pretty old, we got it maybe a month or two after it first came out, so it being an old model might contribute, plus we kept the card in the wii for 2 or 3 months, when i put it back in the gamecube and tried continuing a game, it decided i couldnt save from the card being corrupted.
I thought that maybe your problem could be because of the memory card itself. That those normal 256 block memory cards don't have that problem. But I am no expert, so the fact that your Wii was one of the earlier models, could indeed have caused that problem (or so I believe).