Say something nice about the Star Wars Prequel. If you can.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
I like the way they boosted the fanedit industry (just like George Lucas used to fanedit movies using VCRs so he could learn directing and editing, others do the same thing to his movies.)

I like the way Magnoliafan's fanedit turned Jar Jar into a character that you still don't like, but actually works for everything that happens to him in the movie. Brilliant idea.

I like the way they support Darths and Droids' satirization of them, although most of the credit goes to the Darths and Droids crew - genius in motion.

I like the way Red Letter Media deconstructed the work, especially when they showed the filmmakers' own shocked reactions to seeing how their finished work failed their own expectations.

I like the way the prequels taught me not to rely on others to make great things happen, especially Hollywood. More money does not equal more better.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
w00tage said:
I like the way Red Letter Media deconstructed the work, especially when they showed the filmmakers' own shocked reactions to seeing how their finished work failed their own expectations.
They kinda took that scene out of of context. And although I love his reviews, they are far from perfect.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
They were brilliant adventures perfect for kids and adults to enjoy and featured brilliant effects and were pretty much amazing movies. Why does everyone hate them so much? (apart from attack of the clones that kinda sucked.)

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
It has some really good, quotable lines.

Anakin: "We came here to rescue you" Obiwan *looking at them chained to posts* "Good job."

Palpatine "You two careful, he is big!" Obiwan "Mr speaker, we are for the big."

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Ordinaryundone said:
Plus, Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGregor as Jedi. Say what you will about the rest of the characters or casting, but those were some great choices.
Pretty much this, The casting was good (Christopher Lee!) but then fell over at teenage Anakin... :|

I don't really like the prequels as everything looks 'too fake' if that makes sense. Natalie Portman's makeup really annoyed me too. xD

Jar Jar Binks...well I hope you get to kill some of his species in TOR that's all I'm saying. >_>

penguindude42 said:
The nerdrage it caused justifies my hate. That is all.

[small]Wow, I'm starting to sound like Darkseid when I discuss this stuff.[/small]
Don't worry I'm sure even Supes would let you off this time.

Overall I think I can't really say anything about these films because I was forced to watch them over and over for a summer school thing my Uncle was running I swear I must have watched the first one 10 times in one month... :(

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Yoda taking out his lightsaber at the end of Episode II... the whole cinema cheered.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The movies actually weren't all that bad when you look at them on a thread that doesn't consist entirely of people screaming about Jar-Jar, and Anakin, the politics and all these other terrible aspects. The lightsaber battles in the first two prequels were very well done, the characters were much more interesting, and even had some of the most badass villains that I know of, even if they mostly had the life-span of a goldfish. The Seperatist droids looked and sounded great, up until the third movie at least. And the story actually wasn't that bad, it was just horribly paced and involved Anakin bitching for ages before eventually realising that he only had about 45 minutes more to become Darth Vader and rushed the rest of it.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, this will be easy.

-Liam Neeson
-Ewan MacGregor
-Christopher Lee
-Darth Maul is awesome
-The CGI is great in most parts
-The music
-The fight between Anikin and Obi-Wan in episode III is all kinds of epic
-The fight between Yoda and Palpatine is also all kinds of epic

I could list more but I think that's good enough for now. I actually didn't mind the prequels. While they are nowhere near as good as the original trilogy they were still watchable and I really liked Episode III.

El Presidente

Dec 26, 2011
The lightsaber fights, though I think they ultimately detracted from the films, when taken out of context looked pretty cool.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I actually like the prequels. The only things that annoy me are Anakin's whinging in Episode II and friggin Jar Jar in I. Episode III is my second favourite behind V. The lightsaber battles were really cool and Ewen McGregor did an amazing job as Obi Wan. I know people ***** about it being too political but how else do you think the Empire would have come about if not by politics?

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009

And Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor were damn fine as well (even if Liam Neeson's talent was wasted).