Say something to an inanimate object.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Ectoplasmicz said:
We all own inanimate objects. We must. We also all have inanimate objects which we cherish and love. Some of us would love to say something to let them know you love them.

So if you could say something to an inanimate object of yours (or not) what would it be?

Mine would go something like this.

To my dearest Nokia,

You were my first phone, and my first true love. You battled through thick and thin with me and could not thank you enough. You survived the most outrageous things, getting throws against walls and such, but you always stayed alive to me.

I still remember the day you died. You were dropped in a fire, I ran to your rescue. I took you out, and even though you were melted, you found a way to stay alive. For me. But your condition got worse. Your melted body had melted over your charging slot. You were deteriorating fast. I knew when you died. I try to turn you on but you just couldn't. You were gone. But I knew your pain had ceased. I knew you were in a better place.

You did everything to stay alive. To stay with me .

I think of you everyday.

I miss you.

Love,

Ectoplasmicz
Was it by any chance a 3310? those things were invincible.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
My dearest Anastasia [That's my laptop],

We haven't spent that much time together yet, but it already seems like years have passed since I went to the store and picked you out. Your ruby-red sheen caught my eye like no other, and I cherished you from the first moment.

I know I ask a lot of you, I make you run games though your fan cannot keep you cool enough. I keep you turned on almost constantly throughout the day, and sometimes half the night, but you have yet to fail me.

I would like to say, that the day you decide it's too much, and shut off due to overheating: I will forgive you.

But until that day, let us enjoy our time together.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
Hello Xbox 360.
I turned you on about 5 minutes ago, but have yet to push any buttons because I've been reading this forum topic.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
2 things:
Dear lego pieces,
why the FUCK do you hurt so much when I step on you?
sincerely, the known universe

and

Dear lamp.
You are a lamp.
Sincerely, metsplayer1

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Dear wife,

Dear hair,

Get cut, you're making me look like a hippie.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Why? I talk to inanimate objects all the time. Usually this takes the form of cursing at my computer.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Dear Sock,
clinging bravely to the end of my foot,
Get thee to a nunnery. Or the washing bin.

Yours, Blunderboy

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
Dear 360,

I know we've been through some rocky times and I've had to replace you more times than I care to remember, but I'll always love you. <3 I don't care what all those PC elitist guys say, you'll always mean more to me than they will. I know we haven't spent much time together lately, and I know I've been looking at a lot of PS3 and PC games, but I promise, you're my favourite. If your controller accidentally got thrown out, I swear it wouldn't take me six months to notice it's absence.

All my love,
JLB

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
What do you mean, inanimate? Obviously, all of the objects around my house speak and converse with me on a near-constant basis! And always through the medium of song.

In actual answer to the original prompt:

Fire Staff,
I love you.
I made you with my bare hands, cut the kevlar for your wick and cut my hands fastening your bolts. I labored over you for days and I poured my heart and the brightness in my eyes into you. You have danced and spun and sung with light with me for years. You are ever-faithful, an extension of movement's sound, flowing from me on an outstretched arm. You dance with me in instinctual sync, as you always have. Laden with power, light as a feather, you transition from spring sun to burning night with grace and efficiency. Uncovered, untaped, you are a shining jewel and you communicate your every motion with perfect speed.
You make me happy, let's go light shit on fire.
~Anna

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Wait, you don't talk to your plushies already? That makes me sad. :( I couldn't imagine going through even a single day without talking to them.

Faulty Turmoil

Nov 25, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
Sorry, i just feel an irrestistable urge to post this scene;

I was so close! [sub]Fucking ninjas...[/sub]

Comfy Ikea chair, you are so comfy. And even though you need a degree in mechanical engineering and brain surgery and rocket science to build, the mighty softness of your leather wrapped foam was worth it!

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
Dear phone.

I love you. You entertain me when I'm bored or on the toilet. You also let me type drafts to my stories when I'm away from my computer, and you play music so I'm happy during car rides. You're also so durable; I've dropped you so many times, but you've taken my beatings like a boss. Sure you now have a few dents and scratches, but I don't care. I still love you.

After all we've been through, phone, I don't think I could live without you. You're simply too awesome.

-Briana

BoredWalker

Aug 14, 2012
Ectoplasmicz said:
So if you could say something to an inanimate object of yours (or not) what would it be?
"If I could"? I curse out my laptop five times a day.

Dear laptop:

Curse you for having a wifi card so shitty that I can't play online or download anything for more than 20 minutes without an ethernet cable. When I get the time, I'm sending you to get that fixed and your fans cleaned out so we can once again enjoy playing online games together.