Say something to an inanimate object.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
I do nothing but sit at this PC all day, talking to myself. Does that count?

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
I would have long discussions with my Xbox about... fuck if I know, but I wouldn't stop talking to it for a second if I could help it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Dear Laptop,

Thank you for always being there for me when I want to use the internet. If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have heard about a lot of the games I play now. Not to mention I wouldn't be here on The Escapist.

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
Dear Xbox,

I know it is hot in my room, and i know you are dusty, but please just hold out a bit longer. I have yet to acquire the money for your repla, i mean friend. As long as you can play Minecraft, thats good enough for now.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
Breaker deGodot said:
Sorry, i just feel an irrestistable urge to post this scene;

Damn you for beating me.

To my San Andreas PS2 disc.

Thank you for remaining scratch and dust free. Please remain this way for many years to come so that our time together will be a long and prosperous one.

GROVE STREET O.G.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
arc101 said:
Yo, toaster? You're boss.
My friend looked at this gif and said "they clearly just reversed it".

OT: My dearest bed: Thank you for protecting me from the horrors under you. XOXOXOX, LackTheKnack

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
lacktheknack said:
arc101 said:

OT: My dearest bed: Thank you for protecting me from the horrors under you. XOXOXOX, LackTheKnack
Even if they DID reverse it (and how the hell would that work anyway?) I still think it's pretty amazing!

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Dear melt-point meter,

Stop being such a damn ****.

Yours Sincerely, Me.

{Edit for (bad) Haiku}

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
lacktheknack said:
arc101 said:
Even if they DID reverse it (and how the hell would that work anyway?) I still think it's pretty amazing!
It wouldn't work. My friend's critical thinking skills are a bit low.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010

Also:
Dear video games, why do you think you can beat me? I always surpass you eventually. Give up and let me enjoy myself.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Goddamn taffeta, why is there never enough of you!!! (I'm making a dress, it's a pain)

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Dear Final Fantasy,

This is really hard for me to say.

There are times when I think back on all those late nights, just you and me. Young, in love, becoming wrapped up in all kinds exciting new experiences... Nothing can rob me of those memories. Nothing can change what we had back then.

I've wracked my brain so many times asking myself where it went wrong, but that doesn't really matter anymore. There's so much emotion wrapped up this, and, well, I'll never get this out unless I resort to a colder approach, so that's what I'm going to do.

Here goes.

I've changed. I'm not the same person I was when we fell in love. New things have come into my life. I've had new experiences. I've grown and changed a lot in the past ten years.

Also, you've changed. Again, I've wracked my brain trying to pin down exactly what happened. Maybe it was when your dad left, though you shouldn't hate him for it. It really was your mom who drove him away... I can still remember that night she whispered, "I hope Sakaguchi dies in a ditch on his way home tonight."

Anyway, I had thought that you could move past it, but instead I'm struck with this overwhelming feeling that you've lost yourself. You seem to be obsessed with re-living your past while at the same time trying to completely re-invent yourself. You don't seem to know who you are anymore.

Maybe you just need some time to figure yourself out. Maybe your mom has gone off the deep end and is dragging you down with her. I don't know.

What I do know is I can't do this anymore. I can't stick around while you figure yourself out. If you find what it is you're looking for, if you find yourself again, look me up. Until then, we have to go our separate ways.

Take care of yourself and I wish you nothing but the best.

Goodbye,
remnant_phoenix

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
Dear raptor pony MK IV;
You've been in Faithful service to me since 2006,you may be loud as hell and heat up like crazy,but you still manage to blast most games on max settings at 50FPS,but I fear that pur time is coming to an end, Windows XP falls, DirectX9 withers and dies, and a blood red comets cuts across the sky,leaving a crimson trail behind. But do not fear,you will always have a place in my atticheart,when the MK V takes up yout mighty corner.
Winter Next gen is coming,and when you play the game of Thrones PCs,you win or you die.Take up more space in my attic.