School shooting at Texas Elementary school, several children reported dead

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Fuck me, 14 students reported dead: https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951

Im just numb to this shit If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to get reasonable gun restrictions passed, nothing will be. And of course the shooter was taken into police custody. As of posting its not known who they are, but bet me its a white young adult man.

Edit: It looks like the shooter was also killed.

Edit2: Looks like the death toll has risen to 21 - 18 children and 3 adults.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Fuck me, 14 students reported dead: https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951

Im just numb to this shit If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to get reasonable gun restrictions passed, nothing will be. And of course the shooter was taken into police custody. As of posting its not known who they are, but bet me its a white young adult man.
God bless the second amendment, right? If once, at least a little more frequently than mass shootings, we could hear a story about someone executing their second amendment rights in such a way that lives were saved, I'd be all for it. And before anyone posts "proof" that it's a thing that has happened, let me clarify that when it's the rule and not the exception, I'd be all for leaving it alone. As it stands, guns are rampant in this country to the extent that we can't go two days without a mass shooting, and by the way, where are the heroes preventing this kind of thing with their legally purchased and constitutionally protected firearms? This is just sad.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Your infrastructure is crumbling, your democracy is a lie, your police are an occupying army and you slaughter each other en masse. I really hope people stop treating the US like it's an actual civilised country soon.

This is truly horrible. But the reason it keeps happening is roughly half the country want it to be the kind of country it happens in.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I think the city planning in America makes people unhappy. I hate the car culture so much. Can't stand it. I hate how separate single family housing is the only housing permitted for most residential zoning. Suburbia wastes money and stretches everything out with ugly concrete that costs a fortune to maintain and is worse for the environment. It's also why cities always have so many big box stores that put small shops out of business. Very few places have zoning laws that allow shops to be integrated with residential areas. I want walkable cities, where you don't need a car to get anywhere. It's cheaper to build that way and cheaper to maintain. People don't walk because there is nowhere to walk. In many places, sidewalks just end, because it's assumed that the person will drive. So people don't look at each other. They get in the car, drive to the big store and go home. Takes a long time to get anywhere that isn't fucking ugly, and those places are few and far between. Parking lots, businesses, industry, gas station, industry, business, redevelopment, bland suburbs, business, parking lots, bunch of apartment buildings, redevelopment, industry, businesses, gas station, repeat, all with wide roads connecting it all, and the endless noise of cars. It's infuriating. Cities should be designed for people, not cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I think the city planning in America makes people unhappy. I hate the car culture so much. Can't stand it. I hate how separate single family housing is the only housing permitted for most residential zoning. Suburbia wastes money and stretches everything out with ugly concrete that costs a fortune to maintain and is worse for the environment. It's also why cities always have so many big box stores that put small shops out of business. Very few places have zoning laws that allow shops to be integrated with residential areas. I want walkable cities, where you don't need a car to get anywhere. It's cheaper to build that way and cheaper to maintain. People don't walk because there is nowhere to walk. In many places, sidewalks just end, because it's assumed that the person will drive. So people don't look at each other. They get in the car, drive to the big store and go home. Takes a long time to get anywhere that isn't fucking ugly, and those places are few and far between. Parking lots, businesses, industry, gas station, industry, business, redevelopment, bland suburbs, business, parking lots, bunch of apartment buildings, redevelopment, industry, businesses, gas station, repeat, all with wide roads connecting it all, and the endless noise of cars. It's infuriating. Cities should be designed for people, not cars.
... Wuh?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Were there two seperate shootings?
Not that Im aware of?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Let's hear Alex Jones tell us how this was faked.

By the way, where were all the good guys with guns? They're supposed to be stopping this kind of thing, not silly nonsense like "laws" or "regulations".

Reactions: BrawlMan

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Wrong thread buddy, you're looking for the Complain Train one. This is one about another mass shooting because the US can't get its shit together on the armed civilians front. I'm sure your city planning problems are important too though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is exactly why I don't take Ezekiel that seriously.

Back on topic: History repeats itself. Just another monster obsessed with proving a point by killing innocents, or trying to one up the other mass shooters. Why can't these assholes ever go after the NRA for once?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Wrong thread buddy, you're looking for the Complain Train one. This is one about another mass shooting because the US can't get its shit together on the armed civilians front. I'm sure your city planning problems are important too though.
Unhappiness has everything to do with mass shootings.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Not that Im aware of?
Well the wording is weird...

Two days before the start of summer break, an 18-year-old man opened fire at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, killing 14 students and one teacher, Gov. Greg Abbott said.
Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police Chief Pete Arredondo said there also were multiple injuries from a "mass casualty incident" at Robb Elementary in Uvalde. The gunman is believed to have acted alone and is dead, he said.
First paragraph doesn't name the school, then second says 'also' and names a school. So which school is the first one referring to?