Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Konrad Curze said:
Okay. You need to stop responding to people until you have actually read what they have said. Because "digital make-believe" just proves you have absolutely no clue what I said.
So I will say it one more time before I stop caring if you understand or not.
Please, go ahead.

I do not give half a fuck if it is a ratty old book, a million dollar painting, a car, a video game character or his dead mothers wedding ring. It has personal worth to him. Anyone who destroys something that another person clearly cares about for no reason is a selfish **** and forfeits any right to expect that they will be treated differently.
You are just passing it off as okay because it is a digital item which is just stupid.
I never said I was okay with anything. I merely pointed out the extreme of your reaction.
And I'm not trying to defend her actions; far be it from me to assume things about either one of them.

By following your logic, rapists should not get years in prison since all they did was cause someone else a momentary discomfort.
Now you're being silly.

This woman needs to be taught a lesson and pain is the ultimate teacher. Plus a broken jaw should take roughly the time to heal as it took him to level up his characters making it very fitting.
This is the part which scares me. If you honestly believe pain induced by violence of that kind can teach anything but unwilling submission and humiliation, I'll be hard-pressed to take this discussion further.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
Man Law:

Law #1: No Speaking in a Man's Bathroom
Law #2: Don't Fuck with another man's automobile. All disputes may be settled in hand-to-hand brawl, but under no circumstances is a man permitted to tamper with, taint, vandalize, or harm another man's automobile.
Law #3: Don't fuck with another man's video game and/or video game characters. Violation of this law should result in an open, full-force punch to the face

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
http://chainsawsuit.com/2010/06/14/

Edit: OK, so I suppose I should include some kind of explanation. This webcomic satirizes this post.

Goldhawk777

Jun 3, 2010
I have to make a clear that I am a non PC-gamer, and I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw his reaction. HA! Another Warcraft fan bites the dust! I truly wonder what unspeakable evil he committed to have her do that.

PC -1 Console Games +1
*WINNER*

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
When I was 12 and someone deleted my pokemon save files, it was probably a good thing in the long run.
Yea, I cried a bit when it first happened, but in retrospect, if it didn't happen, I probably would have continued playing that game even longer after I had wrung any fun out of it. I tried to start again but it wasn't long before I realised that I was neither having fun nor acheiving anything. It meant I went on to other things, saw how stupid it was to get mad at it and eventually stopped caring.

That is no way to react to a game and playing it as much as she claims he did has no posative angle. No matter what you say about the effort or personal importance of making a WoW character, in the end it is just a game with real world consequences that pale in comparison with, say, keeping your girlfriend satisfied.
If it is real, I hope he doesn't get his characters back.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
If someone deleted my WoW characters when my account was still active, I probably would have killed them over it, or at least seriously beaten them up. I know that sounds extreme, but considering what is/was on my account (7 80's, including a Scarab Lord, and over 600,000g), a person who would delete my characters would basically be costing me several thousand dollars if I ever decided to sell my account.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Jandau said:
Why would a person's girlfriend have his WoW password? That's just idiotic of him...
She didn't need the password, when he left he was still logged in. All she had to do to get to his character screen was type /logout.

This is pretty passive-aggressive bullshit on her part. For one thing, it's reversible by GM, for another, hey, you know, if she had a problem with him playing the game all the time, maybe she should have TALKED TO HIM ABOUT IT.

And then, if that talk did not come to a satisfying conclusion, MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT HIM.

Damaging his things is juvenile bullshit. Anyone who thinks this spoiled little brat is a hero needs to take a long fucking look at their own life.

Spitefully trashing something your boyfriend or girlfriend loves because they made you angry is infantile.

When she did this, it is because her mommy and daddy never told her about the difference between good attention and bad attention.

This is not a healthy way to work out your fucking differences.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Seems really fake to me.

She knew immediately what to press to log out? She knew immediately what pieces of armor/equipment to delete off that Gnome dude? The fact she knew exactly how to open the bag and even delete gear? Not on your first time mashing buttons, hell no.

And how he pushed the monitor off the screen first? Naaah.

And look at those pixels! I mean, I've seen a lot of video edits in my time.

Edit: Upon further inspection, maybe it is real, and the guy is stupid. His Gnome appears to be named Jink or Jinx, it's hard to make out, but the Human is for sure named Necrophore. Using the armory, Necrophore is on the Bonechewer realm, and on which there is neither a Jink or Jinx level 80 Gnome.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Woah...was not expecting that reaction o__o Nerd rage is a scary thing.
It is a shame more women having to fight against warcraft.

on a side note: was that her warlock charactor which she didnt delete? :p

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
This is fark.com so there's a large chance that it's fake.

If it isn't, petty vengeful retards like that are the reason 90% of all wars get started.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Valksy said:
There is an issue of course if he takes his anger out so quickly and so violently (and so destructively) I would argue that alone is reason to walk. But a video game isn't. Seriously folks, if you are having an issue with your partner sit down and fucking talk about it. All you do when you delete characters is make the recovery queue longer.
This, followed by This.

Jandau said:
Why would a person's girlfriend have his WoW password? That's just idiotic of him...
As far as fault, situations like this they are BOTH at fault.
Being a rather heavy WoW gamer myself and knowing others who are as well, I know how much of a time sink the game is.
Yes, it would be his fault for his addiction to the game. But it would be her fault for making such a Rash, Childish and Stupid decision. There is at least 5+ other ways that could have been worked out in a more mature (And less destructive) manner.

Remember, when someone gives another person an Ultimatum, they generally lose. =3

Yureina said:
If someone deleted my WoW characters when my account was still active, I probably would have killed them over it, or at least seriously beaten them up. I know that sounds extreme, but considering what is/was on my account (7 80's, including a Scarab Lord, and over 600,000g), a person who would delete my characters would basically be costing me several thousand dollars if I ever decided to sell my account.
Another point is that something such as this has many many hours/days/months/years etc of time effort and energy poured into it. Regardless if it a game, work of art, or any other medium, you should never violate another persons trust by destroying their possessions, no matter what it is or how they themselves associate with it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
If this video is real, then the guy over reacted. I mean, I am not saying what the wife/girlfriend did wasn't petty, but it is not worth trashing your computer for.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Demented Teddy said:
"They send one of our guys to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue."
Hey, hey, hey.
You be insultin' our Mafia code.
You wanna be sleepin' wid the fishes?
No?
Den you betta shut it, capiche?

But back to the topic at hand:
He got completely OWNED.
It sounds like a joke, and if not would be pretty damn harsh if this wasn't a joke.
But who gives their WoW account password to anyone, or leave it open?
That's just not smart.

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
I looooooooooove the way all women are being blamed by some posters on here, I didn't expect any better but still..........! *tuts* :-(

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
I'd be mad if I poured god knows how many hours and dollars into several characters to have a bitchy girlfriend throw it all away,***** best not play me like that,you wanna leave me leave me but the second you touch my games ***** gonna get schmacked straight to Canada,No no I jest...But I would be mad as all hell.But luckily my girl's a gamer,and she resects my RPGs,sonic fanboyishness and indie plaformers,and I sorta respect her FPS's and addiction to all things nintendo,So it's all cool,I don't mess with her when she plays CoD she don mess with me when I be savin cyrodiil and morrowind,and theres still plenty of time for other things,Balence is key though,and this guys wow account/monitor/god like grinding will never be the same.I almost feel bad him him.And find it sorta funny that ***** be so mad she be playin him so bad and video tapin it cos she must be crazy...or jealous.(And no I don't normally talk like this I'm just very tired.)

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Okay....I think the girlfriend just showed a sign of immaturity right there. If you feel your boyfriend is spending more time with WoW then you, then you don't just delete it all to piss him off. You walk away and find someone new, someone who won't ditch you for a computer game. All she showed me was that when she gets angry, she's just gonna destroy something you worked hard for.
This.

Although I was never in a 'realationship', I believe that's some really stupid move. So, if my guy pays more attention to, let's say, the TV than me, does that mean, I have to tear the TV apart with a chainsaw?

Just walk away with your dignity and maturity intact, that's all I say.