Scott Cawthon (FNaF guy) cancelled

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Or: he berated someone in his own company's blog (someone who had been perfectly cordial & polite to him). Others then said it was poor PR to do so, and then he started moaning about cancel culture... in a widely-read blog that offers him a massive platform.
Or it's like I said and your brand of bullshit is getting old for people.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Jesus Christ, okay. People aren't even allowed to call people out for plain rudeness anymore without being accused of fucking "cancel culture".

We're through the looking glass, it's lost all meaning.
Goes to show fragile and insecure peoples egos has become. Especially if it's the Republican party.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
People doxxing Cawthon and sending death threats to him and his wife is a matter of fragile egos?
I was not condoning the doxxing nor the death threats, and I understood why those that did it. They could have handle it way better. I still don't like nor will I support the douche. And I never said it was about the doxxer's fragile egos; though it would not surprise me, if a couple have some fragile egos. I was mainly referring to lot of people today who flip out no matter what, and over react. Whether it be online, living their lives on Twitter, or in actual real life.

Was Vivziepop just being insecure when people tried to dox her?
Don't know who that is. I'm assuming she's a decent person, and I'm gonna go with no on the fragile ego.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Like let's say I was trying to sell you a rare pokemon card. And off hand I happened to mention that I needed the money because I wanted to see what a purebred French bulldog tasted like and they weren't cheap from the local breeder. Like you would be less inclined to give me that money right? You would probably try and see if someone else had that card for sale?

Would you refuse to pay (or play) for a game knowing it would profit, or has profitted, a Republican donor?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
How is that not consistent?

Ollie Robinson was fired for tweets that resurfaced from nine years ago where he expressed anti-Muslim and anti-Asian sentiments.

Daniel Elder was fired (after refusing to sign a pre-written statement of apology) for criticizing BLM.

Gina Carrano was fired for comparing American conservatives to Jews in Nazi Germany.

People attempted to cancel Rowling for her "transphobic" letter by staff refusing to publish The Ickabog.

Not my example, but Marc Lamont Hill was fired for using "from the river to the sea" in a UN speech.

If you want an actual definition of "cancelled," while it's nebulous, I'd broadly define it as "being removed from a position and/or being denied access to a position due to the expression of socio-political views." Everyone I listed above would fit that definition with the exception of Rowling, who wasn't fired (likely because she was "too big to cancel," to use the phrase).
With the NFL, was there someone who was fired, who wasnt allowed to return to the league... still?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
With the NFL, was there someone who was fired, who wasnt allowed to return to the league... still?
I have no idea. Are you referring to Kapernick? Certainly people tried to cancel him for kneeling. And why are we suddenly talking about NFL?

Are you seriously suggesting that if I don't list someone, I'm fine with them being fired for the expression of their beliefs?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You can't have it both ways. It can't be that people don't have time to do research, or keep up with events or personalities so its unfair to assume they support said personalities...and then also #OMG Did you hear about personality person doing something I didn't know about and don't like? What the hell is with that?!
Its one or the other. You either do your research and are informed, or don't and aren't.
So.. there is a time limit?

Eg. It's to late to comment on Factorio drama because I didnt learn about it soon enough?

I didn't know about Roman Polanski til I grew up. Therefore I cant make comments on that situation?

Today, I've been learning about Trotsky and how he was actually was working class organiser and used that to generate the Red Army. While Stalin was far more beauratic, generating the stupid layered structure of the Soviet government. Trotsky foughr against this and lost. You're saying, since I learnt this today, I cant share my opinion because it happened 100 years ago?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I have no idea. Are you referring to Kapernick? Certainly people tried to cancel him for kneeling. And why are we suddenly talking about NFL?

Are you seriously suggesting that if I don't list someone, I'm fine with them being fired for the expression of their beliefs?
The NFL bowed down to the cancellers and fired Kapernick. That wasnt good enough so they tried to cancel the NFL.

This is what you said 'wasn't cancel culture.'

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The NFL bowed down to the cancellers and fired Kapernick. That wasnt good enough so they tried to cancel the NFL.

This is what you said 'wasn't cancel culture.'
I haven't commented on the NFL until you brought it up, so what the hell are you talking about?

I said Cawthorn wasn't cancelled, because he retired by his own volition. Kapernick was cancelled, because he WAS fired.

I've given an example of how I would defend cancel culture, and Kapernick fits the bill. I don't know why we're suddenly focusing on Kapernick, but since you've brought it up, what else can I do?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
People doxxing Cawthon and sending death threats to him and his wife is a matter of fragile egos? Was Vivziepop just being insecure when people tried to dox her?
She said that it's okay to criticize Cawthorne (but doxing was going too far)

That's what she got doxed for. You kinda forgot that context

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
She said that it's okay to criticize Cawthorne (but doxing was going too far)

That's what she got doxed for. You kinda forgot that context
No I didn't forget. This is what everyone here can expect to see more of in the future the more we go down this road of tribal bullshit. The "Chicago Way" where both sides keep retaliating against each other and the fault will lie with people like you who decided the rules didn't apply to you or your "side".

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So.. there is a time limit?

Eg. It's to late to comment on Factorio drama because I didnt learn about it soon enough?

I didn't know about Roman Polanski til I grew up. Therefore I cant make comments on that situation?

Today, I've been learning about Trotsky and how he was actually was working class organiser and used that to generate the Red Army. While Stalin was far more beauratic, generating the stupid layered structure of the Soviet government. Trotsky foughr against this and lost. You're saying, since I learnt this today, I cant share my opinion because it happened 100 years ago?
I dunno, I think after several years of someone openly doing something, and being in the public eye, acting like it was some big secret no one could have possibly known is a little disingenuous.
Regarding Trostsky, yeah its a little late to be calling for someone to do something about it.
Also id like to point out modern politics is different than history. Id stick to people who are still alive, or at least actively participating in various fields.
Trotsky is a century dead, getting worked up about what he's doing is moot. Scoot Cawthon is still alive. Knowing what he's doing and forming opinions on it is a little more...modern.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No I didn't forget. This is what everyone here can expect to see more of in the future the more we go down this road of tribal bullshit. The "Chicago Way" where both sides keep retaliating against each other and the fault will lie with people like you who decided the rules didn't apply to you or your "side".
You're gonna have to find literally anywhere where I've said that "the rules don't apply to my side". Criticizing somebody for their shit politics is a far cry from doxing, my guy.

Reactions: Buyetyen and Avnger

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Jesus Christ, okay. People aren't even allowed to say someone's being rude anymore or it's "cancel culture".

It's truly lost all meaning.
Cancel Culture never had any meaning to begin with. It's just the new form of "Political Correctness" which also had no fucking meaning.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I haven't commented on the NFL until you brought it up, so what the hell are you talking about?

I said Cawthorn wasn't cancelled, because he retired by his own volition. Kapernick was cancelled, because he WAS fired.

I've given an example of how I would defend cancel culture, and Kapernick fits the bill. I don't know why we're suddenly focusing on Kapernick, but since you've brought it up, what else can I do?
Post #99. Where you were replying to Agema