Seattle "Superhero" Arrested For Pepper Spray Assault

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Treblaine said:
Sober Thal said:
'Call the cops, stay away from them' is the proper response. When you inject yourself into illegal activities, you are breaking the law also.... duh.
So tackling a mugger who is running away with a woman's handbag (an illegal activity) you are "breaking the law" just by getting involved?
I must have missed that part in the video. At what point does that happen?
it was one crime Jones prevented that got him famous, and preventing a car jacking.

Lentejax said:
Cyrus Hanley said:
Apparently this is the face of Phoenix Jones.

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/phoenixjones.jpg/]

o_O
OMG he's BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he would be some middle aged white man
LOOK AT HIS HAIR!!!! DAMN!!! HIS HAIR LOOKS LIKE IT COULD FIGHT CRIME BY ITSELF!!!!

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Jegsimmons said:
LOOK AT HIS HAIR!!!! DAMN!!! HIS HAIR LOOKS LIKE IT COULD FIGHT CRIME BY ITSELF!!!!
Ya his hair is kinda either really awesome or a crime of it's own, but it does look better than when he had the end of it dyed blonde and fought in the MMA ring under the name flattop

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
Lentejax said:
Cyrus Hanley said:

o_O
OMG he's BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he would be some middle aged white man
I thought he would be Aaron Johnson. D:

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
As interesting, if totally messed up, a movie as Kick Ass was, no. You shouldn't take it to reality. Nice thought, but just taking on bad guys is a bad idea.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Akalabeth said:
Beryl77 said:
So funny the comments here.
Most of the time when a group of people does something bad, for example beat someone up, most comments are like "This society is sick, why doesn't any do something, where are all the heroes?"
Then, when someone has the balls to actually do something (it's his own fault and decision if he puts himself in danger), the comments change to "Wow, what a moron, why does he act like such an idiot and do something so stupid."
Sigh, people just don't know what they want.
You're talking about two completely different scenarios, people say "why doesn't someone do something" when it's A - a group kicking the shit out of one guy.

From the video it just looks like a couple people in a group scuffling with other people around looking out for them. It was not four-five guys kicking one guy on the ground.

So the comments are not hypocritical
The comments I was referring to, were the ones which generally said he's a nutcase and he shouldn't do this but he does actually more that just what we saw here. This here was just one situation were he screwed up. I've seen videos were he actually helps people.
We don't know anyway what exactly the situation was here so we can't judge him based on this footage.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
That's not pepper-spray, that's shark repellent ^_^

Seriously, this guy has the right idea of trying to help people out but the way he does it is forcing the police to book him before he get himself killed.
He has a good heart but no brain

godofslack

May 8, 2011
Cyrus Hanley said:

o_O
It's actually amazing. He LOOKS like a character from a super hero movie.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
baconsarnie said:
So the police can pepper spray a group of innocent people at occupy wall street but a vigilante can't pepper spray some drunk people beating on him?
America y u no be consistent?

EDIT: Yes, i understand that different states have different attitudes, laws whatever.
My point was based upon the unfairness, the immorality of it which makes it unjust, and surely justice should be a pretty much universal standard. I'm frankly amazed at two things:
1. the number of times i was quoted
2. they all basically said "they are in different states, you did know that right?"
For the sake of the pedants
Justice y u no be consistent?
Does shitting on a cop car*, calling for the downfall of your entire economic system and generally making an ass of yourself count as 'innocence' now?

--

*Heard this secondhand - not sure of it's validity.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
There are people who aren't worth jumping in and saving. A prime example is the intoxicated clubbers on display here. It's important to pick your battles. I'm glad he pepper sprayed them anyway and I hope the law goes in his favor.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
As a police officer i want to point out then when the cops arrived on scene they arrest what they can observe or get statements out of. I don't think him being the only arrested was so much an 'abuse of power' as it was a 'mistake.' Running into a group of idiots fighting isn't very bright. You know what we do? First we talk (yell at) to them. Not just jump in swinging.

I'm glad our weather is too mercurial here for anyone to dress like a nitwit and do what he's doing. What a headache.

Adam Jensen said:
He's the hero Seattle deserves, not the one it needs right now. He's a loud guardian, a watchful moron, a dark idiot.
lol. You're my hero.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
JMan said:
We need to institute a superhero registration thing where people wanting to be masked vigilantes have to undergo some form of weapons and self defense training, register their real and vigilante name and their costume to be able to fight crime legally.
We have that. It's called 'bounty hunters' or 'private security firms'

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
TitanAtlas said:
Well i guess, by the sequence of hate that our dear escapists are posting, no one likes the "Hero".

Honestly... he stopped the fight and the pepper spray was in order considering himself was attacked... Jail time and 5k fine is kinda harsh considering all things...

And yes he is kinda crazy and idiot to have hopes of being a hero, but you people forgot the most important thing... He hopes to be a hero, he doesn't care he gets injured or hurt, and honestly he does more then lots of big talkers say they would do. Hell... in where peopel say they would do this, he acctually does it.

Still Seattle crimes, appear more to be drunk people and deuchebaggery then anything else... so do not know what kind of crime there is in that place...
People don't like it when others do things positive. It exposes their own indifference. So they feel the need to "take the person down a peg" or dismiss them as idiots so they can feel secure, even superior, in their own laziness and apathy.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
I met a real life superheo when I was in Torquay

Actually a really nice bloke, I was going to steal his hat but had a chat with him and he was just talking about how most of what he does is just looking after people making sure they get home safe after nights out, though I think he has some issues going on that make him need to do it.

Compared to that idiot running around on the video who is just a self-publicist adrenaline junkie looking to get involved in fights, he is a far better hero.

(looking for fights rather than looking for people to help is the issue here.)

godofslack

May 8, 2011
ace_of_something said:
JMan said:
We need to institute a superhero registration thing where people wanting to be masked vigilantes have to undergo some form of weapons and self defense training, register their real and vigilante name and their costume to be able to fight crime legally.
Fight crime not perpetrate it.

GeeksUtopia

Feb 26, 2011
would be best if he carried around a couple of pairs of hand cuffs or something to restrain the drunks, him running in the middle of the fight and wading around while calling the police was a good call, being dressed up as a hero, bad idea. And the video looks mostly like he is performing self defense, if someone beats up on me, then I would most likely defend myself.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
godofslack said:
ace_of_something said:
JMan said:
Fight crime not perpetrate it.
???
What do you think bounty hunters and PSF do?
Bounty Hunters get wanted criminals or more commonly people who jumpped bail (that is payed their bail so they don't have to await trial in jail and then didn't show up to trial)
PSF are like security guards and the ilk.