Secret Service Apologizes for Insulting Fox on Twitter

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
cjbos81 said:
How would everyone feel if this guy made some comment about a liberal issue or network? Would it still be funny then?

Government employees MUST demonstrate a certain level of public decorum.

If you are a civil servant, keep your opinion to yourself until you're off the clock and out of uniform.
Of course it would still be funny. The sheer inappropriateness is where the humor comes from.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I dont know, I wish they had left it. I think the world would be a far more interesting place if a lot of these organisations, public figures and so on just said what they felt. I dont think it would improve the running of things - would more than likely make things a lot worse - but still be interesting none the less.

As to the whole Sikaru rant earlier; your argument in nearly every post in defense was that the Fox guys had used a bad choice of words - thats the point! The reporters use words that imply certain things and carry certain conotations so that later on if they get questioned they can retaliate in much the same way you did.

Fox arent the only ones guilty of it of course but it is a very common journalism tactic and one that you cant really defend.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Oh for goodness' sake... the 'Secret Service' tweets? Where's that Picard double facepalm demotivator when you need it...?

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Fucking hilarious, and so true. Personally, had I been the actual spokesperson for the secret service, I would have just left it up. :p

My money is on Fox & Friends being the show that the guy was watching.