Sega Says No Valkyria Chronicles III For Western Gamers

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
And you won't get any of our Western money.
Pretty damn simple.

Then again it is PSP, and there's your problem.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Scrustle said:
Haha! Nicely written article. I say without shame that I don't care about this game so I am not saddened by this news, but this article amused me with it's wit. Umad?
He's just being a pessimist. You should have seen how much of an ass he was in the Portal fan film article.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Rarhnor said:
Yeeah...

We ship Gears 3 to an almost Xbox360 dry region, but we don't get YOUR 3rd installation for Valkeryia Chronicles.

'Logics: Japan edition'

Edit: Not to mention that VCII was on a different platform.
More "logics: America edition" (shipping out a game that won't sell is pretty damn stupid, ain't it?) and why do people keep saying that last bit? VC III is on the PSP. Just look at that screenshot, it's kind of obviously a PSP shot.

OT: I did my part damn you! I bought it on the day of release! Burn you heathens! Burn!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
I swear, this is just like the Dreamcast all over again.
Except the Dreamcast didn't require weekly updates that were useless to the consumer like the psp.
I love Valkyeria Chronicles 1 (one of the most interesting games to come out this gen) and if 2 had also released on the ps3 I would've bought that too; and it would've been the 3rd ps3 game I bought last year.
The PSP is deader than dead and Sega should probably get with the program and release their games on platforms people actually use...like the ps3: it could use some good games.
They would've had better luck if they actually released it on the Dreamcast or the PS2... people bought those.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Maybe if they put it on a system that wasn't a PSP I would buy it. I have the first Valkria Chronicles and loved it. Wouldn't know anything about the second one because I DOn't OWN A PSP AND ILL BE DAMNED IF I BUY ONE.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I have a bit more respect for you now sir. And my bad, I read when I commute and use better consoles at home, so I has no PSP.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Well shit.
At least there will almost definitely be a fan translation of it before long.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
well that sucks... for those of you who can't import, I will say though I enjoyed 2 more than 3. Still its an amazing game I feel bad for all of u who'll never get to play this

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I don't own a PSP, and I've never heard of this series.

Note: Sega is also showing its hate for North America by torturing us by refusing to stop beating the fully decomposed Sonic.

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
tanis1lionheart said:
SEGA:
You OWE US for decade(s) of shitty sonic games.
^this^

Besides, If they had made the second game for the PS3 (they could have also made the portable version at the same time with little difficulty), It would have probably seen more sales.

VC1- for PS3, sales start off slow but build as word of mouth gets around
VC2-for PSP, original fan base alienated, how many people actually own both systems? And the game was not as good as the first.

SEGA blames fan base for not owning both systems and not buying their inferior sequel. Fuck you SEGA...

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe if VC2 wasn't on such a piss poor system, we would buy it more. The original was a masterpiece, but I'll be damned if I spend my money on a portable gaming system just to play one game.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
God damn it, Valkyria Chronicles was easily one of the best things I ever bought. Would of loved to.have seen.VC2 on the PS3, but seeing as how many handhelds are sold and used in Japan, its no surprise it wound up on the psp.......from a sales point of view

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
VC2 was released on a platform very few people give a damn about, and its not even the same platform of VC1. What did Sega expected?

Don't want to release it in America? Fine, then. It would sell like crap, anyways. You know why? Because they would still release it for a platform very few people give a damn about. Just don't come crying for your problems to us when you make poor business decisions to save money for Sonic XXVII...

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Did VCII receive any western advertisement beyond word of mouth? I don't remember it doing so. Seems like that might have bolstered sales some.

You know what hurt the most about this, Sega? The way you just refused to fucking comment about a possible western release for so long. You let folk like myself hope it would indeed find its way to our PSPs, and then you made it very clear, many months later, that you never had any intention of allowing it to.

It was around August, I think, that they turned the idea down proper. August. The game was released in Japan around January, meaning it took them half a year to tell us what they already knew. Does Sega actually give any shits about their western audience?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
"But Nex, it wasn't just us. There were probably lots of other people who ignored Valkyria Chronicles II also!" you mumble, shamed by your own indifference.
see this right here i take issue with

your assuming i feel shame, at all, for any reason

but given the hostel tone for the article, all i can say is

sucks for you guys :D
*goes back to figuring out how to get the coin for Dark Souls*

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
sheah1 said:
Rarhnor said:
Yeeah...

We ship Gears 3 to an almost Xbox360 dry region, but we don't get YOUR 3rd installation for Valkeryia Chronicles.

'Logics: Japan edition'

Edit: Not to mention that VCII was on a different platform.
More "logics: America edition" (shipping out a game that won't sell is pretty damn stupid, ain't it?) and why do people keep saying that last bit? VC III is on the PSP. Just look at that screenshot, it's kind of obviously a PSP shot.

OT: I did my part damn you! I bought it on the day of release! Burn you heathens! Burn!
The 1st VC did good, because it was good. The 2nd did bad, because it was bad. The 3rd is looking good, so it should definitely be able to sell.
It's just a stubborn company that wants both paper AND plastic, but without the cost.

And I deleted that last part, before i left the thread. I had my mind elsewhere at that time.