Sequels to games that deserve them.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Neronium said:
Megaman Legends 2 needs a Megaman Legends 3 dammit! I mean Legends 2 had it perfectly set up for a sequel and Capcom decided to kick dirt in Legends fans faces. Please, I wish to have closure on the story dammit! >.<

Another one would be some sorta of sequel or continuation of the Colosseum series because they are my favorite Pokemon games.
I concur. And not just a handheld game. I want a full console experience. Give me Megaman Legends 3 on the PS4!

Seriously Capcom as much as you appear to love that game, why have you not made a sequel? Tronbon in MvC3, Servbots all over the place, but no Megaman Legends 3? That's just evil.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Saltyk said:
Neronium said:
Megaman Legends 2 needs a Megaman Legends 3 dammit! I mean Legends 2 had it perfectly set up for a sequel and Capcom decided to kick dirt in Legends fans faces. Please, I wish to have closure on the story dammit! >.<

Another one would be some sorta of sequel or continuation of the Colosseum series because they are my favorite Pokemon games.
I concur. And not just a handheld game. I want a full console experience. Give me Megaman Legends 3 on the PS4!

Seriously Capcom as much as you appear to love that game, why have you not made a sequel? Tronbon in MvC3, Servbots all over the place, but no Megaman Legends 3? That's just evil.
I wouldn't care if it were on a handheld, hell I could see it as a selling point because it'd be like how the graphics used to be and could be on the eShop for the 3DS or on the PSN. Not only that but Kenji Inafune asked Capcom if he could continue to make it when he had his other studio as did others but Capcom told them both no. Shortly afterwards we got this...thing:
I swear they did that just to piss off Inafune. XD

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Having just recently beat God Hand, I'll go with that. I love the dodge system, the customizable combos and attacks, the difficulty that scales to your level, all seem like things that should've been copied to death already, to say nothing for the humor and soundtrack.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Boogie Knight said:
Alpha Protocol getting a little more polish and balancing for different strategies and playstyles would be quite nice.
Love Alpha Protocol. The talking aspect was perfect and the changes they added was good. Just the shooting and maps could do with some polishing. But the core game was awesome. Its a shame games with great ideas get written off and games that are same old same old every sequel the same like CoD keep getting bought.

Feb 9, 2011
SFMB said:
This thread again? Really? Why can't you just browse the forums down just a bit to satisfy your curiosity. The choices are always the same, anyways.
Maybe even...this thread deserved a sequel... ^_-

Anyway, I'll toss my vote in for Earthbound. It really needs another title, but that series seems cursed. There's always hiccups and game breaking issues. Poor Earthbound. :<

XX Y XY

Apr 2, 2011
Star Control 2. And no Star Control 3 doesn't count. :p Best game I've ever played. If it had been on a mainstream console instead of the 3DO then I have no doubt there would be more games in the franchise.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Some of mines have already been said but one that hasn't it Viva Pinata. Those two games were bright and colourful, good fun and had a shit ton of depth to them.

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Nouw said:
Space Marine. It had a fantastic base-game with fighting that flowed really damn well between melee and ranged combat and I think it deserves another shot. New enemies, longer campaign, new weapons and just more in general! Relic Entertainment somehow pulled it off and I hope SEGA gives them another chance in the future.
You beat me too it, I know it did not get the chance to shine like it could have with all the going-ons of Relic. I feel that it could have been about 20% more grimdark, and you knew that they were rushed to get it out.

Sega could definatley give it the necessary funds, and will be able to offer continued support for the product after the launch.

Operation Genesis

Apr 8, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
I think there is (or possibly, was) scope for a really good Red Dead Redemption sequel about Jack going for vengeance. To be honest, that quest felt pretty tacked on and underwhelming, I can't imagine people would be up in arms if it were retconned.
I, for one, would be furious if they retconned it. The point of the ending is that Jack threw away his future and everything that John worked for throughout the entire game to kill an old man by a river. John desperately wanted to give Jack the opportunity to be a better man than he was, but he failed, and now his son is the same caliber of human he was, and the continuing expansion of civilization has made Jack even more of a relic than John was. It's a beautifully desolate ending, and is incredibly against the idea of vengeance. I'd much rather have that than some kind of masturbatory revenge fantasy where Jack kills the government or whatever. Red Dead Redemption ended exactly where it should have, in my opinion.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
___________________ said:
Shenmue 2 needs a Shenmue 3. Oh cruel world.
exactly what I was going to say, and exactly what I DO say every time a question like this comes up without fail, it is a TRAVESTY that Shenmue was never finished,

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Give me Alpha protocol 2 DAMN IT!!! Seriously we need more espionage RPGs.

Megaman Legends 3, seriously there is still so much more that they could do with the series, not to mention the ending of MML 2 is pretty much begging for a sequel

Jet Force Gemini is also a game I would like to see a sequel to, not as much as the other two titles I mentioned but it would still be a nice surprise.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Okami

And don't you start with that "Okamiden" crap. I mean a TRUE full-fledged Okami 2.

(Also, a new entry in the Chrono series would quite welcome in these JRPG-starved days.)

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Sequels to Vanquish, Space Marine and a new Panzer Dragoon Orta / PD Saga (no kinect BS) certainly needs to happen.

As does a new Anarchy Reigns which was abit rough around the edges and a flop due to SEGA running out of money and naff lobby / matchmaking. The core gameplay element minus the button mashing crap was sound as a pound though.