Serial Killer Round 59: Wake Up Machine (Game over)

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
[h4]You can have it in any color you want. As long as it's BLACK.[/h4]

Schizzy said:
"There is to be no questions about the user's country, Publisher's Club status, Forum Health meter, badges obtained and who has befriended them."

How long has this rule been there for the Spy? It seems like every time a spy finds a way to halve the list of suspects, it gets nerfed. So far, I'm not sure I've heard of a convincing argument against asking nationality, forum meters or pub club status.
Gotta agree. Badges, friends, and nationality have always been fair game. Narrowing a hit-list down by friends or badges is a big gamble in itself, and as much as I hate the fifty-fifty split that comes from asking about nationality, it only hurts when certain folks try and steer the thread.

@Aero: As long as the questions are forum-related and not defaming in any way, I don't see why we should impose a limit on what can be asked. Then again, I'm not the GM. If you believe it benefits the game, do what you want.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
@Caramel: Badges was among the most popular question asked by spies. Also the most risky because it was so organic, the question you ask now may not be relevant by the time the GM answers the question ? the badges on display may change depending on what activity people were up to.

And cliche questions is NOT a convincing argument against banning the questions. I want to know how such question could break the game. At the mo, the ban seems arbitrary. Until someone comes up with a good reason, like Link's explanation regarding Arbiter's power against other roles, I will most likely remain unconvinced.

But I'll be no less committed to playing the game :p

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Schizzy said:
And cliche questions is NOT a convincing argument against banning the questions.
@Schizzy: .. Why did you capitalize not? ... I would of perfectly understood your point if you just worded it as 'not'.
@Caramel: It's called emphasis, young murderous padawan. Or has the practice gone out of style with you kids nowadays? But just to clarify, I'm not yelling at you.

Kids nowadays. So sensitive :p

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Not sure if everyone has read the rules properly since I have some people sending a number and some wanting a colour which isn't allowed. :/ Also I'm not able to give everyone's desired colour 100%, since some may be too similar to each other but so far is isn't a huge problem.[hr]
[HEADING=1]Regarding the role of the Spy[/HEADING]​
The changes made are not to nerf it but instead it is to prevent certain game-breaking situations when a question is asked, like these:

Is the Killer listed as in X country on their profile?

This question can't be applied to a Killer who hasn't put a flag on their profile, therefore the answer is always "no" for them. I also don't like how "Does the Killer have a country listed on their profile?" is considered to be a separate question. Removing it just doesn't make it complicated for future GMs, but if enough people complain about this one I'll enable it.

Is the Killer in the Publisher's Club?

The answer could be "yes" but midway through the game it's possible that the Killer's subscription will expire, invalidating the answer.

Does the Killer have a clean Forum Health meter?

This is not controlled by the Killer directly, because from other threads their meter would decrease by getting a warning or mod wrath and can be increased through amnesty. The changes to the meter can be altered after the question is asked. Mods also have their meter hidden, so it's impossible to answer the question if the Killer is one.

Does the Killer have X badge?

The GM can answer "no" but the Killer may be able to earn the badge right after and has no control over it.

Is the Killer befriended by X user?

Again, the answer can be "no" but then later would become incorrect if X user befriends the Killer afterwards.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
@Aero: Fair enough. Essentially, it boils down to the organic nature of most of these identifiers. But I think the nationality can still apply. While playing spy, it was common practice to treat unlisted nationalities as wildcards - doesn't matter if they do or do not belong to a specific nationality.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
You already took purple? D:<

@Terratina: I'll kill you!

...assuming I get one of two rules XD

Otherwise I'll just vote for you, but that sounds less aggressive :p

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Caramel Frappe: Nah, indigo works, it's first come first serve with the colours so you've got priority.

Although, I'm not sure what you see, but since I'm colourblind indigo looks pretty much the same as purple, of which two other people would want. It's them I'm not really sure about but I haven't started on the banner with everyone's avatar characters so we'll see.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Oh yeah, did we establish that I was the lawyer last round?

I forgot to say. I wasn't very effective. Don't know how the fuck Link was so good at weeding out who had roles. :/

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@T0ad: Meh, kinda. I mentioned I was going to kill you next in my death post.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
@Aerosteam: Wait what? I missed the chance to roleplay a scene of acting betrayed and hurt? GOD DAMNIT!

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@T0ad: Hey, I never actually killed you!

Besides, with the background to this raundo the Lawyer (or Hacker) of the previous one has be unaware that they were about to be betrayed anyway.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
@Deserteagleye: The answer is simple... *chloroforms desert*

@Aerosteam: He was asking things... what should we do?