Seriously, we're barely a day into the new year and I'm already getting questioned by the police

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Tranka Verrane said:
nebtheslayer95 said:
coming from a ginger in america, i know what youre talking about. just let it go, be the bigger person. or hell, just move away.
Wait, what? I thought the Americans had a thing for redheads?
Im american and redheads are hot. Ive been in this sitation just let it go.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
LostProxy said:
Jaranja said:
That's absolutely outrageous.

I was arrested, charged with assault. Here's what happened:

Normal day at school, talking with the lads, just generally larking around. I knocked into a girl in the year below and, being the gentleman that I am, immediately apologized. She slapped me around the face and I took it and went back to my friends.

Later, I was walking home from school and she was coming up behind me. I started walking a bit faster because I'm not getting involved in that kind of that thing! She started running and pushed me forward. I turned around to face her and asked her what she wanted. She slapped me once more, shouting profanities. I pushed her back and she fell to the floor. I then walked off and got my bus home.

The next morning I'm rudely awakened by the police. I'm taken down to the police station for 5 hours! A day wasted for not letting some ***** push me around!
Wait so she started it and you got charged? Wtf?
I was going to sue the police in my area but I'm not going to her level, the whore.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Dommyboy said:
Jaranja said:
That's absolutely outrageous.

I was arrested, charged with assault. Here's what happened:

Normal day at school, talking with the lads, just generally larking around. I knocked into a girl in the year below and, being the gentleman that I am, immediately apologized. She slapped me around the face and I took it and went back to my friends.

Later, I was walking home from school and she was coming up behind me. I started walking a bit faster because I'm not getting involved in that kind of that thing! She started running and pushed me forward. I turned around to face her and asked her what she wanted. She slapped me once more, shouting profanities. I pushed her back and she fell to the floor. I then walked off and got my bus home.

The next morning I'm rudely awakened by the police. I'm taken down to the police station for 5 hours! A day wasted for not letting some ***** push me around!
Did they realize that she was antagonizing you? This just sounds completely ludicrous. Surely there was some justice involved.
She did get pushed. I hear none of her friends liked her after that and she moved schools. Karma, a man-made system of justice.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Move, seriously. I wouldn't take that for that long, luckily I live in Canada so even if I hadn't been born here I would be generally pretty accepted. Though my personality does seem to make quite a few people hate me. Apparently people don't like to hear about their mistakes.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Something has happened to me where some ignorant bastard said I was a racist and decided to try and make my remaining school life a misery, luckily I don't go to school anymore.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I was in a school where apparently being white I was the minority and I was often called "white boy" which is strange since the 3 other (I think this school had a grand total of 6 altogether) white kids in my class didn't get called that at all. obviously a bit racist but I didn't care. It was back a few years ago when I was in my whole "I hate everybody phase" I have grown out of that and now I don't hate everybody, just 99.9% of the worlds population.

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
I think you need to move house buddy and let the island rot :/
Also no I have not although I do get angry and frustrated when different races or skin purposely want to make you feel awkward by twisting your words to sound racists; it fucks me off that does.

JohnnySex

Dec 31, 2009
Well I'm a white guy so no but I often get searched by cops because I have long hair (I'm a guy) and I like to wear metal band t-shirts, camo pants, etc. And I don't even break the law... at least, not when they decide to question me haha.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
SmartIdiot said:
Ok. I am sick to my stomach of this shit. Well and truly. I have just finished being questioned by the police over a racial incident. Yep, nice to see they're actually doing some work but for fucks sake this has been going on forever.

Let me fill you in.

I am from Kent in southeast England. I am a southerner and I'm not afraid of where I come from. I've been living on Skye, a god-forsaken hellhole of an island located just off the west coast of Scotland for about 10 years now. The problem with isolated places like this is that the local nazis don't take kindly to so-called 'incomers' like myself and, supposedly, my best friend (who's mother is from Yorkshire, England). Tonight we had some abuse from an ignorant jackass. Fine, new years day, I didn't lash out, I just told him to fuck off, we're meant to be enjoying ourselves in the optimistic spirit of 2010 being a better year than 2009.

Anyway, I shouldn't be, but I am, used to the kind of abuse you get for being English in a place like this. Usually I get decked for standing up for myself. However this time some bright spark decided to get the police involved. So I've just spent the last half hour being questioned on the incident. A total waste of my time. I'm rather angry, already smashed my phone. However, before breaking anything else I'm curious, what do you think Escapists? Have you ever been in a situation like this before? Or are you in situations like this all the time like myself?(only this time someone decides to get the police involved). What are your thoughts? Why are some Scots still so completely anal about something that happened 700 years ago that had fuck all to do with them and still insist on bitching about 'English incomers' even though they're too pissed to know what they're talking about?
People in those areas hate Scots from the rest of the country too. Believe me it isn't about being English, its about not being one of their tight knit groups.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
I would move. Seriously

OT: No.
We aren't very racist over here in Sweden
i thought sweden had a lot of hate and racil crime compared to a lot of countries especially towards finland and muslims?

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
knight of zendikar said:
Tranka Verrane said:
nebtheslayer95 said:
coming from a ginger in america, i know what youre talking about. just let it go, be the bigger person. or hell, just move away.
Wait, what? I thought the Americans had a thing for redheads?
No typicaly theres a strange bias towards gingers. dont no why there just is? fuck if i know.
I have a theory: Because the redheads tend to be smarter than everyone, and thus, must be abused to suppress any and all intelligence they could have.
OT: I like Scotts over English, since the English tend to be more rude. But, there are those that aren't.
That's not really the case. It has more to do with a dislike for the color because of certain cultural beliefs that, while we've mostly grown out of, still linger.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
The day people start to use the term 'racist' in the correct context, then I'll make my opinion on this noted.

Move, all I can tell you, move back to Kent... where I am, and I can throw things at you without any 'racist' *cough* excuse me, NATIONALIST tendencies.

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
Kortney said:
Have I ever been in a situation where I have been put down for my nationality? Yes. Heaps of times. I was born and raised in Zimbabwe (I now live in the States) and many of the cool girls at school like to remind everyone that I am a "feral, stupid, disgusting African" before people start to like me.

I've never been assaulted for it like you though. My advice would not to get too drawn into it. Be proud of being English, and hold your head up high.
Wow, they actually said that, that sucks :(. People can be so cruel now-a-days.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
Kortney said:
grimsprice said:
Wait... they use the word feral?

Oh yes, they say feral all the time. It's always feral, stupid, disgusting, (insert swear words), African. To be fair, it's only a small group of girls who do this. Everyone else has been very kind.
Man, tough break. I think there's always a group of dumb ass girls like that, but in my experience eventually everyone realizes that they're not worth talking to (for me it was when they all started getting pregnant)