Seriously, we're barely a day into the new year and I'm already getting questioned by the police

Rot Krieg

Feb 6, 2008
Hell, that's hardly a Scottish thing. I moved from Minnesota to Louisiana when I was in middle school and I was referred to as 'Yankee'. It was not a term of endearment.

Ignorance is a very human trait, as is projecting your anger and frustration onto people who don't deserve it. People the world over are like that.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
LostProxy said:
Jaranja said:
That's absolutely outrageous.

I was arrested, charged with assault. Here's what happened:

Normal day at school, talking with the lads, just generally larking around. I knocked into a girl in the year below and, being the gentleman that I am, immediately apologized. She slapped me around the face and I took it and went back to my friends.

Later, I was walking home from school and she was coming up behind me. I started walking a bit faster because I'm not getting involved in that kind of that thing! She started running and pushed me forward. I turned around to face her and asked her what she wanted. She slapped me once more, shouting profanities. I pushed her back and she fell to the floor. I then walked off and got my bus home.

The next morning I'm rudely awakened by the police. I'm taken down to the police station for 5 hours! A day wasted for not letting some ***** push me around!
Wait so she started it and you got charged? Wtf?
Either way, she got hurt :D

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
SmartIdiot said:
Ok. I am sick to my stomach of this shit. Well and truly. I have just finished being questioned by the police over a racial incident. Yep, nice to see they're actually doing some work but for fucks sake this has been going on forever.

Let me fill you in.

I am from Kent in southeast England. I am a southerner and I'm not afraid of where I come from. I've been living on Skye, a god-forsaken hellhole of an island located just off the west coast of Scotland for about 10 years now. The problem with isolated places like this is that the local nazis don't take kindly to so-called 'incomers' like myself and, supposedly, my best friend (who's mother is from Yorkshire, England). Tonight we had some abuse from an ignorant jackass. Fine, new years day, I didn't lash out, I just told him to fuck off, we're meant to be enjoying ourselves in the optimistic spirit of 2010 being a better year than 2009.

Anyway, I shouldn't be, but I am, used to the kind of abuse you get for being English in a place like this. Usually I get decked for standing up for myself. However this time some bright spark decided to get the police involved. So I've just spent the last half hour being questioned on the incident. A total waste of my time. I'm rather angry, already smashed my phone. However, before breaking anything else I'm curious, what do you think Escapists? Have you ever been in a situation like this before? Or are you in situations like this all the time like myself?(only this time someone decides to get the police involved). What are your thoughts? Why are some Scots still so completely anal about something that happened 700 years ago that had fuck all to do with them and still insist on bitching about 'English incomers' even though they're too pissed to know what they're talking about?
Wow, nice rant thread. You speak of racial incidents then go and call us Scottish people a bunch of pissed-up whiners. I'm really trying to suppress the rage right now.

Anyway, deep breaths.

You're generalising a whole people based on the off-coast islands (Which you can relate to in terms of racial awareness as a bit like middle England). I'd just like it if you'd not get so ragey at everyone in Scotland who you consider "too pissed to know what they're talking about". That's exactly why people in Scotland dislike the English, you're always stereotyping us.

Please just cool it off. If you've done nothing there's nothing to worry about.
So you think it's racist that saying:

Why are some Scots still so completely anal about something that happened 700 years ago that had fuck all to do with them and still insist on bitching about 'English incomers' even though they're too pissed to know what they're talking about?
when referring to an incident where some drunk Scots got anal about something that happened 700 years ago that had fuck all to do with them, and were too pissed to know what they were talking about?

Because from what it sounds like, he was describing his feelings quite well.

That's exactly why people in Scotland dislike the English, you're always stereotyping us.
This is deliciously idiotic.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Funnily enough, as an Irishman in England I get almost no trouble. In fact, I've been told that the accent is attractive. On the flipside, going home my grandparents will comment that I sound like "Some scummy little Englishman".

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I've had people randomly saying i was being racist to this lad who was, ahem, black. I have nothing against any other race (besides one but that is due to a personal incident) and certainly would never discriminate anyone for it but these kids spread it around that i was being mean. I had several threatening to kick my head in for it and the rest ignoring me.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
This happened to a friend of mine from uni named Boyd. We both live in Australia and I guess the police here are pretty lazy. You see, some guy held up a store on a Friday night and the police didn't really feel like investigating very thoroughly. What happened is, they saw Boyd walk past the store while they were inside and then, since it was Friday night and wanted to quickly grab someone and go home, arrested him on suspicion and interrogated him.

All because Boyd has a beard and was walking by.

It's insanity and it made Boyd loose all hope in the police force.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
Personally I can't hate anyone. I love everyone from everywhere and can't bring myself to hate them. Anyway, be proud of being English hold your heAd up high. But if the shit really hits the fan know where you can go

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
corroded said:
But it doesn't happen the other way around, yet by popular international assumption it's the English that are the racists.
We're not racist, we hate everyone, including most of the English.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
If you've ever been to Ireland, you'll notice there's a LOT of other races around.
So no, I don't get this. Ever.
Are you kidding?
I got beaten up in school for being english. I still have the scars.
Every non-white person I know can't walk down the street without being accosted by some bright spark with a chip on their shoulder.
Refugees are treated like second-class citizens, forced to stay in reception centres that are run like prisons and ignored or bullied into submission whenever they try to speak up about it.

Or maybe that's just Cork.
I have heard it is kind of a shithole.
I live in Cork and haven't seen any of that going on. Or maybe I just haven't noticed it...
Either way, I didn't think it was at the extreme that you're claiming it is.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
SmartIdiot said:
Ok. I am sick to my stomach of this shit. Well and truly. I have just finished being questioned by the police over a racial incident. Yep, nice to see they're actually doing some work but for fucks sake this has been going on forever.

Let me fill you in.

I am from Kent in southeast England. I am a southerner and I'm not afraid of where I come from. I've been living on Skye, a god-forsaken hellhole of an island located just off the west coast of Scotland for about 10 years now. The problem with isolated places like this is that the local nazis don't take kindly to so-called 'incomers' like myself and, supposedly, my best friend (who's mother is from Yorkshire, England). Tonight we had some abuse from an ignorant jackass. Fine, new years day, I didn't lash out, I just told him to fuck off, we're meant to be enjoying ourselves in the optimistic spirit of 2010 being a better year than 2009.

Anyway, I shouldn't be, but I am, used to the kind of abuse you get for being English in a place like this. Usually I get decked for standing up for myself. However this time some bright spark decided to get the police involved. So I've just spent the last half hour being questioned on the incident. A total waste of my time. I'm rather angry, already smashed my phone. However, before breaking anything else I'm curious, what do you think Escapists? Have you ever been in a situation like this before? Or are you in situations like this all the time like myself?(only this time someone decides to get the police involved). What are your thoughts? Why are some Scots still so completely anal about something that happened 700 years ago that had fuck all to do with them and still insist on bitching about 'English incomers' even though they're too pissed to know what they're talking about?
So are you saying that they're treating you differently because you're English or are you also non-white?

There are a few options open to you. Firstly you should write to your Member of Parliament and detail what has happened. If you feel the police have been treating you negatively because you are English then you should write a letter to the Chief Constable of you local division.

There is little you can do about people's behaviour towards you other than to report each incident to the police and catalog it at home for yourself. Make sure you get details of each report. If the police do not investigate these issues or forward them to the CPS then you can contact the IPCC and make a formal complaint.

Sebdeas

Mar 18, 2009
Thank god I am of superior Aryan stock. *cough*
Though some have the habit of calling me a cheesehead. Bastards

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
If you've ever been to Ireland, you'll notice there's a LOT of other races around.
Are you kidding?
Every non-white person I know can't walk down the street without being accosted by some bright spark with a chip on their shoulder.
Refugees are treated like second-class citizens, forced to stay in reception centres that are run like prisons and ignored or bullied into submission whenever they try to speak up about it.

I live in Cork and haven't seen any of that going on. Or maybe I just haven't noticed it...
Well, the bit about non-white guys getting approached by idiots doesn't happen every time they leave the house, so I suppose that is exaggerated. S'more like every other day.
Everything else, though, is completely without embellishment.

And not many people do notice, to be honest. My mother lived in Ireland her entire childhood and teenaged life, and it wasn't until she moved back from England a decade ago that she began to see the racism everywhere.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Are you kidding?

Well, the bit about non-white guys getting approached by idiots doesn't happen every time they leave the house, so I suppose that is exaggerated. S'more like every other day.

And not many people do notice, to be honest. My mother lived in Ireland her entire childhood and teenaged life, and it wasn't until she moved back from England a decade ago that she began to see the racism everywhere.
Hmm, that's interesting. Do you live in the City?
I'm not trying to stalk you, I just want to see if there's a big difference between the city and the countryside.
[sub]Really, I swear. :D[/sub]

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Come back to Kent, the police are far too white middle class and will only pick on you if your an immigrant or poor.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
I would move. Seriously

OT: No.
We aren't very racist over here in Sweden
We aren't?

I could have sworn that I had seen some off us doing questionable stuff..

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Are you kidding?

I'm not trying to stalk you, I just want to see if there's a big difference between the city and the countryside.
... Well, okay then. But I've got my eyes on you.
[small](If you could just take them off and hand them to me that would be pretty sweet)[/small]

But yeah, my friends and the reception centre are both based in the city, but I'm out by Bantry, on the other side of the county.
Personally, I'd say the racism is worse in the countryside, but there is a higher likelihood that someone will do something extreme in the city.
What with the larger concentration of idiots and all.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
that metod works practically all the time in any situation
me i normally go with if tjhey really annoy me i hit them with the heviest thing i currretly have and this is often a tuba case with tuba inside

edit: also if this is happening a lot already its going to get worse especialy in europe cause we have the BNP struggling forv power (thewy basically want a fully white eglish europe and to misstreat or get rid of anyone who isnt white english out of europe so if you scottish or irish youi can be either treated as second class be segregated or kiked out where you live totally)so my town (corby would be mostly treated as swecond class people cause their idea of english is 3 lineages of english people so if yours is scottish ,english,english they would class you as scottish not english which means practiacally everyone in my family is screwed

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
DuplicateValue said:
Are you kidding?

... Well, okay then. But I've got my eyes on you.
[small](If you could just take them off and hand them to me that would be pretty sweet)[/small]

But yeah, my friends and the reception centre are both based in the city, but I'm out by Bantry, on the other side of the county.
Personally, I'd say the racism is worse in the countryside, but there is a higher likelihood that someone will do something extreme in the city.
What with the larger concentration of idiots and all.
[sub]No, they're my battle prizes. :p[/sub]

Makes sense, there are a lot of weirdos in the city. Some guy randomly screamed in my face as I was walking to the train station one time. He then walked away as if nothing unusual had happened. He was like 40 and had a large beard that made him look like a biker. It was scary. :/

And yeah, people do tend to be more closed-minded in isolated communities around the countryside. I can get quite eerie on occasions - especially when everyone on the street stops what they're doing to watch you pass. :D