Sexual Predators (mature topic)

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
Hire a registered sex offender -

Good bye customers and/or profit.

It's a business decision, not a personal one.

Reaver3

Jan 9, 2011
after typing a 5 minute rant I figure I would delete it and say this:

MOST child predators strike again, and if children were in the store, it would be too much of a temptation for this guy and a liability for me as the shop owner/employer. I do not believe child sex offenders should be with the general population

clockout

Jun 7, 2010
I read the title of this topic, and then thought about Predators(the kind the fight schwarzeneggers) going around sexualy harrassing people.

Mrkittycat

Dec 2, 2009
I think almost everyone deserves a second chance, so I'd hire him, but if he did ANYTHING illegal, he'd be out the door.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Yes.
He's served his sentence.
I have no qualms about making use of potential.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
....so I can't ask him ANY questions or do a standard background check? Fine then, my answer is "No", as anyone who, apparently, won't let me do those things clearly has something to hide, and I don't want any of that possibly linking to me. That, and that could potentially be a pretty big black mark on my store.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Yeah, sure, why not? Doesn't matter to me what your past is. Or your present. Or your future. If you work hard, then you can work here.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Nope, not worth the liability. Frankly I wouldn't want him in my place of business as a customer either, and I will choose to exercise my "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I'd have to mull it over but I think I'd eventually hire him. He wouldn't be engaging with kids often if ever at a tech store, and I don't know any of the details about his past.

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
Given his prior conviction, and the fact that most people in the neighbourhood are aware of said conviction, I don't hire him. I may not be sure of his guilt, but my customers are probably more prone to mistrust than me. It would be bad business to hire him.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
This is to be frank a really impossible scenario that you have presented here. I can honestly say that I would not hire anyone, if I was unable to question them about there past regardless of whither they are a convict or not.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Why the fuck not? As much as I despise the idea of child sexual assault, another life does not have to be needlessly ruined so everyone else can have an arbitrary "moral high ground". It's pathetic. I would keep watch on him however, and if he's a repeat offender, I may reconsider

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Gxas said:
Having an innate distrust of every single human being on this planet, I hire him. If he is that valuable of an employee, his past doesn't really matter to me.

However, at first sign of that past coming back and making itself shown in a negative way, he will be let go.
Basically what this guy said. I'd definitely hire him, but on a one-strike basis. The instant there's a sign he might try something again, he'd be fired.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
this isnt my name said:
No. There are these things in life called consequences. He must live with them. Besides imagine what the people would be like "dont shop at that store, he hires pedophiles" so fuck no, no sympathy.
When the consequence is no money, no food, no home, etc., it's very hard to live in general

shadowseal22

Oct 3, 2010
Nope, no matter how good Joe is at his job, hiring him is now worth risking your whole enterprise just to give a guy a second chance. Word about that kind of stuff travels, and it goes fast, Joe would be to much of a risk to take for one employee.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'd hire him, but he'd be on an insanely short leash, he even goes near a child and he's sacked, I'd make that perfectly clear for him too.
He may be a decent man and he may even be wrongly convicted but I have to look out for my buisness and its reputation, and hiring a convicted sexual predator is already bad publicity, especially if people start talking as they often do.

I won't completely turn my nose up at him though, his skill would go to waste if I never even gave him a chance.