Sexual Predators (mature topic)

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I do a criminal check on him, see exactly what happened from the cops themselves, and then I talk with him and have an interview or two and see if I can get an idea of what kind of guy he is. If it was like a 15 year old girl and nothing happened, maybe he approached her and that's it, and he says he's repentant of what he did and he seems sincere, then I would hire him. Everyone deserves a second chance. Now, if he's done terrible things with many young girls, we're talking even girls as low as age 6, then no, even if he's sorry for it. It seems to be a minor charge because he got out fairly fast.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Well, since I'd have to hire on the spot, I'd say no. I'd want to look into the crime more, his conviction, how long he served, decide for myself whether he was guilty. And of course, if kids were frequent visitors to my store I wouldn't hire him.
Unless I decided he actually wasn't guilty, which I think is unlikely, I wouldn't hire him.

Freeze_L

Feb 17, 2010
I think the answer i should give is "Well if hes done his time then why not?" but it is a complicated situation. I could not hire, in good conscience, him with out asking him if he regretted it and if he was remorseful and i did not trust him i don't think i could hire him and be ok with myself. Trust would be the issue, and well i don't think i could find it in me to forgive someone who did something like that, but the severity of it comes into play as well. An 18 year old who got sentenced as a child molester for having consensual sex with his 17 year old girlfriend (happened to someone i knew) is a completely different case than a child rapist. I could not forgive a child rapist or be in their presence, simply could not i know it is not ideal right but it's true. That crime is... evil... rape is just terrible on its own but stealing the innocence of a child is just wrong. the word i am looking for is evil, but more so than that it is just terrible. I don't know if a person who could do something like that would have any good left inside them. I cant really find any words to quantify my disgust at that act and those who would do it.

My answer: If i could not ask questions, on the spot, and all i knew was he molested a child, then no never.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Bah, I don't need a tech guy, I am a...
oh wait...

For the purposes of this exercise, yes. I'd hire him. He's done his time and he legally deserves a second chance. Any crimes he has or has not committed are between him and the authorities.
Plus, I don't live in a particularly fundamentalist-infested area. I doubt my business would suffer.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
I'm sorry but I can't answer this question until you tell me this, was he unequivocally convicted of sexually assaulting a child?

If there was doubt throughout the case or maybe the verdict happened after a lot of shaky evidence was brought in, then fuck the police I hire him.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
In the immortal words of John Henry Eden - 'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
Gxas said:
Having an innate distrust of every single human being on this planet, I hire him. If he is that valuable of an employee, his past doesn't really matter to me.

However, at first sign of that past coming back and making itself shown in a negative way, he will be let go.
Having that innate sense of trust only works if you are willing to drop someone like a stone if they fuck you over. Seems to work for me.

I'd more than likely hire him yes.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I would, on the spot, however I would have to have him go to some kind of help group, so he can properly control those urges.
All people deserve a second chance, as long as they are in fact good people, be them a druggie, pedophile, or politician.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Reaver3 said:
MOST child predators strike again, and if children were in the store, it would be too much of a temptation for this guy and a liability for me as the shop owner/employer.
Ignoring the fact the whole point of this topic is that you don't even know what he actually did, so it could well be he had consensual sex with a 17 year old and the whole thing got blown out of proportion. (And no, it's not true that if it was the case he would tell you. His ability to explain the situation is being arbitrarily held back by the hypothetical situation remember.)

And so, ignoring that and just assuming he is what you automatically assume when you hear the words "Child predator", what do you expect him to do? Just randomly jump a child who walks into the store with their parents in board daylight?

Yes, he'd be a liability to the shop because of the way people would talk, but not because "the temptation would be too much for him".

I do not believe child sex offenders should be with the general population
But you're fine with people who only rape adults?

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
I'd make it clear I utterly despise him, but yes, I would hire him. Every hour he is working where I can watch him like a hawk--in a place with security cameras--is an hour he is not at large looking for children to rape.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Sindaine said:
I'd make it clear I utterly despise him, but yes, I would hire him. Every hour he is working where I can watch him like a hawk--in a place with security cameras--is an hour he is not at large looking for children to rape.
Yes, because that's what all people who have ever been convicted of child sexual abuse always do all the time.
They're either working in a job or stalking the streets looking for YOUR children!!!!!

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
I doubt it. Assuming all things are going well for my business, I wouldn't hire him out of the kindness of my heart. Aside from that, people do talk and if everyone in the area knows about him and what he's done, it could and probably would take away from business.

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
Yes, because that's what all people who have ever been convicted of child sexual abuse always do all the time.
They're either working in a job or stalking the streets looking for YOUR children!!!!!
Child sexual abuse has the single highest recidivism rate (likelyhood that the offender will re-offend) of any crime. So yes, pretty much. If my hiring him can prevent the rape of even one child, I have done a good thing.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Sindaine said:
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
Child sexual abuse has the single highest recidivism rate (likelyhood that the offender will re-offend) of any crime. So yes, pretty much. If my hiring him can prevent the rape of even one child, I have done a good thing.
And what if your hiring of him causes the rape of child?
He might well use the money from your job to become a sex tourist and rape children in third world countries. Or perhaps on changeable plates for his car so he can kidnap children easily. Or any number of possibilities.

None of those things are particularly likely, but neither is the idea that he would use those hours stalking the streets if you didn't hire him. As sexual predators simply don't operate like that, certainly not the ones as described by the first post.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Sure i would hire him.
Though I would do more thorough background check first. However yeah sure, why not.
I have already worked with ex-cons, some who's crimes were not in question and were rather worse than child sexual assault.

JSkunk22

May 20, 2009
Yes, don't hire him to further showcase the support that prisons do not rehabilitate anyone, but instead are just timed, revolving doors.

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
And what if your hiring of him causes the rape of child?
He might well use the money from your job to become a sex tourist and rape children in third world countries. Or perhaps on changeable plates for his car so he can kidnap children easily. Or any number of possibilities.

None of those things are particularly likely, but neither is the idea that he would use those hours stalking the streets if you didn't hire him. As sexual predators simply don't operate like that, certainly not the ones as described by the first post.
They wouldn't call them 'predators' if they didn't. I've been a victim of one of these monsters myself and I will do anything and everything in my power to prevent other children going through that.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I hire him. Who cares if he really is a sick demented pervert deep down, I don't know exactly what he did. For all I know he just slept with a 17 year old who said she was 18 or something like that. Not to mention I couldn't afford not to hire him with his expertise. If it turns out that he's a monster, then I fire him, or calls the cops. Simple as that.