Shadows of the Universe (Sci-fi Action RP)(Started)(Closed)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Jason was almost finished with his work when fatigue started to set in, after the battle he had been working most of the day and was physically exhausted. Jason looked back and saw the Mitchell and Webb seemed tired as well and he decided now was the time to turn in. "Captain Kahlil, There is an emergency." Lieutenant Sanders' voice called out over the radio just as Jason was standing up. "[sub]Damn.[/sub]" Jason said under his breath as he sat back down in his chair. "What's the Situation Lieutenant Sanders?" Jason asked dimly over the radio. "Sir the crew has found a stow away in the cargo bay. It is discovered he is a member of WINGS and is considered too dangerous for the crew to subdue him. They locked him in the cargo bay but they require your assistance." Sanders replied over the radio.

"Roger that, I'm heading there now." Jason said getting up from his chair. "Come on you two, we have a situation to handle. I don't want you two getting into combat with him, he'd probably destroy you." Jason exclaimed to Mitchell and Webb as he started to walk down to the Cargo Bay. The closer Jason got to the Cargo Bay the more noise he heard from the crew, they were screaming at each other trying to figure out what to do with the stow away. "I didn't know we had such a sissy crew, right dave?" Webb stated out of nowhere. "Yeah Webb, You'd think they wouldn't be afraid of one guy." Mitchell answered before Jason gave them both an evil look telling them to be quiet.

"Hey, I'm Captain Kahlil. What is going on?" Jason asked as he walked up to the crew members that were standing outside the door to the cargo bay. "Sir! We had discovered a stow away and when we went to confront him we discovered he was a member of WINGS. Knowing we couldn't handle him we just locked him in there and waited for one of you guys to take care of him." One of the crew members responded. "Fine then, Webb Mitchell your coming with me. I want you two to stand guard at the door and make sure he doesn't escape." Jason ordered as he opened the door and walked into the cargo bay.

Jason took a look around the Cargo bay and noticed a man sitting on some of the boxes. Jason started to walk towards the strange man until the man glanced over at him. "I am the Captain of this ship! My name is Jason Kahlil! What are you doing on this ship stowaway?" Jason asked to the strange man unfazed by the danger he knew this man posed.

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Jobe regarded the new comers. The man who'd spoken was the leader then. He wasn't afraid of him like the other crew members, and the logo on his armour told Jobe the man was from the WINGS program. He'd evidently come straight here, and judgeing by the lack of weaponry he was confident in being able to subdue opponents un-armed. Interesting. He'd have to find out if the captain's confidence was well placed eventually, but for now, he'd have to play nice. He doubted the authorities back on the planet would be pleased to see him again after the little...misunderstanding.
Jobe dropped from the crates and strode to within two meters of the man. He paused, then slowly extended a hand. When Kahlil's failed to rise, he let it drop.
"Nice to meet you Kahil. You can call me stowaway if you want, but the name's Jobe Gaulgrim. You're the head of WINGS right? I probably owe you an apology for turning up like this, I was on my way to the briefing when an old friend of mine turned up. I thought that, as I was probably never going to see him again it would be nice if we parted on equal terms. Our "farewells" were a bit...messier than neccassary, but it was his call. Anyhow, some military police came calling and I had to make myself scarce. So here I am" he paused, grinned and added with a low, sweeping bow "at your service, sir."

staika

Aug 3, 2009
"I am not the head of WINGS, but I am the Head of the WINGS squad that is in control of this mission. I see your a member of WINGS as well, I don't know what your doing on this ship and I don't care. If you want to live your going to have to be apart of this squad." Jason replied giving the Jobe an evil look. "I will get a room prepared for you, and make sure not to get into a big conversation with the crew outside the door. They see you as a monster of sorts." Jason added. "Oh yes, if you betray me at any point in time your death will be very slow and painful." Jason added while he was walking away turning back to give Jobe a scary glare. "For now follow me." Jason said as started to walk out of the Cargo Bay.

Jason then went to the brdige and sat in his chair. "Lieutenant Sanders, Can you get a room set up for our little stow away?" Jason asked into his chair's radio. "Right away Captain Kahlil. It seems there aren't any rooms left but I can give him your room and then move you to General Kim's room. Is that fine sir?" Sanders responded over the radio. "That's fine, just make it so Sergeant Gaulgrim's name is on the door to his room and my name is on the door to my new room." Jason replied. "Right away sir." Sanders responded.

"Well Sergeant Gaulgrim your room is down the corridor that say's WINGS. Your name will be on the door to your new room. We land on the planet tomorrow so get some shut eye I will give a briefing tomorrow." Jason said as he opened up a little folder and wrote down Jobe's name on his list of squad members.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
JARMEN KELL
Oh damn, it?s that creepy sarcastic bastard again. And he?s been beating on McMillan. It might be fun to see him get his ass handed to him by Maggie, though. Especially if he?s expecting some wimp like McMillan.
?Yeah, sure. Why not. I remember you saying you wanted to back in the hangar right? If you see her tell her I said it?s alright and she should try her best.?
James nodded his head approvingly and Kell left.
Now to get to that bar?

MARGARET HUNTER
Hunter walked through the halls of the ship. She?d seen Kell walking down the corridor and was eager to meet him. They could spar and perhaps he could tell her what he?d learned about the others. She jogged past a window looking over a hangar. As she went past she saw several mechanics attached to the side of a large shuttle doing maintenance checks.
Like fleas on a dog
She was especially eager to get out of the room since the last few days with saryll had been?awkward. She?d tried to act friendly but whenever she spoke it came out sounding forced and awkward. She stepped out into the cityscape, ignoring the wonder around her. She continued jogging down the main street, passing by what appeared to be a small park. She couldn?t see Kell but she did see James rapidly throwing McMillan to the ground for what must have been the thirtieth time that day. James saw her and called out.

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
"What, no guided tour? Your dulcet tones would be most tranquil sir!" he chuckled, saluted smartly, then began walking away. Jobe stopped suddenly "While I think of it, I had a bag of personal items, clothes, souvenirs, knuckledusters, the usual. I assume you've put them in my room too? I'll stop off at the armoury to grab some firepower on the way shall I?"

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
James waved over to Hunter "Hey! Feel like a friendly spar Miss?" James jogged over

Hunter looked at the sarcastic Sgt running towards her "No."

James frowned "Really? Sgt. Kell said you'd probably agree, and to try your best on me."

Hunter slightly raised her eyebrow "...Alright, Cargo bay? Five minutes?"

James nodded, and waved as he slowed and let her pass him while he diverted to his quarters to change

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Twenty minutes later Hunter and James were pacing around each other, moving in a slow circle. They were both standing in the stance taught to all WINGS recruits. James was smirking at her.
He probably thinks all the recruits are as weak as McMillan. Well, I can use that to my advantage?it?s risky though. I might only have one chance. He?s bigger than me, stronger, more experienced and he has better reach. I know I?m faster though? and Mr. Kell?s teachings definitely will help.
She let her stance slip a bit, becoming almost identical to the nervous, poorly prepared one McMillan habitually took. Jame?s eyes glinted as he saw weakness and took the bait. He lunged forward, one hand moving to strike her and the other preparing to follow up with a throw.
She waited until the last minute to swing rapidly out of the way, ending up behind him.
Get ahold of your opponent she thought, remembering Mr. Kell?s most basic principles.
With one rapid movement she grabbed his right arm and yanked it behind him.
Get your opponent to the ground where he?s most vulnerable. Don?t be afraid to kick the bastard when he?s down
James was starting to turn towards her. She rammed an elbow into the square of his back and then slammed her foot into the back of his knee, bringing him down to one knee. She finished by shoving his face forward into the steel of the cargo bay floor.
Make sure to cripple him so he won?t get back up and just keep fighting At this point she?d forgotten all about this being a sparring match, eager to prove herself better than her opponent.
She pulled his arm further behind his back and knelt quickly, jabbing her knee into his back. With a wrenching, twisting motion she jerked Jame?s arm upwards and to the side, dislocating his shoulder with a nauseating pop. James grunted heavily and shoved her off, getting up and trying to retake his stance, ignoring his arms lack of reaction.
Grinning slightly and with face flushed she got back up. She remembered herself and her face returned to it?s usual blank expression. James began pacing towards her slowly, hurt but this time far more cautious and eager to continue the fight.
She realized that if she kept fighting there were really only two options. James getting the upper hand due to his new view of her or Hunter accidentally hurting him further. Neither was an appealing prospect, either her getting beaten to a pulp or getting disciplined for hurting a superior officer.
?Sir?I thinkyou should stop. Your arm?s hurt and you shouldsee Sergeant Lier.?

staika

Aug 3, 2009
"No Sergeant Gaulgrim there is no guided tour." Jason responded seriously. "As for your belongings they should have been taken to your room. You may also stop by the armory if you like but we are going to go to the armory before we go planet side if you want to wait." Jason answered the rest of the questions. "I'll be in my room if you have any questions." Jason stated as he got up and started to walk to his new room.

When Jason got to his new room he noticed that it had his name on the door and the room was much larger than what was given to him before. "Okay you two, you guys are going to sleep on the floor." Jason said to Mitchell and Webb as he went to his bed. "But sir, how are we supposed to sleep on the floor?" Webb asked as the two looked at the floor. "I don't know figure it out." Jason responded as he climbed into his bed. The two recruits looked at each other and then laied on the floor and tried to fall asleep.

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
James seemed to run at her before suddenly sweeping with his legs, and using his working arm to flat-palm strike her centerline to knock her over, then he back us panting and leaning against a crate, holding his shoulder and panting slightly "You're far better than I thought, I'd have been in bad trouble if you had actually been an enemy." James held out a hand to help her up "You deserved the win." James had a friendly smile on his face, even though it was pretty obvious his shoulder hurts

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Hunter hit the ground bodily, letting out a soft gasp of pain as she did so.
Dammit. I saw it coming and let it happen for the most part but I wasn?t really expecting it to hurt this much
He offered a hand to help her up and she took it. For a split second she considered two other options, the first being to use his grip to swing him to the ground and continue the fight, the other being to grab his limp arm as she rose, simply to spite him with the pain it would cause. She decided against both, letting him drag her to her feet. The fight was over, he?d seen the light of her talents and that was all that mattered.

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
"I'd like to ask something of you. A favor, really.. I'd like you to train McMillan in CQC. I tend to throw him around, and it just angers him, maybe with you he'll be less reckless and probably better at learning if you're the one teaching, maybe, just maybe, his aggression won't cloud his mind as much." James seemed honest by the request as he motioned for her to lead out of the bay

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Jobe reached his room quickly, really not caring to meet his fellow team mates. After hours inside a pitch-black cargo crate, he just wanted to go to bed. As he entered his room he began unpacking and reviewing the day's events. He'd beaten a superior into a pile of jelly, been chased off the planet by military police, hidden in a box on a moving space-ship and seriously annoyed his new captain. Day one of many. It made Jobe grin just thinking about it.
Jobe pulled the bladed knuckle dusters out of his bag and rolled them around his hands. He believed that when you killed enough people with a weapon, it developed a sentience of its own. And jobe had used these things on lots of people. Laying the vicious instruments on the bedside table, he collapsed into bed fully clothed and produced a copy of Ovid's "Metamorphoses" from his bag. He stretched, relaxed and began to read the night away.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rick had heard the ruckus, the aftermath, and so on. He wondered what the new recruit that the Captain had mentioned earlier was like. Apparently, he was already in his room. Curious, Rick went to the man's room and knocked on the door. He chose an odd ship to stow away on, thought Rick.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Damien sighed and sat down as he finished the final surgery for the night. So many accidents, from falling into a turbine, to getting an arm stuck in a conveyor belt, happened that it was simply ridiculous. "God help us all if this ship ever is attacked." Damien shook his head. He had stayed up ever since he had left his room for the medical ward, staying awake only through the careful manipulation of adrenaline through his system and the mauling of his circadian rhythm. He looked up and noticed a bottle of water offered to him. Damien took it gratefully, only after seeming who offered it to him. "Oh, Carver! Thank you. Why did you come here?" Carver stuttered out his answer as best he could. "W-well, t-the other F-FEATHERS all g-got a WINGS soldier t-to help t-train them, a-and I-I-I thought I s-should go w-with you. I-Is that okay?" Damien stared curiously at Carver. His stutter seemed worse than normal. "Say, Carver... Would you mind turning around for a minute? I just want to see something." Carver agreed, and then immediately spun back around as he saw the bloody mess that Damien had to deal with for the past few hours. "You're afraid of blood, and you want to become a medic's protégé?" Carver nodded rapidly, preferring not to speak lest his stutter convince Damien to reject him. Damien shook his head. "Fine. Follow me. By the way, why do you want to become a medic?" Damien called over his shoulder as the pair began to walk. "I-I'm a bit o-of a coward, a-and I d-don't like blood, b-but I-I-I can't b-bear t-to think that I-I could have d-done something i-if my squad mate e-ends up lying on the ground d-dying, with me unable to do a damn thing about it!" Damien grinned as Carver dripped the stutter in his moment of emotion. "Aha, something to work with." He thought.

The two arrived in a barren training room. Damien suddenly spun around and faced Carver. "What is the purpose of CQC?" Carver quickly gave an answer. "O-obvious, right? I-it's t-to kill the e-enemy when a gun w-won't cut it." Damien shook his head. "Wrong." He kneed Carver in the gut, spun around and delivered a backhand to the head, then finished off by lashing out with a boot, causing Carver to stumble backwards. Damien then drew a pistol he had on his person at all times and leveled it at Carver's head. Carver whimpered as he stared at the barrel of the gun, and the gun stared back. "What you just described was worst case scenario. The primary purpose of close quarters combat is to get the opponent to back the fuck off into a more preferable range. Now, try it on me." Damien and Carver fought hand to hand for a bit, each attempting to throw the other away. Winner was declared by drawing and aiming a gun at the other. Although he tried for nearly three hours against the sleep-deprived supersoldier, Carver didn't win once. Damien finally called an end to the suffering. "Enough." He quickly checked Carver's condition, popping in his dislocated shoulder and his blown out knee. "Let's go for a walk." As Damien said this, he took a secondary pistol of his and lobbed it to Carver. Carver fumbled with it for a minute before catching the weapon. "W-what's t-this for?" He asked wearily. Damien beckoned and the two began to walk once more. 

"It's for training. I want you to disassemble and reassemble that gun while on the move. Continue doing it until you're sick of it, then do it while sprinting. If that doesn't give you steady hands, nothing will. Next is the assault rifle, then the shotgun, then the sniper rifle, and will go from there. Start!" Damien began to walk through the city as Carver fumbled with the weapon, trying to not lose any springs or slides as the bounce in his step caused the gun to jump before his eyes. As the duo were walking, Damien saw James sparring with another FEATHER, the one called 'Hunter.' Damien sauntered up to the group, immediately noticing from the odd bulge of muscle near the shoulder that James' shoulder had been dislocated. Damien called out to his fellow WINGS soldier. "Hey there, James. Would you care to go another round, or do you want me to pop in your shoulder first?" He chuckled, looking at Hunter with an appraising eye. "Hmm... Good muscle to fat ratio, solid lower body- important for all areas of combat... Automatic stance, which means that she's been trained. One more test..." Damien flicked his hand forward, as if he was about to throw a knife at her. He saw her eyes dart toward his sleeve, his hand, his shoulder, but her body did not react as she immediately perceived that there was no threat.  Damien grinned. "Ooohh, she has been trained well. Good reflexes, too." Damien looked at James. "Well, you must have gotten cocky if you let her do that to you, but I can see how. I'd have to face her myself to be sure, but she seems pretty good."

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Jobe's eyes snapped up at the knock on the door. He paused. Normally if someone disturbed his reading he'd put the knuckle dusters on and go "converse" with them. Fortunately, he'd just finished a page, so would have to pause anyway. Besides, he could use a few friends on this god-forsaken ship. Maybe this guy would make the cut. Jobe placed the bokk down slowly and slipped the 'dusters on a table near the door. Just in case.
Jobe opened the door and smiled, first impressions mattered. They were all most people who met Jobe normally got "Hello there" he said, straight into the man's chest. Jobe had to adjust his view twic before he found the man's eyes. He was huge! And judging by the muscle definitions, probably well versed in close combat, or at least the finer points of taking a pounding. A valuable ally. Jobe opened the door fully and extended a hand, trying to appear normal. Or at least less sinister "The name's Jobe"

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Hey, Jobe. I'm Rick." Rick shook the man's hand. "I hear you stowed away on this ship because of... unfortunate conditions. I won't ask." Rick released, and grinned. "Weren't expecting someone of my stature to show up at your door, now, were you? Anyhow, if we're going to be in the same squad, we may as well get to know each other's roles. I'm the meat shield. If you get yourself in serious trouble, my job is to get you out of it. If you expect me to be deft with guns, you'll be disappointed, the only thing I'm good with is rockets. I'm decent in melee combat, but again, I'm not very skilled at it. What I AM skilled at is taking more abuse than you could ever heal from without even blinking." Rick leaned against the doorframe. "Now, what are you going to be doing? I need to know when to step in."

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Camilla strode through the ship, with Jinxie's rapid gait barely matching her vast stride. They talked of pleasantries, of gossip among the Feathers and of which Wings' to be wary of, of tricks to avoid suffering in the line of duty or, more likely, the line of training. Camilla was starting to warm to her Feather; who seemed to neither inept nor physchotic, and so imediately proved better company than most of the Wings.

Jinxie too was pleased. Her mentor was disconcerting at first sight, but once one got over the sheer excess of woman, she was a friendly, well balanced person, albeit one with the effects of serious training. But however military she might be, she wasn't like some of the others; she had heard horror stories of abuse from the previous night, and she was thankful that she'd had a quiet, conversation filled evening that had ended with a restful sleep in a bed, without any violence or nasty tricks. A little quiet ad not much of a military initiation, she had thought, but apparently, she had had the best night of any of them

Ahead of them, Camilla spotted Rick's reassuring bulk leaning against a door frame, and talking to someone she didn't know. Beside her, Jinxie grimaced as she spotted Knobs, but they were far enough away for Camilla to mutter, "Just grin and bear it. It's not like he's a bad kid or anything. Anyhow, I'll make him keep his distance."

Advancing, she clapped Knobs on the back, sending him staggering, and greeted Rick with a punch on the shoulder. In deference to the new guy, she tried not to loom, and instead smiled and extended a hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Camilla, and I bet you can't guess what I'm good at"

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Jobe was impressed by this guy, and he seemed nice enough. Plus, if his job was to soke up fire, it'd be nice not to have to rely on his armour to keep him safe. Definitely on the "do not piss-off" list.
"I'm the close combat guy. I'm decent enough at range, but my weapon choices are assualt specific. Basically, once I get within say, five meters of the enemy, they start wishing they were elsewhere. I reckon you and I will be working pretty closely mate! And you'll probably know I'm in trouble when you notice a lack of bad-guys trying to run away." Before he could continue, another huge person strode up, shadowed by a smaller woman. Was this ship solely run by giants?? Still, Jobe had no reason to be unpleasant yet. Besides, two portable blast sheilds were better than one.
"Nice to meet you Camilla. Lets see, are you...squad medic? It certainly helps to have one's injuries nursed by beauties like yourself. The name's Jobe by the way, I'm the squad's punch-up guy." It'd been so long since he'd actually been able to talk to anyone without a "y" chromasome, Jobe couldn't resist flirting. He hoped he wouldn't get smashed through a wall as a result!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Oh, you flirter. Anyhow, it was good to be introduced, and I look forward to working with you, Jobe. Have a good day."

Rick started to walk away, escorting Knobs who was still staring balefully at Camilla. "How's work on that Flammenwerfer coming?" He wrinkled his nose as Knobs' scent was beginning to return. Must be something in that vest of his.

"I'll... show you..." Knobs looked a bit dazed as he returned with Rick to their cabin to show him the Flammenwerfer mods.