Shadows of the Universe (Sci-fi Action RP)(Started)(Closed)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
"Okay okay, well General Kim made it clear that he didn't like how the WINGS were going to come in and take over the ship. He said you guys were monsters and were hell bent on killing all of us." The soldier started talking quite fast. He was interrupted by the sound of the hanger doors opening.

Jason looked back and saw a Pegasus approaching the hanger. Jason got a chill after looking at the ship, something about that ship made Jason fearful. "No it couldn't be." Jason thought to himself hoping it wasn't who he thought it was. The Pegasus flew into the hangar and landed right next tp where they were standing.

"Stop right there Captain Kahlil." Dr. Thompson said as he walked out of the Pegasus. Jason froze where he stood as memories of his past filled his head again. While a normal person wouldn't be able to tell it, the rest of the WINGS could tell that Jason was visibly frightened of Dr. Thompson.

"The Pilot of your Pegasus called back and told us of this nasty happening. It's a shame really, General Kim was such a bright General but a little....... Misguided." Dr. Thompson began walking over to the capture soldier and looking over at what his soldiers did. "I shall take over the investigation now, you and your squad will stay here until I finish my investigation." Dr. Thompson said examining the squad to see how damaged they were.

"Recruits! Front and Center!" Dr. Thompson yelled as a group of ten WINGS recruits ran out of the Pegasus and into position. They referred to the WINGS recruits as FEATHERS because their logo is only a blade with a feather. "Where is Jarmen Kell?" Dr. Thompson questioned as he looked around and didn't see Sergeant Kell anywhere. "He's still in the Pegasus, SIR!" One of the recruits answered.

"Oh he is now. Sergeant Kell you stay here with the squad and make sure they don't make a run for it." Dr. Thompson Ordered, loud enough that anyone in the hangar could hear him. "Not that I expect them to run away." Dr. Thompson added under his breath giving Jason an evil look. "Recruits, round up the survivors and take them to the holding block." Dr. Thompson ordered as he started to leave the hangar. "Yes Sir!" Each Recruit answered as they went to go round up the bodies and the survivors.

Soon the Hangar was quiet as everyone except the WINGS squad was gone. Even though Dr. Thompson was gone Jason still couldn't get himself to stop shaking. Jason just sat there with a blank stare on his face as he tried to calm himself down.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rick stretched himself and glanced at the bullet hole in his armor. The bullet was still in it, but sticking out a full two inches. Rick popped it out. Small fibers of metal stretched across the hole as the armor fixed itself.

He walked over to Camilla. "You did good, Marden. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't like what was happening there."

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"Understood, sir." Jarmen said as he walked down the ramp from the Pegasus' hold carrying a large dufflebag nearly half his height. He paused and waited a few moments.
"RECRUITS! Disregard those orders. Dr. Thompson's an egghead, he doesn't know what's what. McMillan, Penlan, Drock and Carver you round up the survivors! Get the ones who're still walking to the brig and get medics for the other. Hall, Colon, Knobs and Hunter you start cleaning up the bodies. And Knobs, if I see you trying to steal jewelery or watches or anything I will put my foot so far up your ass you'll be coughing up my boot polish. Mitchell, you go secure the good general's quarters. We want it just as it was for whatever inevitable investigation makes it's way up here. Webb..." and here he spoke quietly to the recruit "Get up to hangar control and have them train whatever security weaponry they've got on our nice new squad here. If Doc Thompson thinks they might try to pull a runner I wanna make sure there'll be nothing left but chunky salsa if they try, alright. DISMISSED!"

He turned his back from the recruits and face the squad looking over each person. He paused briefly on Camilla, looking her up and down and then on Jason.

"Stop fucking shaking so much, boy. I know the Doc's a creepy bastard but he's mostly harmless. Now...care to tell me exactly what happened? 'Case all I got from your pilot was you yelling and then stabbing the good general."

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
lack you do realize I whispered that to the trooper. As in you couldn't hear it?

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Saryll caught herself before she let out a derisive snort at the soldier's report on the WINGS squad, but managed to turn it into a disgusted sniff, and stalked off a short way to observe the situation from afar. When Kell arrived and started giving orders, she allowed herself a small smile at his diminutive stature compared to the FEATHERS he commanded, the shortest among them looking around 5'9. When he asked for a sitrep, she stepped forward and cut in "You will use a tone of respect when addressing a senior officer, Sergeant Kell" she snapped, amused when his pupils contracted, indicating he was either confused, angered or thinking deeply about what she had just said "As for what happened, Captain Kahlil killed General Kim, and the ensuing firefight cost valuable lives. We have a mission to completer however, so if you'll allow us to continue with our appointed tasks, we can get on while your clean-up crew do their work. Her demeanour wasn't much removed from her normal manner, but Saryll had taken issue with the way he had looked at Camilla's impressive stature

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Jarmen grinned widely, showing tobacco stained teeth.
"Well Miss," he said the word like it was a slur "at the moment I'm acting as the good doctor's bodyguard. That puts me outside the normal chain of command so the only person I have to 'use a tone of respect' with is him."

He paused for a moment. How exactly had she known his rank? He wasn't wearing rank insignia. Well, almost all WINGS start out as sergeant, she was probably guessing. Regardless, he'd keep an eye on her.

"And anyway," he continued "Yeah, I can tell Kim's dead and I can tell there was a firefight. The fact that Knobs over there is picking up some guys arm was clue enough." He looked back over to the FEATHER recruit again. "WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT WATCHES CORPORAL!?"

The recruit jumped and emptied his pockets, grinning sheepishly.

"I was wondering why exactly Captain Kahil here saw fit to stab the good General. All I know is he refused you the right to land."

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Jason took a deep breath and took a moment to calm himself down. He stopped himself from shaking but he still felt a feeling in his gut and was unable to fully calm himself down. He wouldn't show anything on his face and slowly got up to answer this new soldier's question.

"Well to begin with." Jason started as he pulled out his pistol and shot one of the invisible sniper perches. The shot ricocheted and those who were trained could make out a little of the invisible perch, Jason then pointed to one of the three dead elite snipers to show that the perches were being used for something.

"To start out the first thing he did was not grant us access to the ship which in itself is treachery. Second he came to meet us when we landed with a group of armed soldiers and cloaked snipers in the room. Whichever way you put it he betrayed us and I killed him for his treason." Jason explained going through his memories of the fire fight just moments ago.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
"And you clearly haven't read up on the files of much of the good doctor's work then. The captain most certainly exists within Thompson's private chain of command." Saryll said, not rising to the bait of Kell's tone. "And it might do you well to remember to address your fellow soldiers with courtesy and politeness, sergeant, good manners cost nothing." she continued, using the title as neither an insult or challenge, making a mental note to file the correct paperwork in triplicate with crossed i's and dotted t's for every infraction she saw Kell commit.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Watched the FEATHERS and Kell do their work. He walked over to a nearby stack of crates, climbed on top and sat there. "Look Kell, the general had no right to stop us. The general did not want us on board, we tried to reason with him. He did not want to let us pass for god knows what reason. He threatened us, and we retaliated. I'm pretty sure if you were in the same situation, you would have retaliated as well," Chris said to Jarmen.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"Yeah Captain, neat trick with the sniper perches. I saw them to. I know the general was a traitorous bastard, we've clarified that. Doesn't mean you had the right to stab him. Just the fact that he didn't grant you access doesn't mean much. The hangar could've been full, or under maintenance or the doors could've been damaged, loads of honest reasons why he couldn't let you on board. As for why he had the armed soldiers, well you just forced your way onto the ship, he had reason to be worried. The snipers...well let's say you didn't notice them until the firefight. My issue is not that you started a gunfight in here. It's why? Seems like your first instinct was 'Screw asking questions! There's not enough people getting stabbed right about now.'"

He stopped and sighed heavily.

"Listen, the point I'm trying to make is that you were right, this time. But you keep jumping to conclusions like that before gathering up all the facts and you'll end up courtmartialed or executed so fast it'll make your head spin. Now...go do whatever it is you have to do. You're not insane like I first thought, you're just naive. I've got most of my squad here so it's not as though there's anywhere for you to run to."

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
"Kell. I don't suggest talking to us that way, you may be guarding Dr. McCreepyBritches, but your deductive ability matches only the great Rock mcDoesn'tHaveAny."

James finally decloaked "There was a fire order, Captain used his specialized armor to stop bullets, and used Kim's body as a shield while he found cover. Fact is, we weren't even armed in a general sense coming in, I had to pick up a knife from a nearby crate and CQC my way to some guns, the rest managed to be fortunate enough to find some weapons crates. Kim didn't exactly ask many questions, just wanted us dead. A prisoner later confirmed he planned a hostile takeover of the ship, and if you give me ten seconds with one of them, I can get them to sing you all sorts of the plans Kim probably had, the man LOOKED like a supervillian. As Weapons officer, I can tell you somebody that acted like Kim, should NOT be on a vessel as well-armed as this one." James stressed Kell and Kim's names, making it known he judged them both about the same.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"And you, miss" He said, this time without the emphasis "are clearly reading some very outdated paperwork. That whole Private R&D command network hasn't existed for quite some time. That was back when Doc was experimenting with the Thompson procedure. After he had that down pat the chain was dissolved. Now he's outside the chain again. And me with him."
He pointedly ignored the comment about courtesy. If they were equals, he'd grit his teeth and play nice, but some fresh off the shuttle little girl talking down to him, very annoying. She'd probably get knocked down to size after a few training exercises or first combat.

"And you, ahh..." He paused, thinking for a moment before realizing he didn't know the boys name "Bandanna, you tried to reason with him?"
He reached into one of the pouches on his chest and pulled out what appeared to be a PDA. He tapped the screen a few times and a tinny, static laced voice rang out loudly from it.
I DON'T CARE WHAT THE FUCK GENERAL KIM TOLD YOU! YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE US PERMISSION TO BOARD THIS INSTANT!!!"
"Yeah, that sounds like a carefuly reasoned argument. Flight audio logs are a fun thing, ain't they?"

Kell jerked visibly as James decloaked beside him. 'Fuck me...' he thought. I knew I heard someone coming over but I thought it was one of the recruits. Sarcastic little bugger too.
"Like I said. You lot were right, but for the wrong reasons. Just have Captain Kahil stop jumping to conclusions so quickly, alright. I know most of you are pretty green but..." He stopped himself, he'd been about to say that they shouldn't be afraid to second guess they're CO but decided it was exactly tactful to say right in front of the boy.
He also decided to avoid mentioning that as weapons officer the only thing the boy knew was how to utilize the ships weapons and not a damn thing more.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"Now, don't let me detain you all any further." Jarmen chose the word "Detain" very carefully, as though implying what would happen if they tried to run under his watch.

He noticed that most of the recruits had finished up their jobs and that loyalist ship personal had begun to appear out of the woodwork as they always do, starting to clean up and repair what damage had been done to the hangar. He chuckled to himself as a man holding a cutting torch vomited as Knobbs walked by, still carrying the arm.

"You can go do whatever work you wanted to get done. I expect Doc Thompson will finish up soon and then I can be out of your hair. Hooray." He added dryly. "I'd still like to have one of my troopers travel with each of you, make sure you don't sabotage the engines or anything. And since I'm such a nice guy you can choose which trooper accompanies you. 'Cept you," Jarmen said, turning to James. "You seem to be chomping at the bit for opportunities to root out any more traitors so MCMILLAN!" He yelled to the recruit without turning his gaze from James "You'll be traveling with this fellow! Mcmillan so frickin' loyal he reads from the WINGS manual every night before bed. You'll love him."

With this Jarmen sat down on an overturned weapons crate and pulled out his PDA. Time to browse some personnel files. Let's see what's in this squad's history...

If any of you care about the descriptions of the troopers before you choose you can ask me in chat and I'll fill you in. If not feel free to pick at random

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
"I came from Marines, into SpecOps, into WINGS. In my neighborhood as a child, that was how you dealt with dangerous influences. I'm sorry you sucked dick to a nice little white collar desk job following a whitecoat around a little bit of his closet overlord fetish, but I respect Dr. Thompson for his talents, not his character, and I certainly don't think he's even remotely qualified to judge military culture. Just because you can't take it when somebody raises their voice at you, doesn't mean we're just as hopelessly incompetent. The denial to let us on-board, was direct insubordination. The same type, your Master programmed us all to be completely unwavering about, and Leatherboy, The Captain was a KID when he started, just because your training included coffee-making and how to properly ***** and moan, doesn't mean you're a soldier for passing those classes at the top and failing Basic. In the military, when designated CO has orders to come aboard which you contradict, you INCLUDE That reason, and you most certainly do NOT allow some middle-manager to tell them, you report on the goddamn situation yourself." James walked up, he was a Marine, the chain of command was his creed. Granted, when given leeway he took it, but that was because he was trained to know that if that leeway was there than it was meant to be.

"If you'd take a damn look at anything after a man raised his VOICE at you, you'd see questions. And then the order to fire on us-beyond that, you're a SERGEANT! Use the eyes that rank implies, and look at the bullet spreads, and where we were taking cover, the corpse spreads, and the weaponry they had. I remind you, we came into this unarmed. If we came to kill Kim and his team, we would have each had a fully loaded rifle, and there would only be as many bullet holes as enemy heads, and if you were anything remotely close to WINGS, you'd know that you ill-trained unsubordinate foolish maggot." James seemed to be ten times taller and scarier, the cheeky, social smile was now Marine Drill Sgt. Any doubt he was a soldier was gone, as he almost loomed over Kell with his tall frame, he didn't pant, his voice was hardly raised above normal, but it SOUNDED furious. His eyes were positively hateful, it was clear to anybody watching, that Kell had better have the holy grail of evidence, or Damien might have the hardest multiple reconstructive surgery job this side of the Milky Way

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Jarmen looked up from his PDA, his face still blank.
"Hmmm...you're James Reynold, right?" He lowered his voice so the rest of the squad wouldn't hear "Well, first yeah, I know about your poster boy Captain. Everyone in WINGS does. Spending most of his childhood in classrooms and training centers doesn't exactly mean he was thrown in to combat as a kid like, incidentally, I was. Let's see. Says here you're 21. Well, I was fighting 8 or 9 years before you were born. When I was hmm...about 7-8. Place I grew up wasn't exactly fond of the new government and did their best to show it with rifles and explosives. So yeah, I skipped basic, but only because I was getting shot before you even hit puberty. As for the desk job, after a bit over a decade of service sneaking into places I wasn't meant to and blowing things up I saw an opportunity for a cushy job with better pay and great food and I decided to take it. You're only a few years into your military career so I can understand. Give it a few years. You'll look forward to a desk job too. What else...what else...oh and yeah, you're still stuck on the firefight? I know the general betrayed you, I know you were ill equipped. Just follow the orders you're given by generals until you can prove they're traitorous bastards from now on ok? Oh, McMillan, you took long enough. Take Sergeant Reynolds wherever he wishes to go. Help him root out any more traitors." With this Jarmen looked back to his PDA

James continued to stand there glaring at him.

"...Hmm? Alright, alright." He raised his voice so the rest of the group could hear him "I apologize for calling you green, Sergeant. I was operating under the assumption you lot were like my batch of recruits here, fresh out of the academy and eager for some dangerous medical procedures but it seems..." He tapped his PDA a few more times "That aside from 1 or 2 of you," With this he glanced briefly at Kahil and Saryll, "you all have had illustrious military careers, full of death and glory." He nodded to McMillan who began to lead James away.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Damien sighed at the carnage. "So damn much to do, so little time..." He first headed over to Pax and gently lifted and carried him back to the squad. "You idiot, you're going to get yourself killed. I heard you over the comms. No more one-liners, okay? Just nail the bastards." Damien sighed as he took out a pair of forceps. Since his saliva was still anesthesia, and completely sterile, Damien merely spat into the wound before digging the bullet fragments out from the wound. "Sorry if this seems a bit gross, but this is my genetic ability" Damien said as he finished pulling out the last of the shards. "I'm able to change the composition of my body and regrow it at hyper speeds. Anyway, you got lucky- the bullet went clean through. Give me one second..." Damien grew a plug of muscle exactly matching Pax's. It quickly grew once inserted, filling the injury completely. Damien daubed a bit of bio-gel on the wound. "There. A perfect genetic match, and a bit of Bio-Gel to prevent rejection, just in case. You're good to go, Pax."

Damien consumed two cubes before calling out to one of the soldiers. "Hey, Private Carter! I remember you! How's that arm holding up?" Carter snapped immediately to attention, remembering the voice of the doctor who had saved his life. "V-very well, s-sir. Thank you." Damien smiled as he took off his top armor and beckoned to Carter. "Just bring me those injured prisoners, will you?" Carter began to stammer, unsure sure where his loyalties laid. "B-but s-sir, I-I-I was told t-to bring-" Damien shook his head. "And I said bring them here. Understand?" Damien glared at Carter, whose will immediately crumbled. "Yes sir. I'm sorry." Damien smiled once more. "Don't mention it. Just say hello to your family for me." Damien looked at the patients he was given. All in all, it wasn't as bad as he thought. The soldiers he had crippled merely needed a muscle patch, which Damien infused with his own healing abilities. They would be able to walk again in day or two.

Unfortunately, the one who ha been shot in the knee needed a complete rehaul. Damien stripped the man from mid-thigh down, studying everything from skin tone to bone density with his enhanced contacts. Damien then grabbed the leg in question to tell what the muscle to fat ratio was. Damien sighed as he rubbed his hands together, taking off his own left leg armor. "Y'all might not want t' look. Fair warning." Damien called. He slit his forearm, only to have a clear fluid drip out onto the soldier's wound. Unable to create enough saliva for such a task, Damien had changed the composition of his blood plasma to an anesthetic, holding the actual cells back with platelets. The wound quickly covered itself back up and healed as Damien once again changed the composition of his blood back to normal before pulling a large knife from a holster on his right leg. Damien flipped the man's visor down and shut his own pain synapses as the knife bit into his leg just above the knee. The blade began to vibrate, sawing deeper and deeper into Damien's leg. It finally fell off, with not a drop of blood spilled. He then cut off the man's leg, completely painlessly, and began to attach his own in its place. It took Damien a bit, but with some Bio-Gel, Damien managed to perfectly attach the new lib, and it had the exact same parameters as the old one. If not for a black circle delineating where the leg was stitched on, it was impossible to tell the difference. Damien turned his own healing time up to the max, and had fully regrown half his leg within a minute. "Okay, take 'im away. Put him into muscle therapy; he'll be walking within the week." The man looked at Damien. Mere words could not have conveyed the sense of gratitude and embarrassment that the man felt, after having shot at the man who had saved his life. "Thank you." He whispered before he was carried away on a stretcher.

Damien walked over to the group in streetclothes, his armor in his hands. "G'evening gentlemen. I do so hope we aren't fighting." Damien let go of his armor and very pointedly began to clean the Vibro-knife he had just used for the surgery. Damien listened to the recording. "Yeah, funny thing about that. See, as an experimental branch of the military, WINGS is outside the normal chain of command. So General Kim really didn't have any right to detain us. Perhaps killing him was a bit overboard, but there was no way he could go to a court martial, as most of the military doesn't even know WINGS exists." Damien said nonchalantly. He didn't like the way things had turned out, but he liked this upstart even less.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"You're...Lier, right?" Well, thought Jarmen, I suppose a passive-aggressive medic with a knife is better than a hotblooded marine. "No, Sergeant Reynolds here was just asserting his opinions which I've taken careful note of. We've finished now, right sergeant?" He glanced at James then at private McMillan who seemed to be debating whether or not he should put a hand on Jame's shoulder and lead him away. Jarmen gave a very slight shake of his head and McMillan put his hand down, his shoulders sagging. "And anyway does WINGS exist outside of command now? That's news to me. I guess my 'nice little white collar desk job following a whitecoat around'" he grinned at James "has left me a bit out of the loop. Well I suppose that changes my opinion on things a bit. Nice job with the wounded by the way. Seems like you finished up before my recruits even got back with the ship medics. Very impressive."

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
James sighed, broke off from the Rookie "Look.. Sgt, I know desk jobs sound nice, but I came from a neighborhood and home that was full of beatings and worse, the military has an order, and lets me use my talent for making things die. So you coming in here from years off, and insulting my CO, I had to do something. I disdain your handling of this, and I think you're an arrogant, out of line, former soldier. But the fact is, you should learn to respect your fellow WINGS... and I know you took that chance to get away, but that's... not something I could ever do. We all went through the training, apart from these cutesy FEATHERS you brought along, and we were all recruited from separate branches. We could debate all day who'd childhood sucked more, but it'd get us nowhere." The marine seemed to be grinding the peacemaking out of his teeth, which meant he seemed to believe it should be done "Just know, that at least with me, being the guard dog of McCreepyNoCondom"

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
"'McCreepyNoCondom'" Jarmen chuckled, a short staccato laugh that sounded fake even when it wasn't. "That's pretty funny. I'll have to remember that. And don't think that bodyguard duty has made me soft son. Doc spends most of his time in ultra high security places, meaning I can spend my time keeping sharp and training these recruits. Who aren't too bad, by the way. They're...quirky, I'll admit but they hold together pretty damn well."