Shamus Plays WoW #1: It's An Imp's Life

MomoHime64

Jul 4, 2010
I really very desperately want Shamus to write a fantasy-satire novel JUST. LIKE. THIS. ARTICLE. Terry Pratchett's got Alzheimer's, man. You've got to step up one day.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
I'm not usually into your MMO stuff, but this one was actually pretty funny. Good job.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
"Like last week I was skiing down a mountain made of the twisted corpses of history's liars and then doing backflips into a ball pit of skulls of the stillborn. While on fire."

I lol'd :D

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
So the elf starting area quests go something like "You must bring the magical essence of the three lunar oracles to remove the corruption at the heart of the world tree. The fate of the night elf people hangs in the balance!"

The human starting quests go something like "I lost my pig, help me find it."

And the dwarf quests revolve around delivering beer.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
This is great stuff! Looking forward to the next one. Too bad I've never really played WoW, seems that i don't really get all the jokes...

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
You're missing out Shamous, somebody took the sinew swings and over-sized them. Did I forget to mention they're also on fire now too?

If it's on Fire, it's always better!

standokan

May 28, 2009
I´m looking forward too the next one, with this i can experience WoW without getting addicted.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
I hope you'll do more of these short wow sidekick stories. It really seems that being and imp isn't that cool.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Holy crap, it's like he summoned Gary from Unforgotten Realms!
..I was thinking the exact same thing while reading this.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Today's best line is "That's a perversion!" It's even better if you imagine the little imp pointing at him with a horrified look on his face.

However, it seems pretty obvious how this story will end, and I hope you put effort into subverting the cliche, Shamus.

asterismW

May 26, 2009
Brilliant start, Shamus. I'm really looking forward to this series, as I immensely enjoyed your previous Let's Plays. And using the imp's POV was a nice touch. Why, though, in the text is the warlock's name spelled "Deathbringer-er", but in the screenshots (and on his card) it's spelled "Dethbringerr"? I mean, I can see spelling it "Deathbringer-er" ONCE to show how it's pronounced, but the continued mis-spelling is just irritating. You don't introduce a character by spelling their name wrong. You introduce them by spelling it right, and then, if needed, spell it phonetically.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
NICE! I did something like this in the form of pure prose a while back. (http://avoidingtherapy.blogspot.com/2010/02/abbey.html)

Looking at the experience from an imp's perspective was a brilliant twist!

Also, the pictures are probably a big help for those who have never played WoW. They add to the overall effect of the story, in any case.

~Cheers!

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
Loving the story from the Imp's point of view. Very nice touch. Two thumbs up. This looks to be another great "Shamus Plays" series. Looking forward to the next installment.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Awesome....lemme tell ya, I'd absolutely love it if the warlocks had a constant running dialogue like this with their pet demons...the warlock all angsty and driven to help, the demon all about whittling away at the emo goth's morals in a bid for corruption....