Shamus Plays WoW #1: It's An Imp's Life

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Hah, I was a bit worried when I saw World of Warcraft. Not that I have anything against the game, but I have played it for two and a half years so I would know every curve ball that gets thrown in the game. What I was not expecting was the choice of perspective. Should be interesting.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
This has 'wacky sitcom' written all over it. Two personalities that don't mesh stuck together and forced to deal with ridiculous problems. Still, it's good so far.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Nice. I love Norman Dethbringerr's nervous habit of saying "Mother says..."

I have an Undead Warlock, so I'm not sure what it's like for a Warlock in the Alliance. I would think trafficking with demons would be forbidden. And like another poster said, I'm curious about what will happen when he learns to summon other demons - they'll probably simply be different "incarnations" of the demon?

The Succubus should be... interesting. "But Mother says I should save myself for marriage!"

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Midnight Crossroads said:
I'm going to love this one especially. Are you going to continue running the imp even as you unlock the new demons or have them be manifestations of the same one?
I like that idea. This pissed off little imp coming back as a succubus to taunt the crap out of his useless master is amusing already just as an idea.

That said, Shamus Plays doesn't tend to get that far into games, does it? I mean he'll probably get to the voidwalker, but level 20 is a fair ways in. You could get there fast if you just went headlong into quests, but if you're taking your time to make it fun(ny) for writeups, it'd take a while.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
The Great JT said:
carpathic said:
OMG, this is gonna be a fabulous series!!

I am so excited. Been waiting since Lulzy for a NEW series!
Forgot about the adventures of Star On Chest already, have we?
Well, see, those of us who read Shamus' blog had already seen the adventures of Star on Chest, like, a year ago, so the stuff posted on the Escapist was all reruns.

OT: "So ... arson?"

Awesome.

Amarsir

Jul 7, 2009
asterismW said:
Brilliant start, Shamus. I'm really looking forward to this series, as I immensely enjoyed your previous Let's Plays. And using the imp's POV was a nice touch. Why, though, in the text is the warlock's name spelled "Deathbringer-er", but in the screenshots (and on his card) it's spelled "Dethbringerr"? I mean, I can see spelling it "Deathbringer-er" ONCE to show how it's pronounced, but the continued mis-spelling is just irritating. You don't introduce a character by spelling their name wrong. You introduce them by spelling it right, and then, if needed, spell it phonetically.
I have to agree with this. It would read better to just type his name the way it's entered, and then when he meets someone else the audience hears him say "it's pronounced Deathbringer-er". But we don't need a constant pronunciation reminder.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
The Great JT said:
carpathic said:
OMG, this is gonna be a fabulous series!!

I am so excited. Been waiting since Lulzy for a NEW series!
Forgot about the adventures of Star On Chest already, have we?
I didn't forget, just look at the emphasis placed on "NEW". Star On Chest had already been released.

This one has not, and we are again treated to Shamus' excellent sense of humour!

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
That was by far the best 'Shamus Plays' yet. The dialogue idea makes the tale really entertaining and better than the ones you did before! Not that they were bad, this one's just better than the rest ^-^

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Kinda reminds me of my own Warlock stories. The Daemon was a little more servant like there, but the 'lock seemed as confused as mine. Only that mine hadnt noticed that he starved while studying old tomes and became undead.

short: i love it

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
It's about time you got around to WoW! Excellent start by the way, hilarious from start to finish. Can't wait to see these every week. . . . now to the armory to hunt Deathbringerr down.

Matwisto

Apr 26, 2009
MomoHime64 said:
I really very desperately want Shamus to write a fantasy-satire novel JUST. LIKE. THIS. ARTICLE. Terry Pratchett's got Alzheimer's, man. You've got to step up one day.
Now I'm depressed about Pratchett again.
I agree that Shamus should write something. I read all his articles and Shamus consistantly makes me laugh. The imp story is great for a Shamus Plays, but I would prefer if Shamus made a new story and wrote a book about it. Maybe if it was like Douglas Coupland's stuff...

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
awesome. hope to see more of the adventures of dethbringerr and his disgruntled imp.