Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hah good ending. They want to be a 5 man raid tho? Not really a raid then. But anyway...

I guess this is why, when my undead rogue was a decently high level, I went back and murdered so many humans in those newbie towns. I didn't realise it but they must have really pissed me off too!

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
I'd like to know where to sign up for Gobstab's Seminars.
Ahhh that was great. A shame we won't see anymore of Gobstab and Norman, but hopefully Azeroth will get what it deserves. Random events where those two and their cult sweep in and burn the NPC quest givers in those areas.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Wasn't his name Dethbringerr, not Lightbringer? Though it certainly fits better.

I'm so sorry for Norman, but at least he's happier killing. It was a fitting end, however. I wish I could go to Gobstab's seminars, too.

Are you going to do another MMO?

ahpuch

Mar 19, 2009
Awesome series Shamus. As with all your work I am sorry to see it end (but I am also happy you keep the finite rather than make them run forever and losing their potency).

Toasty Virus said:
I've noticed a trend with these Lets Plays, they take a perfectly normal happy person who enjoys their job and slowly drives them insane to the point of quitting/going evil.
Actually, its MMOs that do that. Let's Play is merely chronically the inevitable.

slightly evil

Feb 18, 2010
loved it
I genuinely felt for this character, which may be worrying but screw it
personally I wouldve liked the end to be a montage of Norman slaughtering the NPCs, and Gobstab, now 100 feet tall, wrecking cities
not accurate in terms of the game, but seeing as Norman is some kind of genius prodigy child and the only person alive capable of thought, maybe not such a leap.
But oh well, keep it up Shamus, great series

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
A nice ending to the series. Now all we need is for blizzard to decide that this would make a fun instance, and implement it.

Norman Blightbringer

I wonder what would have happened if he'd met another sane player...

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
This has been the best one yet. Loved every instalment. Looking forward to the next series.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Great end. Liked the skiing callback to episode 1. I wonder if Norman will enjoy the ball pit of skulls of the stillborn?

stranamente said:
Even if I loved this series (and it's still the most inviting thing to WOW I know), I think you should work more on the ends. They're all on the bitter side.
And that's what makes them so very sweet.

Really, each one is about putting a sane man (i.e. a person with real-world expectations) in a fundamentally insane (i.e. MMO) world. The only real options are to go insane (and start playing along), retreat from the madness (Lulzy and Star on Chest retiring) or fight against the madness (Norman finally living up to his Deathbringer-er name.)

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
I loved this series. Shamus's Lets Plays are always awesome. The ones on his site, the "Spoiler Warning" ones are great. You should bring them on here!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Although I am a bit disappointed it had to end the ending was awesome. Thank you for this.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
LadyRhian said:
Ah, Bureaucracy, the thing that turns many adventurers to evil. But Norman is still thinking small. Why not a ten man raid instance? ;)
Pacing, you need to slaughter a few orphans befor you can kill a plaidin.

On that note, I <3 happy endings.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Shamus Young said:
Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

The worst filing system in all of Azeroth finally pushes Norman over the edge.

Read Full Article
Disappointing ending. Maybe you should come up with a different story arc. I mean, if you think about it, it's like CSI. You just rehash the same thing in different MMOs. And just like CSI, it's a fun ride, certainly enjoyable. But unlike CSI, you can't string it along forever, which means it has to end, and since they all have the same basic story, they all end the same way.

Jymm

Sep 18, 2010
Nicely done Shamus!

Crazy coincidence, I just did most of the quests in Darkshire yesterday. I revisited a level 27 Human Rogue that I had stripped down to no gear and with only a gold piece to his name. After buying two daggers he went out and laid waste to the land and when it was all done he was level 30 and has himself a nice pile of gold and some decent gear. :)

I'm with you this is a very entertaining Zone.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Another great run for Shamus Plays. Tons of laughs to be had throughout. It's too bad you didn't get around to the John J. Keeshan quests in redridge, they're pretty funny and easily one of the most epic questlines in the game.

So what game is next on the Shamus Plays agenda ?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Ah, its so nice to see a happy ending...

I really like the last bit there about "evil always being inside of you". Nice twist on the classic "inner strength" speach.