Share an awesome anime

Souleks

Jan 17, 2009
Did Angel Beats! get covered? yes? okay good Its just I feel that is my personal responsibility in every anime thread but since it was already recommended it seems my job here has been done.
so eh I guess...

Wait, someone already recommended Haruhi? huh alright then...

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
*Ahem*
Death Note
Code Geass
The pure un-adulterated awesomeness which transcends the boundaries of anime: Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kaze no Stigma
Canaan
B Gata H Kei (Because we've all been or will be there)
.Hack//SIGN
Full Metal Alchemist
Trigun
High School of the Dead (Girls in panties VS. Zombies, slight nudity)
Bleach, if you think you have time to watch ~260 episodes

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
I recommend, Kara no Kyoukai. A lot of other great animes I've watched watched have already been suggested but I haven't seen someone suggest this one yet.

It's an interesting anime, it's well drawn and the script is well thought out. Takes an interesting reversal of the male hero saving the damsel in distress. The characters are interesting (Cornelius and Arayou are the best villains) and it'll definitely make you think. It's broken into 7 movies + epilogue instead of episodes. Perhaps not for everyone but might be worth taking a look at.

The video definitely doesn't do the whole series justice but I couldn't find any other short videos.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I've been watching Monster and its fucking awesome... until it got taken off of Netflix! WTF NETFLIX!? WHY YOU SUCK ASS!?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Outlaw Star. Made by Sunrise, the same studio responsible for Cowboy Bebop. Brilliant space adventure with memorable, likable characters and not to mention one of the best music themes ever done.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
This is one of the growing trend of 3 minute shows, but its just bizarre and cute enough to be likeable. Plus the song is catchy as hell...

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
sCRYed [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-CRY-ed] is still one of my favorites, though I seem to be alone in that assertion. The music was awesome, it played around with stereotypes and tropes, it wasn't all about cut-and-dried good and evil, and it was rather psychological for a series about people with super powers beating each other up. (If you've ever read The Violet's Embryos it plays with that same idea that giving a man some form of godhood is the quickest way to make all his mental problems bubble to the surface.)

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Infernai said:
Berserk. The mere fact nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread is appalling and, as the resident fanboy of Berserk on the Escapist, i feel the need to rectify this. Say it with me now folks: HAIIIIIII YAI FORCES!

As old as it is, that series is still awesome and the new movie, especially what i heard of the second one, seems to be shaping slowly up to be the same. I would have said read the manga but as you only said to post anime...the anime is what thou shalt receive!
Beat me to it. Berserk is my favorite anime and I'm hoping the new stuff makes it to the States soon.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Michiko & Hatchin.
It JUST recently got licensed (literally, the announcement was made four days ago) and I am super duper, ridiculously, you-have-no-idea excited. It is MADE to be dubbed, brah.
In terms of style, it's the lovechild of Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop (of course it helps that many of the people involved in those two anime helped create M&H).
Yeah. That good. Michiko is seriously my favorite female anime character ever.
Some copy pasta: "The series tells the story of sexy criminal Michiko and abused runaway Hana "Hatchin" Morenos. The two team up to cross the lawless frontier, searching for a man from their pasts while eluding the police and Hatchin's foster parents.

Tiger & Bunny.
If you are even remotely interested in superheroes, this is an anime to watch. It is one of my favorite anime, it's fantastic. It also is licensed, and so far from what has been shown the dub has proved to be incredibly good. It'll be released later this year.
"Sternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero."
The action, animation, and characters are seriously good.

Aight, I'm out.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Michiko to Hatchin

Easily on par with HBO miniseries' in terms of direction and writing. Go download it; you won't regret it.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Snippy the Shoe said:
Baccano!

With immortal gangsters and two of the best homicidal psychopaths i've ever seen it is sure to entertain! Plus if you generally prefer anime dubbed then this is one of the best english dubs around.

Also Ladd Russo is the best character in anything. Ever.
(Warning this clip is slightly spoilery and EXTREMELY violent!]
I might have to agree with you on just about everything you said.

My recommendation is Bokurano.

In my humble opinion, it is the best anime about a bunch of regular children going through immense psychological torture. Also, some really creative mechs.

While the Manga is much MUCH better, the anime is still worth your time.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Seconding Mushishi. One of the most unique animes I've ever seen. It has a sort of quiet beauty to it. That's one I can't watch dubbed, though.

Spice and Wolf

Basically about a traveling merchant who meets a pagan wolf goddess. She was a small town's goddess of the harvest until they outgrew her. So she starts traveling with the merchant to see how the world has changed since she's been in one town for a few hundred years.

She helps him with his trade, but she also draws attention from the church. Conflict!

A very different sort of show.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Obscure stuff eh?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: 110 episodes and like 4 sets of OVA's and two movies that I know of. A massive cast of characters and a great story.

Hunter x Hunter: This one is currently getting a reboot, which makes me wonder why, since the original was pretty spot on to the manga. Oh well, because HxH is one of my all time favorite anime, and I'll take new HxH any day of the week.

Shinesman: Watch just the dub of this, otherwise you just get a really lame five color hero team.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Gaiseric said:
Infernai said:
Berserk. The mere fact nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread is appalling and, as the resident fanboy of Berserk on the Escapist, i feel the need to rectify this. Say it with me now folks: HAIIIIIII YAI FORCES!

As old as it is, that series is still awesome and the new movie, especially what i heard of the second one, seems to be shaping slowly up to be the same. I would have said read the manga but as you only said to post anime...the anime is what thou shalt receive!
Beat me to it. Berserk is my favorite anime and I'm hoping the new stuff makes it to the States soon.

Seems i got the jump on you, your highness (Nice reference with the username, don't think i didn't catch that).

Also, the first films a bit compressed compared to the anime and doesn't have quite the same impact. However, from what's been seen and what i've heard about movie number 2? It's quite good.

straymatter

May 1, 2012
Kemonozume.

http://youtu.be/08Cqhu_BRPc

You will not regret it.

EDIT: Also, possible 'disturbing content' warning, but you probably already got that from Youtube.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
SPOILERS AND NSFW - AMVs / Preview of GENOCYBER

It's not GREAT, but it's a fun bonkers distraction with tons of gore, 90's cell drawn animation and industrial weirdness. A bit like watching a poor man's Akira in an abattoir, but, for some, that's a selling point...

People have already hit a lot of what I'd recommend, but here's a text list:

- Akira
- Berserk
- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Devilman
- Elfen Lied
- Ergo Proxy
- Gantz
- Ghost in the Shell (both movies, TV seasons and TV - OVA)
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- Ninja Scroll
- Paprika
- Paranoia Agent
- Renissance (not really anime, rotorscoped movie)
- RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Speed Grapher
- Spirited Away
- Steamboy
- Tokko
- Wicked City
- Wings Of Honneamise