Shigeru Miyamoto Wants to Make an FPS

=y

May 11, 2012
Give it a chance. Who knows, I'm willing to give the man who gave me a fair percentage of my childhood a shot at an FPS game.

But whatever, what happens happens. Let the fanboy wars continue.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I actually would like to see this.

Metroid Prime was the Nintendo FPS, but it was still Metroid at heart. I'm not quite sure if Miyamoto was directly involved, but I would still love to see what he would do to this stagnating genre with his brilliant mind. It would probably join the Valve games (TF2, Portal, Half-Life, etc.) on my "List of Shooters That Aren't Crap".

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Why are people saying it's a bad idea? Dude can do what the hell he want's! If he want's to make an FPS, let him, if it looks good, I'll buy it, simple as that!
Andronicus said:
Pfft, what's everyone complaining about? If it's bad, it's bad; don't buy it. If it's good then, well, buy it.

Shigeru Miyamoto wants to make a FPS?
Let the crazy bastard make a FPS!
Guys, who's complaining? Every post I've seen so far has been for the idea rather than against it.
This is Miyamoto we're talking about, I actually can't wait to see what he'll do with it. I love Metroid Prime after all, so another Nintendo FPS series will rock.

dragongit said:
That's all Nintendo need's. A first person shooter franchise that they can make and nothing else.
If Nintendo were actually like that, we'd have about 6 Mario Galaxies and a metric shit ton of Mario [random] 9s by now...wait. <_<'

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Hmm, at least we would see an FPS without regenerating health again.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So would his version of a FPS game would simple have the enemy simple vanish when get shot? The idea of a Nintendo game that actually "kill" the bad guys is something I cannot grasp or it simply be no blood like Timesplitter?

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Miyamoto is responsible for Pikmin, which is probably my favorite RTS of the past fifteen years (this is not a high bar). If he thinks can do the same for the FPS genre, I'm willing to listen.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Tanis said:
IMAGINE a FPS where it's using actual COLOR and not about killing the 'ethnic baddie of the week'.
Bioshock 1, 2.
Borderlands
Fallout New Vegas
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 1, 2
Star Wars Republic Commando
Tean Fortress 2
Tribes Ascend

need more? i can go old school if you want.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
You know what, I'm okay with this. I just read a long diatribe about how Japanese social constructs are damaging their games and making them unprofitable in the West. Perhaps Miyamoto's FPS will change up the notions of what is profitable and what is not.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
So, I hear Quentin Tarantino is playing with the thought of making a new film, that doesn't revolve around violence.

He doesn't have enough time though, so he won't actually even begin with the massive project anytime soon.