Should we support black ops 2?

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Doclector said:
Reaper195 said:
Doclector said:
"Treyarch ruined cod by making it halo!"
...people have been saying this? But...but no Treyarch game was even remotely similar to Halo aside from the general FPS gameplay. If anything, they made their CoD games more like CoD 4...
Yes, yes they have. I feel like I should make a farnsworth reference, maybe post that axe picture from american psycho, say something about letting loose the nukes and bringing it all to an end, but no, I have no words to describe how such people make me feel.
One can only hope these are just people trolling, and not actually serious (Which would simply proove they've played one of the other. Or neither.). And in the end, it doesn't matter. I see retarded comments on youtube videos, get momentarily annoyed, then go about living real life.

Valagetti said:
I'll pay $70 NZ,
Lol...wut? I think it's going to come out NZ (Assuming you mean New Zealand) at about a hundred and thirty. At least. That's how much the standard game was for console (110 for PC if I remember rightly) and MW3 came out 150 for everything. Either way....wooo! Another Kiwi!

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Aeonknight said:
Chairman Miaow said:
gigastar said:
Nope. Unlike most anti-supporters on the subject i wont dirty any of my systems by letting a compatible disc anywhere within 10 meters of them.

Chairman Miaow said:
Buy Blops2:

EA guys: "They love it when we release the same game every year, let's do it with all our franchises!"

Don't buy Blops2:

EA guys: "They hate it when we change things, let's keep making the same game every year!"

Yeah, either way, lose-lose. CoD will do fine though.
Erm, EA makes Battlefield and Medal of Honor, Activision rereleases Call of Duty.
My bad, replace EA with Activision then. But EA is just as big an offender with EA sports.
Except no one expects innovation from a sports game. They expect it to play like it has before, with tweaks to team rosters and maybe a new feature or two in the menu. That's it.

It's a damn Activision thread and people like you still manage to find some way to trash EA in the process. What's next, EA is the cause of obesity in america? Seriously, you try way too hard to dog them. It actually devalues any legitimate criticism you have of their games.
Wow, you must be really insightful to know so much about me when all you really know of me is that I accidentally confused them and Activision as the publisher for CoD, and then said I didn't like how they release the same sports game every year. Are you a wizard? And wow, obesity in America... yup, I'm definitely going to make that argument, all my points about them so far have been that ridiculous and far-fetched.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I support Black Ops 2 in the sense that I know it is the next installment in a popular franchise. I know people are going to buy it, and I both respect and support their right to do so. I also support it in the sense that I don't really have any complaints or wish it any sort of horrible crushing failure.

However, if you mean in any sort of financial sense...No. I'm not supporting it because I have no plans to buy it.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
JoesshittyOs said:
How about you ignore every idiot who has to say something about the game that hasn't come out yet and wait it out?

Does it look interesting to you?

Yes? Go out and buy it.

No? Than go out and buy it so you can come back and complain about it.
This...so much damn this..

OT:
You know what, how about we all just stop bitching at each other from whatever side of the damn fence we stand on and WAIT for once until we have more to go on than a couple articles and a minute and a half reveal trailer before we go using one of these

I'm so tired of the back and forth bullshit every time a game is just ANNOUNCED, much less any concrete footage is seen.
I can see the responses already coming to me "But Savage, nothing ever changes with CoD and I can predict the future based off of circumstantial evidence saying that nothing ever will."
You know what....no, you can't, so why don't you remove your head from your fourth point of contact, play the games you like to play, and leave everyone else to do the same. The industry, and the community, will thank you.

/rant

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012

Long-time fans are hating the new game. However, long-time haters are highly-anticipating it.

How weird is this? Well, let's see, it's in the year 2025, it also has "Cold War Flashbacks", possibly something like Assassins Creed: Revelations, it's a lot more open, your choices affect the story and events along with weather you complete an objective or not, the story looks very intriguing so far, and you get to ride ponies. Err... I mean, "horses", but, there's no doubt people are gonna start modding my little ponies into this thing.

This just might be awesome. We shall see.

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
How about you don't buy into the fucking hype and wait for the game to come out?

If it's good. Chances are you can buy it on sale later and have just as good an experience as the early adopters.

Chances are that if its bad, you just saved yourself time and money.

ImPeruvianGuy

Apr 20, 2012
i don't understand this hate. really guys if you like call of duty, and you want to play it then buy it or rent it. if you hate call of duty. FIrst, stop bitching about how the graphics sucks or not enough annotation, just stop. and second. if you don't want to play it then DON'T buy it; nobody is forcing to watch the trailers or buy the game.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
You know...it'll probably end up being fun, just like the other games in the series have been fun, in their stupid, mindless, never-ending repetitive die-and-shoot-someone-else-way. It's still a way to piss away a couple of hours.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I'll probably end up buying it and playing it for a hundred hours or so.

Should you? I don't know.

communist dwarf

Oct 17, 2011
The idea of a good CoD after 4 is laughably impossible. I have played the campaigns in all the Call of Duty(s) and I have yet to find one that is even half as good. If they can make a magic portal into the past to get around 4 years of copy paste bull, than I might give it a go for old times sake. But for now it looks to be another copy paste that is set in 2025 instead. If the campaign is anything near good than I will buy it because CoD 4 was the best shooter since HL2 came out originally.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Reaper195 said:
Doclector said:
Reaper195 said:
Doclector said:
"Treyarch ruined cod by making it halo!"
...people have been saying this? But...but no Treyarch game was even remotely similar to Halo aside from the general FPS gameplay. If anything, they made their CoD games more like CoD 4...
Yes, yes they have. I feel like I should make a farnsworth reference, maybe post that axe picture from american psycho, say something about letting loose the nukes and bringing it all to an end, but no, I have no words to describe how such people make me feel.
One can only hope these are just people trolling, and not actually serious (Which would simply proove they've played one of the other. Or neither.). And in the end, it doesn't matter. I see retarded comments on youtube videos, get momentarily annoyed, then go about living real life.

Valagetti said:
I'll pay $70 NZ,
Lol...wut? I think it's going to come out NZ (Assuming you mean New Zealand) at about a hundred and thirty. At least. That's how much the standard game was for console (110 for PC if I remember rightly) and MW3 came out 150 for everything. Either way....wooo! Another Kiwi!
Go to this website, this is where I buy all my games, for about a year now.
http://www.nzgameshop.com/pc-games/call-of-duty-9-black-ops-ii-2-game-pc

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
What's all this "support" bollocks? If it looks good (which it does) I'll get it, if not I won't. I'm not going to rush around to Treyarch HQ, make them tea and dole out the Chocolate Hobnobs just because they made a game I like.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Do what you want.
I'm not supporting it unless it gives me sufficient reason to support it, just like any other game.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Introducing Black Ops 2: Now with the most overpowered, unfun, and bullshit killstreaks ever. . .since you know, it's in the future, where the poor infantryman gets torn to shreds by a remote control drone 3 miles away being controlled by a bored 19 year old sitting in a shed somewhere in the drone's country of origin.

Yeah, not supporting it, not buying it. /movealong

Edit: Also . .. what the hell do you mean by support? I don't think the devs need any support in getting the thing copy&pasted and out to the ignorant people who buy it every year.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TheKasp said:
Dude... "Support"? I won't support it from my side but awakaning an actual boycot from a community does not work. It's CoD we're talking about. Not even NOTCH could get his fanidiots who figuratively worship him as a godfigure to stop buying this games. Call of Duty: Ponyriding Simulator would be a bestseller!

Pick your battles, man...
Did you read the OP?

He's not calling for a boycott. He's asking us if we should do exactly the opposite.

I don't know, I might get it eventually, my brother will get it so I'll see what it's like at his place before I decide.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Nobody will abandon COD. Even the massive league of COD haters go out and buy it. Fair play to Treyarch for actually having the initiative to change things up. There is no chance it is going to be a bad game, as COD is always fun whether you love it or hate it.