Shows which died before their time

Ikaruga33

Apr 10, 2011
rancher of monsters said:
Moral Orel, the final season was supposed to have twelve more episodes, but was canceled on account of being the darkest thing caught on film since WWII footage.

ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
"CLASS OF 3000 SING LA-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la."
"Funk what tell your grandma that we gotta THROW DOWN (AWWWW YEAAAH)"
"Hey hey hey Blob.Ya going down.the Wesley mob.Gown make ya frown."

Goodbye forever...
Awesome show, I don't know what Cartoon Network was thinking.

Its on the comedy channel now

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
I know its the obvious answer, but i'm still saying Firefly. Whoever cancelled it deserves some pain.

Varley

Mar 1, 2011
FlashForward! Cancelled at least one season too short so on the series finale it ended on a cliffhanger. So annoying considering I was looking forward to finding out who was behind it all.

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I seriously recommend everybody watch that show, it's awesome. Well, started a lot more awesome than it ended... but still, awesome.

The Big Boss

Apr 4, 2011
Angel, the spin-off from Buffy was cancelled before it's time but it did make for one epic final season. And in a way i think that Buffy itself was definitely before it's time. Buffy and Angel did what Twilight, Vampire Diaries and True Blood are doing now but it did it first and it did the BEST. It's a timeless classic and if it had been released now instead of the 90's it would have gotten much higher ratings..

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
MilleniuM

People either loved it or hated it - I was of the love it variety. It preceeded all the cop and CSI dramas by quite a few years, and was much darker (even compared to it's sister show X-Files).

So many questions left over . . . I'd love to see Carter finally get around to a movie wrapping the series up.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Can't really think of any. The Inbetweeners could of carried on for another season perhaps.

Rushview

Jun 18, 2008
Firefly
Stargate Universe
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Unit
Flash Forward (kinda)

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
KaBlam! springs to mind most readily. Its original run was troubled throughout, then it disappeared into the ether. Lots of anime too, most notably Angel Beats!, The Big O and Saint Seiya.

Having watched British TV all my life, I'm used to great programming ending exactly where it ought to, even if that's not a particularly large run. This appears to be a peculiarly British value judging by how many people from elsewhere (particularly Americans) bemoan the shortness of, for example, Spaced and The Young Ones.

Matter of fact, here's a small litmus test (bit of a tangent, I'll allow). Faulty Towers (12 episodes), The Young Ones (12), Bottom (18 plus stage shows), Father Ted (25), Spaced (14), Black Books (25). I reckon they all got the ending they deserved. Anyone disagree? Anyone think they fit right in with the general theme of this thread?

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Samurai Jack

Road Rovers

Animaniacs

Looney Toons

Tiny Toons

Batman Beyond

...lots of cartoons, I know, but I loved these.

pieguy259

Dec 25, 2008
Popular, the first show by Ryan Murphy (y'know, the Glee guy). Brilliant, subversive, cancelled right after a character got hit by a car. Nice work, The WB. Especially since you specifically said you were giving it another season.

anotherdaydown

\m/ O_o \m/
Mar 3, 2011
As already mentioned, Carnivale. I haven't started Deadwood yet because of the emptiness that is sure to follow...