Skyrim Bug Turned Chickens Into Informants

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Busard said:

That is all
I believe that is called "winning the thread", my good sir. Well played!

Anyways...I must say that's one heck of a bug. However I can't help thinking that the chickens are going, "That is revenge for what the Colonel did to us! VIVE LE REVOLUCCION!"

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Stupid chickens. Snitches get stitches. And get made into a sandwich. If the Legend of Zelda is any indication, chickens would make a terrifying elite guard for characters of any level.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
That's certainly fair. I mean, I kinda liked to hear that from them, but that is certainly valid too.

Also, fyi, Obsidian are probably the worst offenders.
Obsidian are infamous for bugs, however, if you're making that judgement based on New Vegas, Bethesda were more responsible for that than Obsidian (I made a post about that in response to someone else). Also, this is just my opinion, but the actual games that Obsidian make are better than Bethesda's, so good that I look right past the bugs and can actually forgive them for the bugs, Bethesda don't get that goodwill with me personally.

Jul 9, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
That's certainly fair. I mean, I kinda liked to hear that from them, but that is certainly valid too.

Also, fyi, Obsidian are probably the worst offenders.
Obsidian are infamous for bugs, however, if you're making that judgement based on New Vegas, Bethesda were more responsible for that than Obsidian (I made a post about that in response to someone else). Also, this is just my opinion, but the actual games that Obsidian make are better than Bethesda's, so good that I look right past the bugs and can actually forgive them for the bugs, Bethesda don't get that goodwill with me personally.
Again, fair. And I wasn't basing it on NV, but rather on the likes of Alpha Protocol and KotOR 2 (both of which I absolutely adore, and the latter of which really wasn't their fault).

I really do get your last point. I mean, I love Bethesda, but if their games were as buggy as Obsidian's, I'd never play them. Obsidian earned that with their awesome writing (Chris Avellone is amazing).

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Busard said:

That is all
That is now my display picture on MSN.

Thank you.

OT: This made me laugh, a fair bit. Sure, it woulda gotten old after a while, but it's a pretty funny bug, I must say.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
It doesn't matter how funny they are; bugs are still bugs.
You know that Street Fighters combo system was a result of a bug right? Just saying, not all bugs are bad.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Again, fair. And I wasn't basing it on NV, but rather on the likes of Alpha Protocol and KotOR 2 (both of which I absolutely adore, and the latter of which really wasn't their fault).
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Morrowind, but Oblivion and Fallout 3 just weren't exactly as enjoyable for me for various reasons. I'm hoping that Skyrim will be good, and I hope it will be a massive improvement over Oblivion, it's just that stuff like this doesn't encourage me to get behind Bethesda and laugh alongside them.

I really do get your last point. I mean, I love Bethesda, but if their games were as buggy as Obsidian's, I'd never play them. Obsidian earned that with their awesome writing (Chris Avellone is amazing).
Chris Avellone is great, but you can't forget about Eric Fenstermaker, John Gonzalez, J. E. Sawyer and most likely some other writers who I have unfortunately forgotten about.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
ChupathingyX said:
It doesn't matter how funny they are; bugs are still bugs.
You know that Street Fighters combo system was a result of a bug right? Just saying, not all bugs are bad.
If you look at one of my responses to another user who brought up the same example, you'll see my explanation.

Jul 9, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
Chris Avellone is great, but you can't forget about Eric Fenstermaker, John Gonzalez, J. E. Sawyer and most likely some other writers who I have unfortunately forgotten about.
Huh, never heard of them. I know Avellone was the lead writer of KotOR II from this [http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/] LP, and I loved the writing in KotOR 2, and Alpha Protocol had the same central theme (little events sparking much larger effects), so I think I sort of assumed he wrote everything of theirs XD.

I'll have to read up on those guys. What games did they write?

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Look at another bug in game history- WALKING in Diablo.
Yep.
Originally, you couldn't walk from NPC to NPC in the town. Lag or a glitch or something made it look like you could, and the publisher liked it or something. Forgot exactly.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Seem to recall 'spy chickens' in some Minecraft Let's Play that I watched a couple of months ago. How strange.

Nov 12, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
...Perhaps Bethesda itself could add it in as part of a DLC quest: a crazed wizard who has enchanted all the animals in a local village perhaps, or a strange daedric curse that has turned a family into poultry...
Yeah, a crazed wizard that goes by the name of "Lazy Coder the Terrible" and a curse that stands behind a definition of "Lackus Sleepus Programmicus" in a "Harvard's Digital Encyclopedia of Spells and Curses".

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Daniel_Rosamilia said:
Captcha: 0.27x titratio...
maybe it wants to discover perfect TNA...

OT: ok, so no more farm-robbery.
but that was my whole shtick!