Skyrim Bughunt

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
A dragon grabbed a mammoth and carried it 15 meters above it's head, presumably using his telekinetic abilities or something >.>

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
2 Extremely funny ones:

1) When you get married all the friends of your spouse come to the chapel, Well unfourtunately for me I killed one of them in the past. So I was pretty shocked when I saw the corpse of said friend on the floor at my wedding. Needless to say the guests weren't amused and abruptly told me to "Just leave." My soon to be spouse also asked me "How could you?" and left me. Wondering who carried the corpse from that cave from middle of nowhere to here I looted it and punched my wife in the face. Then I went to jail.

2) I was talking to Meridia (the Daedric prince who hates the undead), in a vision. He appeared as an orb of light. Everything went fine and dandy until the dragon music started to play, then in awe I watched as a dragon landed on the invisible plataform that i was standing on and started fighting the orb of light (and by fight i mean the dragon trying to eat the ball and the ball just rubbing against the dragon) . It went on for 2 minutes and then the orb of light seemingly won, and continued the conversation like nothing happened. After I was sent back to ground I wondered if he called me up only to boast with his dragon killing skills.

TLDR: Corpses teleporting to my weddings, Orbs of light killing dragons.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
JochemDude said:
I got launched into orbit by a giant.
I think that was one of the bugs that Bethesda said they'd leave in because it was funny, that's happened a lot.

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
A Weakgeek said:
When you get married all the friends of your spouse come to the chapel, Well unfourtunately for me I killed one of them in the past. So I was pretty shocked when I saw the corpse of said friend on the floor at my wedding. Needless to say the guests weren't amused and abruptly told me to "Just leave." My soon to be spouse also asked me "How could you?" and left me. Wondering who carried the corpse from that cave from middle of nowhere to here I looted it and punched my wife in the face. Then I went to jail.
Disappearing NPC's, floating horses, dropping dragon corpses... all standard stuff, Weakgeek - not to be outdone by his forum associates - invites a corpse to his wedding, loots it, punches his misses and gets arrested. Sounds like an episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Kudos, Weakgeek, made me laugh.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Giants launching me to the moon if they manage to get a killing blow is the most common one.

Some quests don't initiate properly and I needed to reload my save/autosave so that the quest(s) continue.

Npc's getting stuck in the enviorement when you have to follow them to a certain location.

My friend who has played more than me(finished the actual campaign),has encountered some bugs regarding the progression of the main quest where the NPC wouldn't continue his in game dialogue to continue the game so he needed to use the "homicide" tehnique to reset the NPC.

These are a few that I have encountered.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Does the the damn gui hating keyboard/mouse count? You click on something and it click on the thing previously highlighted...

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
Well. Theres the fact that the AI see me through walls errr The fact that I can super jump, the fact that 4 or 5 people will run into each other, collide and then get tangled, Always running, Mad amounts of enemies spawning, the large number of crashes, And the fact that the AI Is unbeatable and can see through walls and can survive 2 headshots. Oh wait that's S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Seriously the number of "Skyrim Bugs/glitches" threads is amassing slightly too fast for my liking. And honestly I don't see the point of them, now a "post your funniest glitch" thread is always nice. Everyone has a couple and Bethesda are certainly not without their fair share. Hell in fallout new vegas you could shoot enemies so fast and so hard that they were shot through walls. You could punch people in different rooms and watch yourself fly through the walls to go and hit them. People who are seriously like "Oh I can't believe they had this one bug on this one quest. It's totally unacceptable. They should take more time" Seriously need to learn some stuff about buggy games. >.> Half the time you should be saving in case it happens anyway. In mass games like this there's always going to be bugs.

But anyway I haven't got Skyrim yet. However I'm being told of some website where I can get it for cheap. Online for steam. While the developers get the same amount of money for the sale :eek: Doubt it's true but we'll see :eek:

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
TheBobmus said:
Beryl77 said:
I killed a guy and a mudcrab reported my crime but I killed it and my bounty was removed because all the witnesses are dead.
Geoffrey Harrell said:
i've had the game prematurely closing without warning a few times, but that only happens after a few hours of play. so i dunno, maybe a hardware problem? either way i'm not bothered to much by it.

edit: but are chicken supposed to be able to witness crime? i stabbed a chicken in the back, while sleathed, and still got a fine. the fine went away in a second becuase the only witness, the chicken, was now dead. soooooooo yeah?
In Skyrim, the animals keep the peace. Except the goats, goats too busy running.
Wait, wait. Wasn't that a bug they found out month before release, and said they fixed it? OR due to massive trolling of fans that said "Omg awesome bug hope it makes it in" they actually left it there?

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Anjel said:
A Weakgeek said:
When you get married all the friends of your spouse come to the chapel, Well unfourtunately for me I killed one of them in the past. So I was pretty shocked when I saw the corpse of said friend on the floor at my wedding. Needless to say the guests weren't amused and abruptly told me to "Just leave." My soon to be spouse also asked me "How could you?" and left me. Wondering who carried the corpse from that cave from middle of nowhere to here I looted it and punched my wife in the face. Then I went to jail.
Disappearing NPC's, floating horses, dropping dragon corpses... all standard stuff, Weakgeek - not to be outdone by his forum associates - invites a corpse to his wedding, loots it, punches his misses and gets arrested. Sounds like an episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Kudos, Weakgeek, made me laugh.
And you know, by all accounts that day wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't happened a second time when I asked the woman to give me another chance. You know that time, it really made me reflect on life and wish that my companion didn't jump infront of my blade swing and haunt me so ill never be happy. Well, atleast i found consolation in the fact that i wasn't alone.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6IGOomaaw[/link]

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Keava said:
TheBobmus said:
Beryl77 said:
I killed a guy and a mudcrab reported my crime but I killed it and my bounty was removed because all the witnesses are dead.
Geoffrey Harrell said:
i've had the game prematurely closing without warning a few times, but that only happens after a few hours of play. so i dunno, maybe a hardware problem? either way i'm not bothered to much by it.

edit: but are chicken supposed to be able to witness crime? i stabbed a chicken in the back, while sleathed, and still got a fine. the fine went away in a second becuase the only witness, the chicken, was now dead. soooooooo yeah?
In Skyrim, the animals keep the peace. Except the goats, goats too busy running.
Wait, wait. Wasn't that a bug they found out month before release, and said they fixed it? OR due to massive trolling of fans that said "Omg awesome bug hope it makes it in" they actually left it there?
Specifically, it was the chickens that were reporting your crimes. That was the glitch they found out a month ago. First chickens, now mudcrabs, before you know it the butterflies will be reporting your crimes.

Only game breaking bug I ran into was when I talked to that family in Riverwood after escaping the dragon attack at the start of the game. After I finished talking to the smith, I realized that I couldn't run anymore. I tried reloading the file and restarting the Xbox, but it did nothing.

Another bug, while not gaming breaking, it is immersion breaking. Sometimes when you get hit by arrows you can see the arrows sticking out of you, but they usually disappear after a few seconds. However there have been two times when the arrows did not disappear and their just sticking out of you the entire time.

The only other bugs I've encountered are some enemies, mostly mudcrabs, getting stuck underground, enemies getting launched forward a fair distance when killed, and the o so wonderful glitch where the giants launch you into orbit when they kill you with their clubs.

Rocyaic

Dec 14, 2009
I was beheaded by a fatality at the same I killed the guy. Somehow I survived, but my head did not. Now anytime I wear an open faced helmet or what have you, I have the stub of a neck and nothing else..

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
Zetatrain said:
Another bug, while not gaming breaking, it is immersion breaking. Sometimes when you get hit by arrows you can see the arrows sticking out of you, but they usually disappear after a few seconds. However there have been two times when the arrows did not disappear and their just sticking out of you the entire time.
I get this with icebolts sometimes as well... and they are biiiiig!

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
InterAirplay said:
Ruwrak said:
Except for the mainstory quest "Talk to Alvor" bugged out, not so much.
Though I wonder if the fluctuating difficulty is also a minor bug.
(I.e. the one moment im slaying dragons like a pro, the next moment a wolf looks at me and I instantly die =/ )
That's the levelling system. Many creatures level with you so they always present a challenge you can definetly overcome - the main quest is filled with these, for obvious reasons. The reason aforementioned wolves completely slay you is because they DON'T level with you, so they'll be powerful until you level high enough to take them on.

Still, the dragons WOULD be able to murder you faster, if only they spent more time trying to directly assault you, instead of swooping round self-conciously looking impressive.
You misunderstand. The point is, I actually got -killed- by a wolf in 2 swipes. I'm lvl 19 and I know my stuff (Elder scrolls vet, I know how the leveling system works, I know how the scaling works, I know how my skills work.) and that is why I find it so odd. One moment everything dies with a few swipes, the next moment (Can be the next -same name- enemy or even a lower ranked one) It is as if I am wearing newspaper for armor and am slapping them with a t-bone steak.

Because I'm known with the system and all that I find it very odd. In Oblivion (Broken leveling system as it was) I did not experience this. A minotaur would become a king minotaur at some point and a rat would impose teh same threat for me at lvl 1 as it would at lvl 10 or 50 (namely, no threat at all.. since it's a rat.)

See what I mean?

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
There are a shitton of graphical and animation glitches. I'm especially disappointed in the special kill animations, which more often than not just make my camera spaz out for a second while the guy I'm fighting effectively dies off screen. It's disorienting more than cool -- half the time it doesn't even look like my weapon hits them. There's also (still) massive problems with the path finding for NPCs. I was following that chick from the Blades to go fight a dragon and more than once she just randomly turned off the road and ran in place in front of a tree for a few seconds.

The only other one I've noticed is that it filed a mission I hadn't finished under the completed missions section, and it wouldn't even let me get my reward from the quest giver. It was only the first assignment from the Companions, and it's not stopping me from getting new quests from them, so it's not a big deal. But still kind of odd. It didn't even fill in the little diamond beside the last quest objective.

I still really wish I was home so I could play it some more...

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
there's this one dragon I met this morning on the southeast boarder that wouldn't attack no matter what. It was so close it was loading the fine textures and left shadows on the ground, but even taking fireball potshots wouldn't get its attention. It gave me dragon blue balls.