Skyrim Child Killing Mod

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Tbh it does break immersion to not be able to kill them, i wouldnt want to, but it does break immersion. Fallout one had the ability to kill kids i believe, the downside was that you got the 'child killer perk' which basically made the game impossible, I would want appropriate npc reactions to killing a child, no fines, no surrender, the guards would want to murder your ass, and they wouldnt stop at anything.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Samurai Silhouette said:
Oh, this is just the beginning. Just imagine the shitstorm when modders decide to involve nudity and sexytime with children.
I'm pretty sure that that goes against the rules for The Nexus, which is the primary repository for Bethesda (or in New Vegas' case, Obsidian) game mods.

Yep. Nexus Terms of Services [http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules]

Nexus sites have quite a liberal content policy on what files are acceptable on the site but there are still rules all uploaders must adhere to. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the file being removed from the site, the uploader?s account being banned and if necessary all the details of the uploader being passed on to relevant authorities:

[...]

-Any files that contain sexual images or reference of sexual acts with minors (people under the age of 18 or people who look under the age of 18)
I would not be surprised if other modding sites had the exact same clause in their ToS too.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I found that mod on a youtube video and put it on at once. I can't stand the annoying little bastards.

skullduggery

Jun 6, 2011
Man, I wish I could be graphically raped by a large Redguard when I get thrown in jail. For ya know...realism. Effing bethsoft.

Honestly, I don't know why so many snap at these kids, I usually just run by them without a second glance, but to each their own I guess.

Also, "immersion breaking" doesn't really work when you carry around 8 suits of plate armor and 14 great swords without even a backpack. Oh and your blade doesn't get stuck in the scabbard after sheathing it whilst coated in blood.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Amnestic said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
Oh, this is just the beginning. Just imagine the shitstorm when modders decide to involve nudity and sexytime with children.
I'm pretty sure that that goes against the rules for The Nexus, which is the primary repository for Bethesda (or in New Vegas' case, Obsidian) game mods.

Yep. Nexus Terms of Services [http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras§ion=boardrules]

Nexus sites have quite a liberal content policy on what files are acceptable on the site but there are still rules all uploaders must adhere to. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the file being removed from the site, the uploader?s account being banned and if necessary all the details of the uploader being passed on to relevant authorities:

[...]

-Any files that contain sexual images or reference of sexual acts with minors (people under the age of 18 or people who look under the age of 18)
I would not be surprised if other modding sites had the exact same clause in their ToS too.
This assuming that Nexus or other scrupulous sites are the only form of mod distribution.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
Dr.Helios said:
Wow, I am all of a sudden really disappointed in this community as well as the modding community, why on earth would you want to kill kids.

People say they are annoying and antagonistic, of course they are they're kids and kids are annoying, does that justify their death? I bet everyone who has commented so far bemoaning the lack of infanticide in this game was immensely more annoying than any kid in Skyrim.

If its an issue of immersion just remove them from the world with a console. To be honest I think there needs to be some kind of database list with the names of anyone who downloads this mod because to be quite frank it's sickening.

And before anyone says "oh it's just a game" you know some idiot is going to take it too far and take an axe to a real kid and Gaming will get blamed, because of this mod and its ilk.
You mean like the already happened multiple child murders? The hundreds and hundreds that happened before video games were even invented?

To say that allowing a game to kill kids will cause people to go murder others is total BS. I guarantee someone in the next 24 hours somewhere in this world will beat a child to death with some object and will have never played a fucking video game in their life.

There are legitimate sick fucks out there and they don't need instructions from a game. If someone does murder a little kid with an axe and blames Skyrim's child killing mod, I think he was going to do it anyway and would have blamed something else in a feeble attempt to justify it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Samurai Silhouette said:
This assuming that Nexus or other scrupulous sites are the only form of mod distribution.
You used the term 'modders' which implied - to me at least - the modding community as a whole. The Nexus sites are a central part of the TES/FO modding scene. Without them, such a mod would be on the fringe at best.

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
urprobablyright said:
erto101 said:
Let me see if I get this right. It's not okay wanting to kill a kid in real life therefore not okay in a game. But it's perfectly alright to join the Dark Brotherhood? That's just silly. By that logic it's cool if you want to kill someone as long as they are adults.

I will not download that mod but if someone feels like getting it, either added realism or just punching the face of some poor kid, then by all means be my guest

What?

Edit:

I didn't say anything about the Dark Brotherhood. And I have no interest in people saying "Well then why is it okay to kill adults?" That's the most half-assed attempt at coming up with a counter-argument possible.

As an answer to this, the game is meant to incorporate adult conflict, both with humans and non-humans, and that is one of the things I play TES games for. It's not meant to incorporate child abuse, and it shouldn't.
If your argument against killing children is based upon my moral standings, then it's no where near "half-assed" to use the same argument against a "common" murder. Killing a child is not "more" wrong than killing an adult!
It seems like it basicly comes down to this: Killing a child is wrong and therefore you shouldn't be able to do that. Call it child abuse if you wish, it doesn't change anything. A murder is a murder no matter the age of the victim.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Monoochrom said:
Don't bother quoting, I'm not going to respond, anyone arguing pro child murder just isn't worth my time.
Too bad, I'm going to do it anyway.

Anyone equating child death in a game to real child murder should probably look into getting a job at Fox News. You do a disservice to all the real children who die at the hands of real monsters by doing so.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Amnestic said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
You used the term 'modders' which implied - to me at least - the modding community as a whole. The Nexus sites are a central part of the TES/FO modding scene. Without them, such a mod would be on the fringe at best.
Unless it ends up on the secret hacking site everyone knows about or ED.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Monoochrom said:
I really don't see the point. For some reason however I am not surprised at all that plenty of Escapists like this idea...anyway, I think it's stupid, but freaks gonna be freaks, might aswell just let them.

Don't bother quoting, I'm not going to respond, anyone arguing pro child murder just isn't worth my time.
Then....why post in this particular thread in the first place? I mean for one thing you had to waste all that time getting off your high horse to reach the keyboard.
(This is assuming that your horse is in front of a desktop rather than you sitting on the horse with a laptop)

That's right, I quoted.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Samurai Silhouette said:
Amnestic said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
Even then, only a few fringe users would likely bother clicking on it, nevermind actually downloading and installing it for use. You start painting a community by its fringe minority and you start down a very slippery slope.

Nohra

Aug 9, 2008
Fun fact. Nobody complained that you could kill children in Deus Ex or the original Fallout.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
To the people whining that we don't even get a "slap the brat" button or whatever: uh... YEAH, you do. It's called "unarmed attacks." Put your weapon away and you can punch the child with your fists. They react by running away and crying for help, and people get angry with you JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE! That's what happens when you hurt a child, ESPECIALLY another person's child!

At least we know who would make terrible parents from this topic. Seriously, am I the ONLY 22-year-old male who actually LIKES kids?

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Okay that video was hilarious.

Also, am I the only one whose a little more concerned we don't see little orks, argonians, khajits or any of the elves running around. I dunno, it just seemes weird there are only human children in this game.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
JOE COOL said:
Okay that video was hilarious.

Also, am I the only one whose a little more concerned we don't see little orks, argonians, khajits or any of the elves running around. I dunno, it just seemes weird there are only human children in this game.
Here is the real problem. Racial segregation in Skyrim. Tsk Tsk. You people should be ashamed
lol awesome post man
jk btw

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Amnestic said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
Amnestic said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
Even then, only a few fringe users would likely bother clicking on it, nevermind actually downloading and installing it for use. You start painting a community by its fringe minority and you start down a very slippery slope.
I bet it's really hard for you to find hallmark cards because your occasions are too specific. Seriously, I'm not going to politically correct myself because someone wants to get defensive.

1. Modders make child killing mod
2. Semi shitstorm over said mod
3. Modders make child molestation mod
4. Someone's mom hears about it
5. Fox News profits

Also
Modder:
Modding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modding

Modding is a slang expression that is derived from the verb "modify". Modding refers to the act of modifying a piece of hardware or software or anything else for that matter, to perform a function not originally conceived or intended by the designer. The term modding is often used within the computer game community, particularly in regard to creating new or altered content and sharing that via the web.

Now, stop being nitpicky.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Samurai Silhouette said:
Now, stop being nitpicky.
*shrug* If you think 'disagreeing with your premise' is being nitpicky, then that's you prerogative I guess.