Skyrim Legalizes Gay Marriage

Aug 25, 2011
F said:
I figure my partner will get eaten by a dragon as soon as we step into the wilderness.
I'm terrible with this kind of thing :p There have been far too many occasions in Fable II when I have led my husbands to their doom, not realising they had decided to tag along with me for my journey into the depths of some dangerous cave...

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
How to do get someone to marry you? Will there be purely gay, purely straight, and bi peoople? How common will each type of person be? Will there be any homophobes? Just wondering if they are planning on going in depth with marriage politics.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well good. It's not like you can't bunk with people of the same gender IRL if you want to, so an open world RPG - that choose to include a relationship feature - should certainly have that option available as well.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Rylot said:
I wonder when polygamy will be allowed in a game. I'm not a fan of it irl but I'd be curious how that'd play out in a game.
It was allowed in Fable (at least II and III)
True, true. I guess I meant an openly polygamous marriage instead of having to hide your families from each other and getting black mailed for it. Could you do that in Fable III? Balls, I can't remember.

Apr 28, 2008
Kalezian said:
OT: This is great and all, but what I am wondering about is will the NPC's have built relationships that we can fuck up with a well placed backstab?
Well, evidently you can kill an NPC's family and he/she could come after you, Inigo Montoya style, so hopefully yes.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Rylot said:
artanis_neravar said:
Rylot said:
I wonder when polygamy will be allowed in a game. I'm not a fan of it irl but I'd be curious how that'd play out in a game.
It was allowed in Fable (at least II and III)
True, true. I guess I meant an openly polygamous marriage instead of having to hide your families from each other and getting black mailed for it. Could you do that in Fable III? Balls, I can't remember.
Oh well then, no I don't believe so

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Huh. Shouldn't be too hard to mod out for the conservative half of the nation...

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
F said:
I figure my partner will get eaten by a dragon as soon as we step into the wilderness.
And then you have more of a motive to kill Dragons.

OT:I may just make my character gay for the hell of it. A Nord marrying a giant ass Orc?

No one fucks with that gay couple.

Edit: I wouldn't even mind if some NPC's hate gay marriage. It would add a little extra life into the world.

Have it so that the Elf races are completely fine with it, that they barely even recognize gender, and that the human races are 50/50

MCrewdson001

Jul 4, 2011
whether i use these options or not it's nice to have a partner who will do more than clutter up your place, e.g. fable

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Deathfish15 said:
Why does there even need to be marriage in Skyrim to begin with? In Oblivion you were a lone wolf hero. Sure, you could own houses, towers, and kingdoms, but it doesn't make sense to tag along a wife or husband (or now "partner") into keeps to only attract more vampires and undead.
Immersion options, really. You could do everything but be part of society. This is simply another option that helps connect you to the world or... Just don't do it. *shrugs* Why does there need to be a fuss about it?

As for the OT, I like how it isn't a big deal. Very awesome, the great ones make it look easy, ya know? I just hope I can have some bromance, I don't want my buddy in arms thinking he has a chance with me. XD

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Very handy to come out with this announcement now. :p

Regarding the whole shitstorm that's apparently going on somewhere over SW:TOR not having gay romances...

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
F said:
I smell personal revenge motivation. You're at least going to want the wedding ring back so you can marry someone else.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Awesome - my lovely Bosmer fem can settle down with another fem if she so wishes? I don't think I'll be taking my Wifey out much though - thar be dragons!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Suddenly I'm seized by the desire to create an uptight neatnik Khajiit named Felix, and have him move in with a laid-back, slovenly Argonian named Ahskaar.

Hijinks would certainly ensue. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Odd_Couple]

But yeah, having a trustworthy companion along would be nice... so long as the AI has been upgraded and they no longer rush into vampire dens with naught but a silver dagger and a warcry.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
F said:
And then you have more of a motive to kill Dragons.

OT:I may just make my character gay for the hell of it. A Nord marrying a giant ass Orc?

No one fucks with that gay couple.
This is the best plan... marry someone who can rage it in battle not some puny wood elf

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Wait, you can marry people in that game? Didn't know that.

Doesn't surprise me. New Vegas treated sexuality so casually and without prejudice that it seems logical that Bethesda doesn't care who you marry. Now all they need to do is let you adopt a dog... and then marry the dog (haha, I kid).