Skyrim Mods That Need to Exist

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Sorry for making another Skyrim thread, but apparently "Search Forums" isn't working right now and I haven't seen a thread like this so far.

So.

I feel the title's pretty self-explanatory. What mods need to be made? (Bitchslaps to the smartass who posts "something to make it playable.")

As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be a mod that makes one of your Shouts sound like this.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
As weird as this sounds, one that makes you level up more slowly.

Really, the highlight of my gaming was when I was pinching septims and working the woodcutting. Now I'm level 38 and I have rather too much money.

Also, like Yahtzee said in the credits to his review, a hardcore survival mode. MAKE me use that food, please! I'll love the game more if this happens and will cheer me up immensely, since what I would actually like a game when it's basically a Sim game of life in Skyrim when you're a traveller and trying to earn your keep. YES I HAVE STRANGE DESIRES!

Calumon: Can they take out the violence so Jack will let me play it? : (

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
Also, like Yahtzee said in the credits to his review, a hardcore survival mode. MAKE me use that food, please! I'll love the game more if this happens and will cheer me up immensely, since what I would actually like a game when it's basically a Sim game of life in Skyrim when you're a traveller and trying to earn your keep. YES I HAVE STRANGE DESIRES!
That's actually a pretty great idea. Send it in to Bethesda or any Modders willing to give it a try.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Jack and Calumon said:

Really, the highlight of my gaming was when I was pinching septims and working the woodcutting. Now I'm level 38 and I have rather too much money.

As a Bosmer, I find the consumption of any vegetables and fruit an insult... I am strictly carnivorous. Plus, I eat my dead enemies. Yes, there is such a thing in Skyrim.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
This is a far off idea, but a dragon breeding, raising mod would be nice.

Donald Kindy

Nov 27, 2011
well, i would like to see a mod that helps manage multiple characters. skyrim made it more a pain in the ass then ever.

Psycho78

Jan 12, 2011
Dark Nights
Brighter Torches
Better PC interface, more minimal
Better Inventory
Horseback Combat
Companions on Horses
Timid Horses
Hardcore Mode like Fallout New Vegas

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
Jack and Calumon said:

They had a mod like this for Oblivion. I'm sure they'd make on for Skyrim.

Also, like Yahtzee said in the credits to his review, a hardcore survival mode. MAKE me use that food, please! I'll love the game more if this happens and will cheer me up immensely, since what I would actually like a game when it's basically a Sim game of life in Skyrim when you're a traveller and trying to earn your keep. YES I HAVE STRANGE DESIRES!(
Yeah, what happened to Hardcore mode? I thought that that would have fit right in. In fact, (I might be imagining this), but when they were drip-feeding Skyrim info, I swear they mentioned it.
Your desire is not strange, least, not to me. Let us share this desire and be...strange.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Werecrocs. Because no matter how much I rationalize it with 'A Wizard Did It' I can't get over the whole argonian turning into a mammal.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Like I said in the other thread about this, I want to be able to feed on animals as a werewolf so I can go hunting deer in my beast form for the roleplaying.

Also I want to be able to drink the blood of corpses as a vampire because why the hell not?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
Jack and Calumon said:

As a Bosmer, I find the consumption of any vegetables and fruit an insult... I am strictly carnivorous. Plus, I eat my dead enemies. Yes, there is such a thing in Skyrim.
You being strictly carnivorousness isn't a problem. It's just harder for you to get food, while I just pick all these crops and no-one gives a fuck if I take them and make them into a tasty stew.

Yeah, I can actually see the mod right now. Crops used as ingredients and alone, they fill you up minuscule amounts, but cooked into a soup/stew/just cooked they fill you up greatly, while meat does the same, but with a danger of some disease that lowers stamina for eating raw meat. Sweet Jesus, Bethesda, release the creation kit as soon as I've upgraded my rig, these fucking ideas!

Calumon: No, you spend too much time playing it! Don't ignore me by going off and trying to make it better for you to play it! : (

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/462397-total-realism-overhaul/

There ye are

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
seydaman said:
Jack and Calumon said:

There ye are
And now I really wish I had a gaming computer.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
"Bard expansion pack". Player-based barding is completely optional, but I want pauses inside songs either removed or severely shortened. Also a wider variety of bard songs, all in the style of the game. I at least want to hear "bardified" versions of these in the taverns:

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
seydaman said:
Jack and Calumon said:

There ye are
I want a PS3 patch for this idea, really. :\ dammit.

Sep 14, 2009
boag said:
This is a far off idea, but a dragon breeding, raising mod would be nice.
it'll happen..it better happen..

i want my damn pet dragon to quest with me and burn down my foes with swooping flamethrower abilities!

OT: honestly i love skyrim just the way it is..but obviously it could use maybe some additions to the "holds", a couple of them feel more like a small village than an actual town/up and coming city.