Skyrim Mods You Want to See

ChadSexington

Apr 14, 2011
I'd really like a mod which lets you form and operate a bandit group. You'd add trading caravans to the game (to raid), you could take over a fort to use for yourself, fight soldiers and maybe even raid small villages. It would operate in a similar way to the guild, perhaps with a quest line involving bribery, death threats and just generally running your group. There could be people trying to take power away from you or something and if you're too successful the hold you're based in would try to wipe you out. I want this for role playing purposes.

Also I quite like silly mods, in my game I can use tomatoes as soul gems, dogs have eyebrows, mud crabs wear top hats and monocles, I can turn people into chickens and I can use lollipops as weapons. So things like that I guess.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Martijn Nijkeuter said:
Destructible objects: similar to the barricades in game, when houses, trees, fences and tons of other objects take to much damage they show it in tiers. Small items can get destroyed this way. Large objects/structures get gradually repaired by npc's as long as there's at least 1 good house around.

Carpentry and Masonry+: use wood,stones and other materials to create a ton of different objects.
For example: wood + animal skin = tanning rack, and to the extreme that you can build houses. (though have to build the walls, supports, roof etc one at a time and it takes up game time)

Green thumbs:
Trees, plants and shrubs of all kind drop seeds as well. You can use the seeds to let plants/trees grow on specified places. includes ways to remove existing plants/trees as well.

Bit minecraft/terraria esque, but could work very nicely :D
Not going to work, at least on with this engine.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
-Child mortality
-Hardcore mode
-Fallout-ish quests. (I.e. Your choices actually affect something)

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Saulkar said:
Remodeled digitigrade Argonian and Khajiit bodies (the heads are fucking awesome) with some sex minigames to go with it all. What? I am not afraid of voicing my inner deviancies. Maybe you should look at your inner self and ask why you are afraid to admit your own culturally unacceptable distinctions. XD
While I am not keen on digitigrade legs (there is a reason bipedal species don't have them anymore!), I'm all with you on the sexual content. What? I'm a furry and a lower-echelon pervert...get over it*.

Wardy
* Actually, if you were to browse my art gallery you'd find, compared to some of the sick and twisted fckers out there, I am postively vanilla!

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
While it's a big ask, I would like more class options that

Warrior, (Melee/Ranged, I suppose)
Mage,
Rouge,

Spell-Sword,
Mage-Theif,
SellSword,

All 'rounder.

If there was a fourth base class, that would really open up the options.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Thee Lost One said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
No more level scaling, with level indicators when you enter a new area.

Overhauled and badass looking inventory.

New high quality quests.
Scaling in this game works in tiers, and mobs stop scaling alltogether at level 53, and it's only dragons that break that level 50. Those last 30 levels just let you widen the gap.

Giants and mammoths are level locked at the mid-late 30's. There is really no reason to dislike Skyrim's level scaling since it does it in tiers. Honestly, if you spend some time to up your smithing and skills you can totally render the scalling moot all together if you know what you're doing.
Why should I have to waste time trying to break the game's already broken difficulty when they should have ya'know, just not made it so broken in the first place.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Hmm, something that lets me dual wield two handed weapons. Obviously not just a flat change to letting you use one in each hand but maybe after a quest chain leading you across the land you get the ability to do it, maybe the reward at the end is some gauntlets with an enchantment on them to let you use them. Aside from that then just more stuff in general, stuff like weapons, armour, monsters, quests, all that kind of stuff.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Bug fixes, for the love of GOD, BUG FIXES! Just pleas fix some of the bugs that are majorly game breaking, for me?

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
More follower commands:

"You're in my fucking way".
"Don't step on the fucking pressure plate, retard"
"Stop randomly yakking when someone's talking to me about a quest. I only get to hear this shit once"
"I told you not to step on the fucking pressure plate, retard."
"Don't be like that about carrying my burdens, or I'm going to load you down with so much steel armour, I will use your knees for bone meal"

Or words to that effect. I had to reload a save earlier when I was backed into a small cave, and asking the follower to move only brought her closer to me.

Thee Lost One

May 26, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Yeah, no, fuck that. This is the kind of shit I am talking about. Once again, to make the game balanced, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and carefully level irrelevant skills to make sure you dont fuck up and make the game too easy/too hard.

You would have thought they would learn out of the fuck up that was Oblivion, but no.

Skyrims level scaling absolutely fucked me over on one of my characters, making the game almost unplayable, while on one of my other characters, the game is a stroll in the park even on Expert difficulty. They just need to drop level scaling entirely.
You don't NEED to level those " irrelevant" skills, or jump through hoops, you could choose to instead just arm up and go running through the game as you are at level freaking one. You aren't forced to level up, or upgrade, not once.

I upped my skills enough to level up 5 times before I actually went to level up when I started my latest character, and I felled 4 mammoths, 6 giants, 3 dragons, two of the Gaulder brothers, and yngwol's Shade before I leveled up. Not because of awesome gear or nothing, but because I used what I had and knew how to play.

Considering they essentially overhauled everything system wise in Skyrim, for them to try and remove the scaling all together would be another massive timesink in production and risk on gameplay they couldn't afford with all the other changes they made, so take a moment and be happy we have what we do.

Finally, Scaling is there to show a sense of growth not just for you, but for the world as it's inhabitants try and rise to meet your growing power, even if you just totally outstrip them at level beyond 50.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Ones avaliable on 360 would be nice.
But seriously I'd like someone to make some short swords. Not sure why but it really bugs me that there's no middle ground between longswords and daggers.