Skyrim Mods You Want to See

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Environmental Damage(Such as in U7 Serpents Isle) IE if you go swimming in the northern sea, unless you have a pretty hefty cold resistance you're going to die. If you go running around in a blizzard for long enough the same happens unless you're wearing a bunch of fur cloaks to keep yourself warm. Not sure if there's even a place like this in Skyrim but in a dungeon that might have lava ect, you would have to go light on the armor or face heat exhaustion/stroke. Could also add in mud that slows down movement during rain, and snow shoes that can increase it in the snow.

Factions on the 'other side' that are joinable and have equally well done quests. Eg - you can join the Penitus Oculatus and go on an extended series of quests like every other faction. Similarly I'd like to be able to work for the Silver Hand against the companions guild, working for the Aldmeri against the college of winterhold, maybe forming a new guild with Mjoll to combat the thieves guild. Anything to give me some real choice.

Spartan1362 said:
-Child mortality
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=774

creonto

Feb 16, 2011
Varrdy said:
While I am not keen on digitigrade legs (there is a reason bipedal species don't have them anymore!)
im fairly sure the reason we dont have digitigrade legs is that our feet evolved from the monkeys hand-feet. naturally it is easier to walk on your palm than your fingertips. if we had evolved from something with real feet on their legs we would doubtless have digitigrade legs. we would then be able to walk more quietly, faster, and more efficiently; plus, we wouldn't have the back problems brought on bye the concussion travelling up our legs through our heels

|Sith|Eldarion

Nov 14, 2011
I'd like to see bound shields and armor, as well as some better upgrades for such things. There could be a perk that increases the effectiveness of bound items, so if you put one point into it they turned fine, another point they would turn superior, and so on. Oh, and I'd like to change the skin of my bound stuff, so I could have my sword look like glass, or steel, rather than just daedric.

I'd also like to have some elemental resistance spells. It's a common problem that my mage gets demolished by dragons, and wards aren't the easiest things to use in the heat of battle.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
brainslurper said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
two words

Dragon Transformations

pretty much explains it self :D
Interesting idea, probably not possible.
i bet it is, since that tool set is out now :)
I have been using it since it was released. What you want is simply impossible, unless they are very small, humanoid dragons.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
What they NEED to do is to make some changes to the magic system to actually make it effective to use during later levels.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
someone may have posted this already, but i would like to see an adventurer killer/guard maker mod.

the game plays exactly the same, but if you take an arrow to the knee, your character immediately blacks out and wakes up in the nearest village. all your armor and weapons are taken away and replaced with basic guard armor, an iron sward, and a bow. all of which cannot be unequipped or sold.
you are free to walk around your new village home, but you can never leave. :-D

Feb 26, 2011
I want to see a mod that re-tools the shout system, so you can use multiple Shouts in a row. Maybe make it so Shouting drains some of your Stamina instead of having a cool-down meter.

I'd also like to be able to use the Thane-excuse to get out of crimes multiple times. Mabye like once a day or week or something.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I want to see animal corpses change into a skinned version when you "loot" their pelt.

Honestly I would like it to be more like red dead redemption. Its kind of jarring to pick up a pelt from a dead animal like it was carrying it around in a bag.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
ianeddy44 said:
Fijiman said:
I want to see mods for Skyrim that are available for the consoles.
This is extremely unlikely. First of all, mods can significantly affect game performance/handling, and console versions are very specifically tailored to consoles )this is why ports are often shitty). Also, I doubt that Sony/Microsoft would like having unknown third-party software thrown into the mix. Especially Microsoft. They wouldn't allow a Steam connection with Portal 2, so I highly doubt they would let Bethesda open up any kind of mod-support. Maybe they can be convinced if the mods are released in some kind of "popular mods" pack on the XBL Marketplace or on PSN (SEN?). For example, it would be similar to frequent and player-made DLC packs. They would likely be compensated, and perhaps be selected through a kind of contest or voting.

Modding on consoles is a tricky business, because by nature and by ancestry, consoles are rooted in the use of "proprietary" hardware and software, otherwise people would use them just like computers (this is why Sony hates it when people hack their PS3s), and any breach of that proprietary business model could represent, to them, a threat to their control of their console's proprietary "integrity."
I know you're trying to be nice, but the lecture was not necessary. I already knew that the chances of some of the awesome mods that are available for the computer versions of games becoming available for their console counterparts is about as good as my chances of being able to fly to the surface of the sun and living. At times it's that fact that makes me wish I had a computer that I had a computer for gaming, but for the most part I'm content with my Xbox. And besides, we were asked what mods for Skyrim we would like to see, not what mods actually have a chance of being made.

And sorry if this seems a bit snappish, I'm typing this after 1AM so I'm tired and it also doesn't help that I already felt like beating the living crap out of something.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
This, I just want this. But I also want more traditional western fantasy magic, arcane type stuff, instead of just flames, frost and lightning.

Trull

Nov 12, 2010
EGtodd09 said:
... flames, frost and lightning.
I KNOW RIGHT. Do I look like legendary birds?
I'd like some dark magicka all up in dis playaaa

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
I'm most keen for the things that should have originally been in the game, like the ability to block with a one handed weapon if you have something in your other hand, the ability to combine two different spells etc.

It would also be cool if somebody did a (good) quest (chain?) mod that didn't rely on map counters and compass points. I loved how morrowind forced the gamers to explore, I really don't like how they've made these games simpler (yeah I know it could be brutally frustrating but it also gave an awesome sense of adventure).

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Don't have the PC version of Skyrim, but I'd consider getting it if you could visit Cyrodiil, Morrowind and Daggerfall.

And you could get Batman armor. Man that'd be awesome.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Well the Daedra Princes like screwing over the mortal races so how about a mod to screw over them over. We can already do that with Azura's Star, and that was so incredibly satisfying, but we need to corrupt/purify each artifact. Now there are bound to be consequences, murderous cultists and the like and probably find more dremora are gunning for your head but just think of the expression on Mehrune Dagon's face when you purify his instakill dagger into a healing shiv.