Skyrim Patch Makes Dragons Fly Backwards

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Keava said:
Step 1. - Release CK already.
Step 2. - Modders fix the bugs themselves, as they did with Fallout and Oblivion.
Step 3. - Find a way to give mods to console users... or maybe just let them suffer for sake of fairness.
Step 4. - Everyone is happy.

It's all about having CK. We got it with Oblivion day before release... why it takes so long with Skyrim.
They might pull a bait and switch like what happened with Empire Total War or Dragon Age 2. Promise a CK and then later redact the statement and declare anyone who says otherwise a liar.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Okay, Bethesda, you know we love you guys right? You make some really great games, but my god they are broken as shit. How do you fuck up your patches this bad? Jesus titty-fucking Christ, we're not asking for a game of this size and complexity to be perfectly bug free. We're just asking for it to be playable!

DarkTenka

Apr 7, 2010
Keava said:
Step 2. - Modders fix the bugs themselves, as they did with Fallout and Oblivion.
Step 3. - Find a way to give mods to console users... or maybe just let them suffer for sake of fairness.

It's all about having CK. We got it with Oblivion day before release... why it takes so long with Skyrim.
QFT

also .. @ OP

Does this mean the dragons can fart fire!?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Irridium said:
Wish I would have known all this before I updated. Now I have a fucked Skyrim.

How do they keep getting away by releasing straight up broken crap like this? Yeah, big game, hard to find everything, blah blah blah. But I'm not asking for EVERYTHING to be perfect. I'm asking for the game to be functional and not completely broken.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
To be honest, this is how I expected Skyrim to be at release.

Bethesda is making up for Skyrim being their least buggiest game on release, I guess.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Keava said:

They might pull a bait and switch like what happened with Empire Total War or Dragon Age 2. Promise a CK and then later redact the statement and declare anyone who says otherwise a liar.
I doubt the Bethesda offices could withstand the army of a million pissed-off fans armed with home-made daedric weaponry and all accompanied by women named "Lydia", that would descend upon them.

On topic however, I'm going to keep steam in offline mode until they patch the patch.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Posted this in another topic but this one seems more active so I will repost.

I am on a PS3. In 40+ hours gameplay I had one freeze. After the patch I have played for 5 hours and I have had 7 freezes. I was on a dedric quest and it was not working even when I completed objectives.

I was unable to activate buttons, switches and levers and I could no longer buy and sell stuff as when I ask to see what someone has to sell the menu does not appear.

And the lag is still there.

And I cannot absorb dragon souls.

And I am a pure mage character so the no magic resistance and armor raiting is killing me.

But I have not seen any backwards dragons.

The people working at Bethesda must be a special kind of stupid to release a patch that not only does not fix what they set out to fix but also break the game in a whole load of new ways that actually make it even more unplayable than before.

Bethesda GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Game of the Year, folks.

Seriously, Skyrim is a great game. It is. But I really get bothered that so many of their games are plagued with, at times, GAME BREAKING bugs and they, of all developers, are allowed to get away with it with only a few slaps on the wrist, and almost zero criticism from journalists (all those perfect scores certainly didn't help).

If it was a game by any other name, by any other developer, like a new company or, even better, a hated company, I can only imagine things would be different.

I guess laser-shouting at dragons (even the backward-flying kind) goes a long way.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
I, on the other hand, am still playing the release version, and not having any trouble whatsoever.
HAH!

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If they shoot fire from their rears, it'll be as if that one guy who wanted butt shouts predicted the future.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
They still need to fix the hanging display plaque glitch. I can't activate the ones in my shiny new Solitude house and I know there have been a load of players with the same problem, and people report the same with the mannequins. Saw the patch and got really excited, but it's still there. Looks like I'll have to wait a little while longer to display all my awesome gear.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Found it!

http://thenazzaro.blogspot.com/2011/11/skyrim-again_28.html

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Gotta love Bethesda. First they release a game with a hefty amount of bugs and glitches, then when that isn't enough they have to go and make MORE!

Seriously, why are people saying this is Game of the Year again? Doesn't a game have to be, you know, complete for it to qualify? Or at the very least be playable for an extended period of time?

This just shows how much of a better choice it was to get Skyward Sword over this game...