Skyrim spawns a meme.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I put a stop to all the arrow to the knee comments, until I took an arrow to the knee.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I wasn't even going to post in this thread, then I took an arrow to the knee ;_;

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee." I have seen this everywhere the last couple of days ALL OVER You Tube. not just on Skyrim related videos everything. I'm really surprised honestly that its caught on like it has. Seen an particular variation that you thought was funny? Why do you think this happened.

I have never been a fan of memes but its weird to see one in action. I'm just happy cats arnt involved.

EDIT: I'm not moaning about it. also if you like memes thats fine im just not a big fan of them.

People are getting all irate telling me the internet is not the place for me if i dont like memes or whatever its just intriguing to me. i was just wondering what everyone else thought.
Yep. It's taken on the same sort of meme-status as "Stop right there, criminal scum!" did, albeit without the same sense of camp. Fus-roh-da is a pretty prominent Skyrim meme, too. There's a good montage of Youtube clips using it.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee." I have seen this everywhere the last couple of days ALL OVER You Tube. not just on Skyrim related videos everything. I'm really surprised honestly that its caught on like it has. Seen an particular variation that you thought was funny? Why do you think this happened.

I have never been a fan of memes but its weird to see one in action. I'm just happy cats arnt involved.

EDIT: I'm not moaning about it. also if you like memes thats fine im just not a big fan of them.

People are getting all irate telling me the internet is not the place for me if i dont like memes or whatever its just intriguing to me. i was just wondering what everyone else thought.
I'm the Dragonborn, and this is my favorite meme in Tamriel.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
JupiterBase said:
Well shit, now that you've said it, you know it's coming. Cats find their way into everything.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
It has to be the fastest meme I've seen go from start to unfunny. Christ, it wasn't even a funny quote to start with. Now no one will stop fucking saying it.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
God dammit escapists, I thought you where past all this caring about meme's business. But you all had to go and take an arrow to the knee.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I thought this one was really funny.

Yeah, it's pony related. Yeah, that probably has a lot to do with why I think it's funny. No, I don't give a fuck if you're about to accuse me of "flooding the forums with pony shit."

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
JupiterBase said:
Headdrivehardscrew said:
JupiterBase said:
snip
I thinks its more about why people are online. Most people use the internet outta of boredom and instead of say researching Einsteins essays on yadda yadda they go watch YouTube videos or surf forums like we are doing cracking jokes and bs with people.
Aye, no flaw in your theory there. But if I run the risk of being number ten million in an army of retards repeating the same thing over and over again, am I not a lazy and stupid lump of meat?

Oh, it's called meme. I get it. Everything's alright then.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008

Lots of Skyrim memes about. A quick google search will pull up some fairly funny ones. This isn't one of them. But it is a meme.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I play WOW and half of the guild are anti Skyrim. So we use it a lot to annoy them.

The last time I used it I told a really bad joke and then said 'I used to be funny like you but then I took an arrow to the knee.' :(

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
You know whats the problem with Skyrim these days? Everyone is obsessed with memes.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Let me look at your face. you are the one from my dreams. Then the stars were right, and this is the day!

Best chat up line ever.

Vhite said:
You know whats the problem with Skyrim these days? Everyone is obsessed with memes.
Bwahahaha.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
I never asked for this. But someone stole my sweetroll then when I was chasing them I took an arrow to the knee.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
I honestly believe the reason it is so popular is oblivion guards,when skyrim came along people went looking for a new meme in the guards, and i'm quite sure Bethesda wasn't completely oblivion-er oblivious to what they were trying to restart.
It's not only arrow in the knee jokes, on memebase theirs a group of jokes called "Skyrim Stan"
memes include things like: "save game, kill everything." with a picture of a Nord in the middle.
or my favorite :see giants for first time, become part of Nordic space program.".
Anywho i love the Skyrim jokes on YouTube its better then the alternative "99 ppl are so and so....".

To me the fact that Skyrim is being used as a meme on YouTube of all places just gives me +40 nerd points.