Skyrim spawns a meme.

Siegfried Raybrandt

Jul 3, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
I got to thinking, maybe I'm the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet?

Also, anyone noticed how in the start of Fallout 3 a guy tried to steal your Sweetroll
and now the guards keep asking you if someone stole it?
Bethesda, you crafty bastards.
You sir have won the universe. I bow before thee for thine humor

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
I was going to make a new arrow in the knee meme, but then i took an arrow to the knee

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
It really isn't funny, but I think Skyrim fans just think it's an inside joke between them.

I'm not tired of seeing it everywhere, but I never thought it was funny or interesting.

PhantomEcho

Nov 25, 2011
What kills me about the 'arrow to the knee' bit with the guards... is that EVERY GUARD IN THE GAME used to be some great adventurer... but then he/she got hobbled... so some genius said 'Hey! Let's take all these crippled jackasses who failed at adventuring and recruit them to defend the city!'

"STOP RIGHT THERE DRAGON SCUM! YOU'VE-"

"FUS RO DAH!"

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then-"

"FUS RO DAH!"

-Fus'd.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.
I'll add some, because yes it's a lot more funny than "arrow to the knee", as that one wears out quickly.
Also, an arrow to the knee you say?

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
I thought it was funny at first, but now I just hate it. This is something I really hate that a lot of people do, they latch onto one little thing and ram it into the ground until something that was once good is now ruined.

I've had various friends do similar things as well. One of my friends I introduced to God of War 1 when it came out wouldn't shut up about it and eventually I got so sick of it I stopped playing the game for 2 years straight and didn't get around to actually finishing it until then. Another friend of mine I introduced to Azumanga Daioh rambled about it so many times I don't even watch it anymore.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Is that where that "arrow to the knee" crap came from? It's not funny at all, I've been thumbs downing any comments that have it on YouTube and comment sections on other sites as well. It's just as uncreative and not amusing as the YouTube comments about how many people clicked the dislike button.

Memes are great when they're funny (like Rickrolling; how can you not laugh every time you see that stupid dance?), but sometimes they're nothing but suck, like this arrow to the knee garbage. Or "the cake is a lie" references. It was funny in the game, it's not funny when you parrot it out every time someone mentions cake!

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
The Elder Scrolls V, The Elder Scrolls V!
FUS-RO-DAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
(The Elder Scrolls V)
I used to wonder what adventuring could be
(The Elder Scrolls V)
And then I took an arrow to the knee!

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
It was funny the first one or two times I saw it, but now it's just annoying. Like, really, REALLY annoying. How people still find it funny is agonizing to try to understand.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I was going to say that I didn't see it everywhere, but then I read the thread posts. And took an arrow to the knee.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee." I have seen this everywhere the last couple of days ALL OVER You Tube. not just on Skyrim related videos everything. I'm really surprised honestly that its caught on like it has. Seen an particular variation that you thought was funny? Why do you think this happened.

I have never been a fan of memes but its weird to see one in action. I'm just happy cats arnt involved.

EDIT: I'm not moaning about it. also if you like memes thats fine im just not a big fan of them.

People are getting all irate telling me the internet is not the place for me if i dont like memes or whatever its just intriguing to me. i was just wondering what everyone else thought.
I used to not be a fan of memes, and then I took an arrow to the knee.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Rex Dark said:
Because people love to laugh at other people's misery.
ALso, TES guards tend to spawn memes...
"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
Also "I've seen mudcrabs more fearsome than you!"