Skyrim: Who did you marry?

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Aela the Huntress!!!

All my classes at uni were covering gender issues at the same time, all involving the liberation of women and such. I'm no sexist, but I became so tired of hearing about the subject that I picked the strongest woman I found in Skyrim, a proud werewolf huntress...and broke her out of spite. She now sits at home making me meals and calling me Dear and Love.

GENDER ISSUES

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
That girl who hangs out near the merchant stalls in whiterun, can't recall her name but she has a blue dress and gives you a little quest to bring her a mammoth tusk.

...Ive been married to her for over 20 hours of gameplay and don't know her name.

<---Great husband.

Edit: Guy above me called it, Ysolda. And yes I do enjoy having a free cash flow and a shop inside my house xD.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I married Camilla Valerius.

...Then I killed her in a vain attempt to hopefully be able to marry Aela. Alas, Bethesda did not have the foresight to allow the marriage quest to be repeatable. Realizing this fact certainly dampered my spirits, but then I played Skyrim some more and was happy again. Camilla's dead body sits behind some wooden boxes in my Whiterun home, where noone will ever possibly think to look, so I think I'm in the clear.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Mestraal said:
My Imperial married Ria of the Companions. It was an impulse thing.
It's still confusing to see her wandering the wastes murdering things from time to time. She said she was staying at home and opening a shop!
i thought about marrying her, but i see her name and think of my cousin...

OT: i haven't married anyone yet, because i just started yesterday (because a Thieves Guild quest glitched out before i could kill MF), but i plan on marrying Aela.
SirDeadly said:
No one because even with the Amulet of Mara on no extra dialogue appears...
did you buy the special one in Riften from the priest?
normal one doesnt work.

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
My plan was as soon as I figured out how to get married I would marry Ralof, literally the first guy you meet in skyrim. I liked his attitude and his loyalty to his cause, even though I am starting to hate his cause...

Can you even marry him? And Could I marry him since I am an Imperial now?

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
Everyone I know married Aela, so I married Ysolda to be different.

Plus, her staying at home and selling stuff fits her character the best. Much better than trying to believe that Aela would do it.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Damn, everyone married Ysolda. Now I feel all mainstream.

My first choice was actually Brelynda from the mages guild, but in my pretend fantasy world, I like to believe that girl would forgo marriage to continue with her education.

I was also deeply disappointed by the singular argonian female and complete lack of marriageable Khajit women. My avatar isn't nearly as much of a sexual deviant as I had originally planned.

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
Blargh McBlargh said:
Smiles said:
My plan was as soon as I figured out how to get married I would marry Ralof, literally the first guy you meet in skyrim. I liked his attitude and his loyalty to his cause, even though I am starting to hate his cause...

Can you even marry him? And Could I marry him since I am an Imperial now?
I'm pretty sure you meet his wife right after you escape to town.
no thats his sister, and her family. I think I remember him mentioning being too busy with the war to settle down...

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
harmonic said:
Surprised no one mentioned Olfina Greymane! She is a stunning lady, I guess the option is not given to you?
Unfortunately, she isn't an option for marriage. I think Bethesda was in a trolling mood considering the amount of attractive women they have in the game that aren't available to marry.

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
Solaire of Astora said:
harmonic said:
Surprised no one mentioned Olfina Greymane! She is a stunning lady, I guess the option is not given to you?
Unfortunately, she isn't an option for marriage. I think Bethesda was in a trolling mood considering the amount of attractive women they have in the game that aren't available to marry.
They'll probably release more in an update or something. Clever buggers...

Synek

Mar 31, 2009
For those of you on a PC,you can use this in the console menu to basicly marry anyone.
Exept Argonians and/or Kahjiits I think.

addfac 0005A1A4 1
stopcombat
addfac 19809 1
setrelationshiprank player 4

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Aela, shes very useful in combat, covers me with a bow and wears enough heavy armour to be hardy up close as well.

Beefy_Nugglet

Nov 25, 2011
I married Aela. Killed a giant together and when we were done, we locked eyes for a moment. I felt it then, this is the woman I want opening a shop in my house and making me food for the rest of my life. But the girly, "Hello Dears" are getting annoying.