Slender Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
nuba km said:
just saying slender can spawn before you find the first page, just wanted to correct that error.
Really? I never wandered around long enough without collecting any pages to encounter him in that way.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
WMDogma said:
nuba km said:
just saying slender can spawn before you find the first page, just wanted to correct that error.
Really? I never wandered around long enough without collecting any pages to encounter him in that way.
After jesse cox did a video about slender lots of people complaint that he shouldn't have been scared has he found no pages so a whole bunch of people did videos showing that if you just wonder around randomly without any pages for long enough slendy will find you. Also jesse cox walked around roughly 15min without finding a sheet and quite the moment his screen got fuzzy, I probably say that he spawns either when you find your first sheet or after x amount of time, which ever happens first.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Find where each page has spawned first, then make a ma͔̫d̼ d̜̮͍̣a̳̹̰̖̱̥s̲̱̥͎̱h̩̗̱̝ t͕͓o̟̦̗͍̮ ͓s͓̩̼̺̰͙̝n̮̱̝a̺̲ṭ̦c̮̬̙̲͈͍̣̟h̩̺̣̗̦̱̰ ͚̝t̰̘h͓̩͙e̜̭̥̟m͇̗̘̤̬̮.̥̮̯̤͖̹͉̣

S̙e̺͖̩̻̠̮e͇̝͍m̲s͕̞ ̼͍̲͙̪̤̳̬̠l̬͈͉͔̜̙ḭ͉͍̳k̖̹̤̹̲͉e̞ ̤̱̩̗t̺̝̱̭̭̟͓̥̟h̙̯̖̤͚̲̩͚ͅa̼͔̲t̳̻̪̥ ̯̯̪s̱̦͙̖̤l̩e̬̻͚̘̩̩̺͍n̫̱d̗̺͓̞͉̻̬͍̬ẹ̹̟̙̭͚r̞̤͖̝̲̙̼ ̙̪g̲̗̻u͚̪̲̦y̲̖̪͔̹̬̼̟͖ i͎̦͢ṣ͖̩ ̷̤̥́p̝̘͇͔͖̙̀͟r͖̹͙̙̲͉͔̀͢e͓͇̖̖̻̙͔͙͓t̴̸͖͙̼̮t̠̲̠y͎̤̠ ̧҉̙̘̬̰̤̝̠̗e͢͏̱̥͕̮̥̬̣͝á̢͍̖̩̦͔̩̬͓s̳̺̲̝͘ỵ̛͓̳̬͔̪̟͖͝ ̸̖̣̗͖͍̗̖͙t̵̨̤̪o͏͍͚̖̖̝̮̺̱͢͡ ̶̣͕f͕̩͇̙̜͞o͎o͇̞l͏̧̲̰͎͠!҉̴̜̭̼̩̕

H̵̥͇̥͍̬̰o̺̘̠̥͔̜͝l̸͘҉̮̭̘d̴͇̖̺̫͠ ̹̼́ͅơ̧͕͍̥ͅn̷̜̠̠͖̲̳͎ͅ ̡̢̪̮̕a̢̟̳̺͕͓͉͙̬͉ ̸̺͍̦̳͚͇̘̀s̰̘̯̩e̴̩̝̲̤͚̯̲͍̬c̭̙̠̕͢͟ǫ͏͚̮͔̰̪n̸̵҉̰̼̖d̛̟̦̠̜̺̫̕͠ͅ,̡͇̤̤̬̜͙͚ I̵̠̳͍̺̞͇̘̠̺̤̙̦̹̝̗̪͋͌ͬ͋̀͞ ̌͐ͩ̂̑̚҉̯̩̮̳̭̹̹̼̖͈̮̞̥̜̻͕̳͎̀̕͜t̢̛͖͙̳̺̮̘̟͇̺̦͎̣̞̹̫̅̍̿̾̈͛̉ͧ̐̀̔̀ͯ͛̀̕ͅȟ̆̑̾ͨ͏̢̟͕̫̱̹͟i̧͈̩̙̭̰͙̥͉̭͕̱͍ͨ̉̀́̌ͮ̾ͨ̀͂͒͌̅ͬ̈̓̾͒ͪ̕ͅn͚͕̯̠̘̣͍͔̪̗̟̘̰̘͔͑̅ͨͣͭ͋̕̕͢k̴̨̾̏ͫ̋̽͒ͫ̄̓̓̒͐ͧ̌͠҉̥̳̻ ̢̂ͥ̀̿̇͂̿͏̨̪͔͈̹̼̀͡I̷̝̰͍̤̼͓̲̤ͬ͒̎̉͑͢ ͗̃͑ͯ̓̒̈ͨ̚҉͕̻͕̜̮͙̘̳͔̻͍̣̳̀͢͢͝ḩ̶̢̖̯̥̹̱̥͈͚̞̱̮̟͕̖͋͑ͬ͌ͮ́̄̈̽͊̀̚ę̷̵̵̥̱͕͔͍̫̔̅͑̈́́̎̈̋͒̓ͣͪ̏ͅaͮ̄ͣ͛̔̆̈́͠͏̯̘͎̣̹͟r̍̒̈́͌͏̟̩̜̖̰̘̝̗̤̭̬̜͝ ̛̖̺̗̻̮̟̱̩̺̹̣̯ͤͣͬ̔́͛͐͆͛ͭͩͮͩ͂ͩ̆͜͟s̶̪̹̩̩̩͙̥͔̯̻̒̆̍̾ͯ̓̓̒̾̉ͩ͐̓̏͊͗͐̿͗ͅö́̃̍̕͜҉͓̩͍͇̲̗͢͟mͫ̎͂̂̈̀͛̑͐̈́̾ͦͮͪ͑ͭ̀́̚͟҉̹̩͖͇͖͔̗̞͙̜̳͎̹e̡ͭ͒ͮ̽ͪ̆͢͏̯͓̳̪̙͇͜ ̲̮̬̩̥̘̙̼̙̂ͪ͛̿̋̍̀̽ͫ̒̇̚̕͝ͅs̛̰̦̮̮̒̀͐̂̾ͤͥ̇̆̏ͬ̚c̶̡̛̛̘̰̗̝̝͇̲͈̻̰͕̙̬̙̙͓͌ͨ̑̈́ͮͪ͊ͫͩ̉͐̀͜r̷̵̥͙͕͎̖̻̦̗͎̠͖̲̯̆ͣ̒͛ͥ̀ͅă͒ͨͫ͠͏̤̤̟̟͈̪̠̩̼͍̥̞̯͔̫ț̙̣̖͕̠̜́ͭ́̈̍̿̔͞͡ͅc̶̶͌̈̈͂͛̈͐͟͏̮͕̯̼͇̼̻̖͙͎̜̬̰̝̬̜ḩ̸̱̱͇̩͍̭̙͉̼͍̳͚̯̘͆̈́͛͌͋̆̊͜͜͞i̴̡̨̩̦͖̦̠̤͓̠̙̖̪̮̰͓̫̘̤̠̹̔ͫ̅͋ͬ̿̔n̢̙͍̟̪̹̎̅ͥ̏͒ͧ̈͢͝͡g̵̡͙̯̻̞͔̪͙̭̺̜̣̘̰̺̣͇ͩ̅ͦ͂ͅ ̡̐͆ͭ̋̊̋͗̿ͤ̓ͣͣ̑ͦ̿̃̃̊̑҉̸̀͏̠̤͔̞a̶̢̲̼͇͔̠͙̬͔͖̮̱̠̫̲ͧ̃̑̀̂ͬ̕t̶͕͔̪͚̲̤̰̱̦͍͙̾͛̇̚͜ͅ ̴̡̱̦̫̼̲͎̘̹̞̱̤̱͇̘̩̬̰̯ͥ͗̈́̏̃ͨͥ̿͑͋ͯ̃͑́̚ͅṱ̵̡̢̫̲̫̗̲̥̥͍̹͚̆̆̄̎̅ͫ̅͌̉̌ͪ̄̓̒̊̌͡h̾̽̍̓̿̀͏̖̤̪̝̟͓̟͍̻͉͈̞͓̱̖̯̱͢͡ȇ̵̢̺̝̘̳̹̥̞̺̠͍̼ͭ̈̊̊ͣͧ͑̂̊ ̋̍͋̐̇̒͂̈́̔ͫͨ͑͊̾͏̵̦͔̥̻̹̠̦̜͘͠d͉̹͎̠̥̥͔̘̞͙̾̀͛̽ͭͦ̔͑̏͌͛ͣ́ͅỏͦ͊ͩ̂ͩ͊ͪ͛͛͐ͧͪͪ̚̕͝͞͏̧͈̖̲͓̲̱̝̰̮͖ͅô̵̸̸̭̮͎̖̺̱͈̈̿͑̆̎͐̆̐ͨ̈̉̔ͩ̾̄̍̌͜r͉͖̜̭͙̰̬͓̠̈́ͬ̄̅́̚̕ͅ.̸̙͎̪̬̮̣̗̬ͧ͑͌ͧ̐̉̉̈́ͪ̽̈́̃͛̇̀̕

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
I was playing Slender, when suddenly static started to appear, I began to look back knowing I was screwed, whe- AVAST FUCKING NOTIFICATION gave me a heart attack.

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
Scary? LOL! Startling, yes, when he jumps in your face on screen with the screeching static but its hard to create lasting fears with a character so easily identifiable and poorly created. Just a dude without a face, a badly rendered one at that. The sounds are the only scares I can find here kids. Go play a real horror game like Amnesia the Dark Decent.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Furioso said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Does one of the pieces of paper tell you to give him $20?
Funny you should mention that...
If you beat the game on all the different game modes (I think there's only 2) you unlock a mode called "20 Dollar Mode" and in it when you look at Slender Man a song called "Give me 20 Dollars" starts playing, instead of static, here's a video for reference (stuff starts happening about 1:00 in, best example at about 3:00 in)
Christ. When even the brightly lit, joke mode of this game still creeps me the fuck out, I know I need to stay away from it.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Nurb said:
Find where each page has spawned first, then make a ma͔̫d̼ d̜̮͍̣a̳̹̰̖̱̥s̲̱̥͎̱h̩̗̱̝ t͕͓o̟̦̗͍̮ ͓s͓̩̼̺̰͙̝n̮̱̝a̺̲ṭ̦c̮̬̙̲͈͍̣̟h̩̺̣̗̦̱̰ ͚̝t̰̘h͓̩͙e̜̭̥̟m͇̗̘̤̬̮.̥̮̯̤͖̹͉̣

S̙e̺͖̩̻̠̮e͇̝͍m̲s͕̞ ̼͍̲͙̪̤̳̬̠l̬͈͉͔̜̙ḭ͉͍̳k̖̹̤̹̲͉e̞ ̤̱̩̗t̺̝̱̭̭̟͓̥̟h̙̯̖̤͚̲̩͚ͅa̼͔̲t̳̻̪̥ ̯̯̪s̱̦͙̖̤l̩e̬̻͚̘̩̩̺͍n̫̱d̗̺͓̞͉̻̬͍̬ẹ̹̟̙̭͚r̞̤͖̝̲̙̼ ̙̪g̲̗̻u͚̪̲̦y̲̖̪͔̹̬̼̟͖ i͎̦͢ṣ͖̩ ̷̤̥́p̝̘͇͔͖̙̀͟r͖̹͙̙̲͉͔̀͢e͓͇̖̖̻̙͔͙͓t̴̸͖͙̼̮t̠̲̠y͎̤̠ ̧҉̙̘̬̰̤̝̠̗e͢͏̱̥͕̮̥̬̣͝á̢͍̖̩̦͔̩̬͓s̳̺̲̝͘ỵ̛͓̳̬͔̪̟͖͝ ̸̖̣̗͖͍̗̖͙t̵̨̤̪o͏͍͚̖̖̝̮̺̱͢͡ ̶̣͕f͕̩͇̙̜͞o͎o͇̞l͏̧̲̰͎͠!҉̴̜̭̼̩̕

H̵̥͇̥͍̬̰o̺̘̠̥͔̜͝l̸͘҉̮̭̘d̴͇̖̺̫͠ ̹̼́ͅơ̧͕͍̥ͅn̷̜̠̠͖̲̳͎ͅ ̡̢̪̮̕a̢̟̳̺͕͓͉͙̬͉ ̸̺͍̦̳͚͇̘̀s̰̘̯̩e̴̩̝̲̤͚̯̲͍̬c̭̙̠̕͢͟ǫ͏͚̮͔̰̪n̸̵҉̰̼̖d̛̟̦̠̜̺̫̕͠ͅ,̡͇̤̤̬̜͙͚ I̵̠̳͍̺̞͇̘̠̺̤̙̦̹̝̗̪͋͌ͬ͋̀͞ ̌͐ͩ̂̑̚҉̯̩̮̳̭̹̹̼̖͈̮̞̥̜̻͕̳͎̀̕͜t̢̛͖͙̳̺̮̘̟͇̺̦͎̣̞̹̫̅̍̿̾̈͛̉ͧ̐̀̔̀ͯ͛̀̕ͅȟ̆̑̾ͨ͏̢̟͕̫̱̹͟i̧͈̩̙̭̰͙̥͉̭͕̱͍ͨ̉̀́̌ͮ̾ͨ̀͂͒͌̅ͬ̈̓̾͒ͪ̕ͅn͚͕̯̠̘̣͍͔̪̗̟̘̰̘͔͑̅ͨͣͭ͋̕̕͢k̴̨̾̏ͫ̋̽͒ͫ̄̓̓̒͐ͧ̌͠҉̥̳̻ ̢̂ͥ̀̿̇͂̿͏̨̪͔͈̹̼̀͡I̷̝̰͍̤̼͓̲̤ͬ͒̎̉͑͢ ͗̃͑ͯ̓̒̈ͨ̚҉͕̻͕̜̮͙̘̳͔̻͍̣̳̀͢͢͝ḩ̶̢̖̯̥̹̱̥͈͚̞̱̮̟͕̖͋͑ͬ͌ͮ́̄̈̽͊̀̚ę̷̵̵̥̱͕͔͍̫̔̅͑̈́́̎̈̋͒̓ͣͪ̏ͅaͮ̄ͣ͛̔̆̈́͠͏̯̘͎̣̹͟r̍̒̈́͌͏̟̩̜̖̰̘̝̗̤̭̬̜͝ ̛̖̺̗̻̮̟̱̩̺̹̣̯ͤͣͬ̔́͛͐͆͛ͭͩͮͩ͂ͩ̆͜͟s̶̪̹̩̩̩͙̥͔̯̻̒̆̍̾ͯ̓̓̒̾̉ͩ͐̓̏͊͗͐̿͗ͅö́̃̍̕͜҉͓̩͍͇̲̗͢͟mͫ̎͂̂̈̀͛̑͐̈́̾ͦͮͪ͑ͭ̀́̚͟҉̹̩͖͇͖͔̗̞͙̜̳͎̹e̡ͭ͒ͮ̽ͪ̆͢͏̯͓̳̪̙͇͜ ̲̮̬̩̥̘̙̼̙̂ͪ͛̿̋̍̀̽ͫ̒̇̚̕͝ͅs̛̰̦̮̮̒̀͐̂̾ͤͥ̇̆̏ͬ̚c̶̡̛̛̘̰̗̝̝͇̲͈̻̰͕̙̬̙̙͓͌ͨ̑̈́ͮͪ͊ͫͩ̉͐̀͜r̷̵̥͙͕͎̖̻̦̗͎̠͖̲̯̆ͣ̒͛ͥ̀ͅă͒ͨͫ͠͏̤̤̟̟͈̪̠̩̼͍̥̞̯͔̫ț̙̣̖͕̠̜́ͭ́̈̍̿̔͞͡ͅc̶̶͌̈̈͂͛̈͐͟͏̮͕̯̼͇̼̻̖͙͎̜̬̰̝̬̜ḩ̸̱̱͇̩͍̭̙͉̼͍̳͚̯̘͆̈́͛͌͋̆̊͜͜͞i̴̡̨̩̦͖̦̠̤͓̠̙̖̪̮̰͓̫̘̤̠̹̔ͫ̅͋ͬ̿̔n̢̙͍̟̪̹̎̅ͥ̏͒ͧ̈͢͝͡g̵̡͙̯̻̞͔̪͙̭̺̜̣̘̰̺̣͇ͩ̅ͦ͂ͅ ̡̐͆ͭ̋̊̋͗̿ͤ̓ͣͣ̑ͦ̿̃̃̊̑҉̸̀͏̠̤͔̞a̶̢̲̼͇͔̠͙̬͔͖̮̱̠̫̲ͧ̃̑̀̂ͬ̕t̶͕͔̪͚̲̤̰̱̦͍͙̾͛̇̚͜ͅ ̴̡̱̦̫̼̲͎̘̹̞̱̤̱͇̘̩̬̰̯ͥ͗̈́̏̃ͨͥ̿͑͋ͯ̃͑́̚ͅṱ̵̡̢̫̲̫̗̲̥̥͍̹͚̆̆̄̎̅ͫ̅͌̉̌ͪ̄̓̒̊̌͡h̾̽̍̓̿̀͏̖̤̪̝̟͓̟͍̻͉͈̞͓̱̖̯̱͢͡ȇ̵̢̺̝̘̳̹̥̞̺̠͍̼ͭ̈̊̊ͣͧ͑̂̊ ̋̍͋̐̇̒͂̈́̔ͫͨ͑͊̾͏̵̦͔̥̻̹̠̦̜͘͠d͉̹͎̠̥̥͔̘̞͙̾̀͛̽ͭͦ̔͑̏͌͛ͣ́ͅỏͦ͊ͩ̂ͩ͊ͪ͛͛͐ͧͪͪ̚̕͝͞͏̧͈̖̲͓̲̱̝̰̮͖ͅô̵̸̸̭̮͎̖̺̱͈̈̿͑̆̎͐̆̐ͨ̈̉̔ͩ̾̄̍̌͜r͉͖̜̭͙̰̬͓̠̈́ͬ̄̅́̚̕ͅ.̸̙͎̪̬̮̣̗̬ͧ͑͌ͧ̐̉̉̈́ͪ̽̈́̃͛̇̀̕

How on Earth did you have the time and knowledge to write all of this for your post? Or was your post attacked by a mod?

Lucas Auraelius

WARNING: Cartoon Violence
Feb 25, 2009
People should remember that there has been an entire mythos surrounding the Slender Man for a few years now. If you want to get started, a few good series on YouTube are Marble Hornets, Strange Aeons, Tribe Twelve, and EverymanHYBRID.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Sirron Kcuch said:
I was playing Slender, when suddenly static started to appear, I began to look back knowing I was screwed, whe- AVAST FUCKING NOTIFICATION gave me a heart attack.
Hahaha, awesome. I've had it pop up playing less scary games before, I turned it off but can imagine it's horrifying popping up during a game like this.

I need to play this now, this review has swayed me. Nothing better than multiple heart attacks to spice up my evening.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
The up close shot of Slendy's 'lack of face' sort of takes me out of it. This game is great, I just hope it does receive a few changes to make the final screamer a little scarier.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
I've played this ... made me stop after I collected two papers. Didn't even encounter him and the thought of him catching me forced me to turn off my computer (lol). I'm great with horror games, love them but this was the first time a video game ever actually held fear over me. That, and I looked into some videos based on Slenderman so knowing what his motives are... is creepy to the point it's chilling.
You better go play a co op action game since having a friend with you can make things better and less scarier :p

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
xD I love the sounds they make when they get terrified.

Beyond that, this seems like a game that I could very much enjoy. A very simple concept: wander around in the dark to find some pages. Only one enemy and it's telegraphed when he gets close...but I imagine the relentlessly oppressive atmosphere must make this game a true experience.

On another note...what's the deal with this SCP game? Watched a video on it and it seems like the same kinda "Your only defense is to gtfo" type of game like this...only if you see Sack Boy from Little Big Planet he eats your face off. I don't know if the video of that game that I watched was being played by someone who sucks or if the game is just half-impossible, but it seemed...ummm...well half-impossible. Dude just camps out in the room ahead of you.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Nurb said:

Why hello there, Zalgo. Not too bummed out by your cousin Slendy's seemingly overnight success? You never did catch on as much as he did.

At least you aren't stuck with a brother called Splendorman and a cousin called Trenderman...

<youtube=4MXYC_jX2Wc>

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Marik2 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
I've played this ... made me stop after I collected two papers. Didn't even encounter him and the thought of him catching me forced me to turn off my computer (lol). I'm great with horror games, love them but this was the first time a video game ever actually held fear over me. That, and I looked into some videos based on Slenderman so knowing what his motives are... is creepy to the point it's chilling.
You better go play a co op action game since having a friend with you can make things better and less scarier :p
... I see what you did there. I'm always going to be a hardcore Dead Space fan, you here me?!
I hope to god that they don't screw up Dead Space 3... I don't want co op I just want to have it scary enough to feel tense while Slender keeps making me paranoid and afraid to go anywhere since I can't defend myself lol.
EA is going to ruin Dead Space even more, just admit it and your life will be easier

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I hate this fucking game.
I hurt my knee on the table when I recoiled from the slender man catching me.
I'm never playing this again, holy shit.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I like how the ending, the player looked up sharply. Even though you couldn't hear them, you know damn well that Slender made them jump.