Slender Review

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
sure no complaints if its free. it does look creepy just by looking at the video. downloading it now.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, played it and it really scared me. i havent been so scared since FEAR 1. damn, how i jumped when this music jumps in and you see a bit from this faceless man. reminds me a bit of the gman in HL :p. always waiting to hear him saying "mr. freeman".

my first play through i found 2 pages and he got me immediately. just walking away from a landmark and there he was. coulndt escape.

my second i found 3 pages. already after the second he was behind me. the screen turning slowly in to a ant farm. turning around and i saw him. but i was able to escape. and this shock music again. so i knew he was right behind me.
then, i found another landmark and wile i was walking around it, he suddenly was standing there. another jump up from my chair. 10 secs later, he got me.

damn, for a free game, it sure is well made. now this is a horror game i enjoy. amnesia dint do this to me as this game did.
no, seriously. amnesia dint scare me on e bit.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
This game has scared the living crap outta me and my youtube followers just love me playing it. :/

So yeah without a doubt Slender is one of the scarier games I've ever played simply for the immersion effect of it .

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Wakikifudge said:
How on Earth did you have the time and knowledge to write all of this for your post? Or was your post attacked by a mod?
It's not so ͜ha͜r͡d͢.

Y̸̞̖͚̹͍ó̳̰̘̞̼̀͝ͅù̱̖̱͇̀ ̵͏͙̰j͍̱u̞͇̝͇͡s҉̦̣͓͎͇̣̙̟t͠҉̢͎͍͔͈ ̡̛͔̮̞ͅh̯̝̮a͏̧̳̞̞̺͙̝̣ͅv̢͖͎̼̝̭͞e̵͚͚͖̩͖̞̤̮͝ͅ ̸̷̤̭̠̩̠t̢͖̪͍̩̫͉̘̱o̬̰̦̥̭͚̗ͅ ̴̛̘̫̦͜ķ̮̖̤̙̺̪͖͇n͇̖͕̲̝̻͇ơ͚̣̥̹͕͎w̷̤͉̟ w͗ͯ́͆̎͋̿̏͑̾̓́ͬ̓̉̄҉̡̨̜̩͕̫͎̳̩̲̥ͅͅh̢̡̳̫̳͕̲͈͍̍ͪ̍̂̍̏̍ͨ́ͦ̌ͦ͐̿́͠͞ë̡̧͖̦͕͕̣̲̣̱̄̉̊ͫ̍͌͛͐̅͑ͮ̌͋̏̂͘͢͠ṙ̯͚̩̙̯̫͈̖̳̞̮̥̝̬̻ͩ̈́ͭͩ̔ͫͦ̓ͥͦ̓ͩ̋̉̓̓̄͠͞ę̹͔̬̘̂̾̃͌ͭ͌ͧ̽̈́̈̿̏͞ ̶̢̗͍̪̹̺̻̤̗͚͙̣͚̜̮̣̙̓̓̉̀̄̉̀͢t̴͖̫̥̖̱ͭͣ̐ͤ̍̒̇ͥͣͥͣ̓ͫ̿̓̑ͣ̅̀̚o̳͍̗̩͓͎̣̙̪̺̱͉͚̖͚̗̦̥ͭ̓ͩ̋̌͛ͯ͐ͪ̈́͗ͯ͊́͟ͅ ̢͂̐̉͒̅̿̋ͯ̾ͧͫͩͬͣ͐̎̿ͣ́̚͢͏̳̫̤͉̭̻̰l̏̄̾ͤͤ͗̇̓̕͠͏̵̰̤͎͎̟͖̥̗͚̫̺̞̖ͅo̷̴̝̼̩͓̱̖̬̩̖̟̼̩̜̻̪͑̓̓̉͋̒̓̂̂ͧ͢ͅo̧̙̗̥͒ͧ̉̌̍͒̒͘͜͢͝k͕̬̬̖͖̩͈̝̺̩̟ͣͥ̾ͦ͊ͣ͑ͦ͑͗̈̕͜͞.̶̽̍ͤ́̍ͥͣͤͨͨ҉̗̪͕̬͍̘̤͇͈̦

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Wakikifudge said:
How on Earth did you have the time and knowledge to write all of this for your post? Or was your post attacked by a mod?
It's not so ͜ha͜r͡d͢.

Y̸̞̖͚̹͍ó̳̰̘̞̼̀͝ͅù̱̖̱͇̀ ̵͏͙̰j͍̱u̞͇̝͇͡s҉̦̣͓͎͇̣̙̟t͠҉̢͎͍͔͈ ̡̛͔̮̞ͅh̯̝̮a͏̧̳̞̞̺͙̝̣ͅv̢͖͎̼̝̭͞e̵͚͚͖̩͖̞̤̮͝ͅ ̸̷̤̭̠̩̠t̢͖̪͍̩̫͉̘̱o̬̰̦̥̭͚̗ͅ ̴̛̘̫̦͜ķ̮̖̤̙̺̪͖͇n͇̖͕̲̝̻͇ơ͚̣̥̹͕͎w̷̤͉̟ w͗ͯ́͆̎͋̿̏͑̾̓́ͬ̓̉̄҉̡̨̜̩͕̫͎̳̩̲̥ͅͅh̢̡̳̫̳͕̲͈͍̍ͪ̍̂̍̏̍ͨ́ͦ̌ͦ͐̿́͠͞ë̡̧͖̦͕͕̣̲̣̱̄̉̊ͫ̍͌͛͐̅͑ͮ̌͋̏̂͘͢͠ṙ̯͚̩̙̯̫͈̖̳̞̮̥̝̬̻ͩ̈́ͭͩ̔ͫͦ̓ͥͦ̓ͩ̋̉̓̓̄͠͞ę̹͔̬̘̂̾̃͌ͭ͌ͧ̽̈́̈̿̏͞ ̶̢̗͍̪̹̺̻̤̗͚͙̣͚̜̮̣̙̓̓̉̀̄̉̀͢t̴͖̫̥̖̱ͭͣ̐ͤ̍̒̇ͥͣͥͣ̓ͫ̿̓̑ͣ̅̀̚o̳͍̗̩͓͎̣̙̪̺̱͉͚̖͚̗̦̥ͭ̓ͩ̋̌͛ͯ͐ͪ̈́͗ͯ͊́͟ͅ ̢͂̐̉͒̅̿̋ͯ̾ͧͫͩͬͣ͐̎̿ͣ́̚͢͏̳̫̤͉̭̻̰l̏̄̾ͤͤ͗̇̓̕͠͏̵̰̤͎͎̟͖̥̗͚̫̺̞̖ͅo̷̴̝̼̩͓̱̖̬̩̖̟̼̩̜̻̪͑̓̓̉͋̒̓̂̂ͧ͢ͅo̧̙̗̥͒ͧ̉̌̍͒̒͘͜͢͝k͕̬̬̖͖̩͈̝̺̩̟ͣͥ̾ͦ͊ͣ͑ͦ͑͗̈̕͜͞.̶̽̍ͤ́̍ͥͣͤͨͨ҉̗̪͕̬͍̘̤͇͈̦

Ah shit that fucked up.

Slender scared me. Very much.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
A҉͝ ̛͝w̨͝r̀y̢͞ ed̢͢iţ̀ ̛t̀͡͡h͏͏e̵re̢͢, Solo.

I̞͔̩'͡m̜̩̱̮͈̮͢ ̸͎̖o͕͇̹̺̲͢n҉̻͍̹̘̝ ̱͜ͅt̨̪̰̰̮̥o̷ ͉͎̘y̜̲̩͓̼o̪̬͚̟̝ͅú̜.̦̖̘̼

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I know it's an indie game, and I've only played it once but this was basically my experience:

Got to five pages on my first try. Headphones, night time, dark room.

He doesn't move, so he's not really chasing you. I actually look for him so I know where not to look.

Slenderman himself isn't scary in the slightest.

Annoying as hell thumping sound is annoying as hell.

I actually got angry when he insta-killed me without warning.

*Insert Big Lebowski Meme*

Of course, just my opinion.

Meanwhile, I can't handle Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Oh the irony.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Slenderman just isn't scary to me.

I blame this.

I think you can blame $20 mode on the end of this video. If you can't that is crazy coincidental.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Of course, it would be quite f̢u̡nn͘y̛ if, with no warning, a new build was pushed which ̶r͠ȩp̶l̀͡a͏c͘͞e͜d the, frankly, poor quality Slender Man model, and rendered it inactive. You'd see him, and he would do nothing.

You would be c̨ͫ͌̑͊̇̋̃͢o̅n̡̛͐͗ͨ͆f̽҉u̵̴ͦ͋ͫ̏̈́̉̇͘ş̡͆͆͆e̍ͬd̅̍̂̀͏̀. Is the game broken? Is this a trick?

And then you turn around to see Slender Man, in Crysis-style resolution, a completely different art style, and that's ģ̸̹̖̯̖̤̳͎̱͙͖̜̥̗̥̳͐ͯ̎̈͊̏͒͆͌́aͧ̃̏ͣͥ̔̐ͨ͒ͣ̓́̓́́̅͂́͜͏̴̹͖͉̱͈̦̭̬̺͚̻̰͜m̏̉̀ͭ̇͊ͥͦ͛͋̇͛̔̚͞҉̬͙͈̻͝e̴̡̛͔̺̮̟͍̪͓̫͈͎̯̪͕̘̼͚͆͋͋͗͛̈́͡ ̸̑̈̆̇̋͊͋̊͂͊͂ͤ̄ͨ҉̮͉̘̫̞̟̜̼ͅo̸̴̗͔͓̠͇͖̹̥̙̠̪͈̘͇͆ͩ͐ͩͩ̈̕͢ṿ̴̧̡͍̝̹̣̲̠̦͉̮̟̻̟̟͙̺̆̑ͪ̚͠e̋ͨ́ͧͦͪ̒̋́̔̔̑̾̎̀ͩ͊̀͝͏̛̰̹̫͔̹r̢͈̲̯̹̻̟͈̭̽̓̀̉́͘, friends.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
If the model looked a lot better, and whatever algorithm for how Slendy appears is modified, it could be great. But I can predict a pattern well enough so that, I'm not startled after the first time, and know how to out run him better.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I can see how this would be a scary game but after watching Lani play it its hard to take seriously.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Nah, Watson still takes the cake for creepiest character to do that thing of "I wont move when you look at me"

Buschmaki

Apr 16, 2009
RJ 17 said:
xD I love the sounds they make when they get terrified.

Beyond that, this seems like a game that I could very much enjoy. A very simple concept: wander around in the dark to find some pages. Only one enemy and it's telegraphed when he gets close...but I imagine the relentlessly oppressive atmosphere must make this game a true experience.

On another note...what's the deal with this SCP game? Watched a video on it and it seems like the same kinda "Your only defense is to gtfo" type of game like this...only if you see Sack Boy from Little Big Planet he eats your face off. I don't know if the video of that game that I watched was being played by someone who sucks or if the game is just half-impossible, but it seemed...ummm...well half-impossible. Dude just camps out in the room ahead of you.
The point of the SCP game is that you're not supposed to break line of sight with the thing, but you have a blink meter so you can't just stare at him indefinitely.