Smoking. I do it because I love it.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm not a smoker myself, but I do hang around with people who smoke.

It doesn't bother me at all.

PixieFace

Mar 17, 2010
Bleh. I never liked cigarettes. I especially hate the smell. It gets EVERYWHERE - the house, the car, your hair. Just can't get that crap out.

Crops

Probably more bored than you
Aug 16, 2009
In the middle of quitting at the moment.

I've been smoking for a good 9 years now and I really enjoy it. It's just getting ridiculously expensive...
I remember days when I paid 3 euros for a pack. The price went up to 4.80 last week, and that's after I switched to a brand thats about 60 cents cheaper.

I'd probably quit for some reason eventually, figured the price was a great motivation.

Things like "I can quit anytime I want" or "I'm not addicted" sound too familiar... I used to say those things 7 years ago too.

unreal713

Aug 18, 2009
Only smoke around 3~5 a day but probably consider myself slightly addicted to them, although I really don't care about it. Smoking feels like something of a ritual for me... one of the best things you can have is a cigarette at 2 in the morning on a full moon while listening to Debussy' Clair de lune....

But weirdly I don't like having the smell on myself. Don't mind smelling it on other people, but every time I smoke I need to wash my hands and brush my teeth if possible, or at least have a gum or mint.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
meh, i think it looks cool in Anime's, but when people do it in real life it doesn't look anywhere near as cool.

i've not got anything against people who smoke though. i do have something with people who try get others to smoke, or put peer pressure on others etc. i also don't like it when people get really angry when trying to quit and take it out on me. its not my fault they are addicted and are struggling to stop.

i don't fancy doing it myself because its never really appealed to me. plus i don't think i'd look good doing it, i'm not an anime character afterall.

EDIT: oh, i'm not too big on the smell of smoke but i get over it pretty soon. i've grown to like the smell of weed though, because my brother used to do it in his flat, and whenever i was there i would play on his video games... so i kinda link the smell of weed to fun in my head xD weird i know

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
I started smoking because it helps anxiety, i have no cravings because i kind of don't like smoking. It tastes awful and my hands end up smelling bad, i could quit any time i wanted to.
I will probably stop smoking in a few weeks, but for now i want a smoke!

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
case_orange said:
CrysisMcGee said:
I'm not addicted though. Been smoking for 2 years now. I do it because I love the taste of a good menthol, and the nicotine rush. Usually only smoke half a pack a day though. Stopped smoking 2 days ago because I ran out. Bought another pack this morning.
Sure you're not.

Don't get me wrong here, I loves me some menthol, too. But I'm hitting like 1-3 ciggs a day, tops. If you're doing half a pack then you're addicted.

Trust me here. I was up to almost a pack a day there for a while, and it took a shit-ton of effort to just get down to two-a-day. I hope to be done with em by the end of summer.

Face it kiddo, you're addicted. Might wanna do something about that.
Continuum said:
[joke]I smoke twenty five a day and I am not addicted, promise.[/joke]

Honestly though, you are in the denial phase. Soon you will accept it.
I'm not denying anything. I just meant that I'm not addicted in the sense that I can go 2 days without feeling any different than after I just smoked one. Though I do so love smoking.

I've gone 4 days without one. Think that's my record.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Ugh I am tempted to go buy a pack, I like to indulge every once in a while, its such a good feeling and the taste of Marlboro Lights is good to me.
I smoke off and on but at the most 1-3 ciggs per day, that is all.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Hey, that's my job... You took my job!
Dey dook dis jaaab!

OT: BUT THE LUNG CANCER? My dad bullshitted our family just like you're doing. "oh, i'm not addicted, i just do it because i like to!". PSH. It took him 3 months of cold sweats to get over them. He's so happy now. And he can admit that he never really like them. Trust me man, you'll be a lot happier when you quite. You'll wonder why you ever tried to justify it. Its a statistical fact that smokers admit to that when they're clean.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
I dont smoke. I tried both weed and cigarettes and neither really appeal to me. The only time I would have a cigarette is if i was really bricking it over something and i mean at the point of collapse and id have to be drunk at the time as well because I cant stand the smell afterwards if im sober.

I do think its a really bad habit considering the crap thats in cigarettes though. Smoking cigars that are rolled straight from the leaves and nothing else is ok though

Freedomario

Jan 22, 2010
IT'LL GIVE YOU SCURVY!!!
[blockquote]"Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans. The chemical name for vitamin C, ascorbic acid, is derived from the Latin name of scurvy, scorbutus, which also provides the adjective scorbutic ("of, characterized by or having to do with scurvy"). Scurvy leads to the formation of spots on the skin, spongy gums, and bleeding from the mucous membranes. The spots are most abundant on the thighs and legs, and a person with the ailment looks pale, feels depressed, and is partially immobilized. In advanced scurvy there are open, suppurating wounds and loss of teeth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scurvy

"People over 55, convalescents, those who consume large amounts of alcohol, those with active, busy lives, people with colds, smokers (as each cigarette destroys some vitamin C), persons exposed to excessive pollution, athletes and routine aspirin users all need to take supplementary vitamin C, preferably in a liquid multivitamin, or consume vitamin C containing foods."

http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins/vitamin-c.html[/blockquote]
Yes i know, Unlikely but i like to keep my facts moderately straight

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
WestMountain said:
youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8r9gJVLJ90
[ youtube=S8r9gJVLJ90 ]

Take out the spaces.

S8r9gJVLJ90[/b]]

...lol. and the bold.

MinishArcticFox

Jan 4, 2010
I don't have a problem with smoking as long as it doesn't put anyone's life in danger (like smoking around an infant a lot). But I personally don't see any reason to do it, it's expensive and I prefer to be calm as apposed to having that little nicotine rush.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Yeah, smoking is good. Especially in conjunction with alcohol. I only smoke socially, and I limit myself to 1-3 in any instance.

There's a tobacco free Florida initiative. Those people can go to hell. I hope I never live in a tobacco free state.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
grimsprice said:
PayJ567 said:
Hey, that's my job... You took my job!
Dey dook dis jaaab!

OT: BUT THE LUNG CANCER? My dad bullshitted our family just like you're doing. "oh, i'm not addicted, i just do it because i like to!". PSH. It took him 3 months of cold sweats to get over them. He's so happy now. And he can admit that he never really like them. Trust me man, you'll be a lot happier when you quite. You'll wonder why you ever tried to justify it. Its a statistical fact that smokers admit to that when they're clean.
If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it. Normally I don't smoke when I'm by myself. I'm a social smoker. Just like drinking and weed.

Yeah I know I shouldn't smoke. I ain't kidding myself about that.

My urge to smoke is under control. Until I go out again. Seems I always need one when driving. I feel no different when I go 2 days without a ciggerate. I just love it.