Smoking. I do it because I love it.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
CrysisMcGee said:
I'm not addicted though.
Haha, yep I'm sure. Like nearly every other smoker I know thinks that, "I'm not addicted I can stop whenever I want.... But I won't".

In my opinion I don't care if people smoke, all my mates do but I think it tastes nasty and the rush it gives is pretty weak compared to less legal substances you can use. Also the stink is nasty as hell, and it can cause hair loss, depression, sleeping issues ect. The only time I smoke is when I'm drunk or I wanna get high otherwise your simply doing it because the addictions making you.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
CrysisMcGee said:
As for people who hate the smell, It's very easy to cover up the fact you've been smoking as well. Toothpaste or mouthwash work quite well. Wash your hands. Either smoke outdoors or in a moving car with the windows down to avoid having your clothes and hair smell like smoke. And put the butts in a sealed container instead of an ashtray, like a 20oz pop bottle, until you put your trash out.
My main problem with smoking, is other people. I hate being around someone polluting the air I'm supposed to breathe. You only listed the solution to people who smoke themselves, but what about us passive smokers?

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Dont smoke cigs, however I smoke the weed on occasions. Major difference between the two, especially since I can stop smokin' weed at the drop of a hat with no consequences.

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
to be honest i don't care if people smoke privately because that's their choice, but in public i do mind especially when people blow it in my face etc, as i have asthma and it can sometime set it off, so keep it private people. lol

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Smoke all you want as long as you don't drag around the horrrrrrrrrrible stench. Seriously, smoke reeeeeeeeeeeeeks something terrible.

Whole second-hand smoke thing isn't so nice either.

So I guess... doing it privately is fine, but public use is quite annoying to others, and maybe dangerous.

Oh and, I think you're addicted. Might want to check that out.

WindScar

Aug 6, 2008
It's disgusting, I hate it and you should stop it. I cough LOUDLY whenever i see someone smoking to let them know that I don't care for their smoke. Why on earth would you PAY someone to SLOWLY kill you?

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I won't do it for health reasons.

Although it would make me look super cool.

Nah, I'll just buy a motorcycle.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
WindScar said:
It's disgusting, I hate it and you should stop it. I cough LOUDLY whenever i see someone smoking to let them know that I don't care for their smoke. Why on earth would you PAY someone to SLOWLY kill you?
That's almost as obnoxious as the smell of the smoke, itself.

No, wait, it's worse.

I can understand your aversion to someone smoking in-doors or in a house but if you do that to strangers, outdoors, who aren't directly blowing smoke in your face?

That's just annoying.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Good for you mate, not deterred from the fact that your lungs may slowly fill wih fluid and slowly sufficate you to death.

Also, you probably are addicted - ever seen House? try going without cigarettes for a week, if you can't take it - you're addicted.

Kurtle

Apr 11, 2010
FactualSquirrel said:
I am severely against it publicly, although I couldn't care less if you do it in privacy.
We aren't talkin' 'bout sex or something 'ere...

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
You taste like shit to anyone you kiss, I came close to vomiting after this one chick who smoked a ton.

mcgroobber

Jan 3, 2010
i find it to be quite repulsive, i dont understand it

i could understand weed because well its not addictive or that harmful depending on method of use as far as i know, and it makes you feel different

as for cigarettes it basically seems like paying someone to kill you slowly and painfully, which is kind of an odd use of money, ive never understood it

Low Key

May 7, 2009
CrysisMcGee said:
I've smoked somewhat since I was 18. Though I really didn't get into it until I started smoking weed. Don't smoke weed anymore, just cigarettes.

I'm not addicted though. Been smoking for 2 years now. I do it because I love the taste of a good menthol, and the nicotine rush. Usually only smoke half a pack a day though. Stopped smoking 2 days ago because I ran out. Bought another pack this morning.
You know, I said the same thing when I started smoking cigs and weed around 13. Now I'm 25 and a pack a day smoker. Thank god I don't smoke menthols anymore. Those things are brutal.

WindScar said:
It's disgusting, I hate it and you should stop it. I cough LOUDLY whenever i see someone smoking to let them know that I don't care for their smoke.
If it's outside on public property, what you do is what makes me blow my smoke in peoples' faces. Kinda like how to want to let people know their smoking annoys you, my smoke in your face lets you know I don't care.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
keinechance said:
CrysisMcGee said:
I'm not addicted though.
Well then, stop for a week or two, and if you have no withdrawal-symptoms, then we can talk about you not being addicted.
SextusMaximus said:
Good for you mate, not deterred from the fact that your lungs may slowly fill wih fluid and slowly sufficate you to death.

Also, you probably are addicted - ever seen House? try going without cigarettes for a week, if you can't take it - you're addicted.
I love this argument. When I can't go 2 days without one, then I'll admit it. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. In fact I may even try to go a week.

Yeah I'm all to aware of the health issues.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
I have on average, maybe a pack of 10 or 20 a week (unless i'm properly broke in which case none), and mainly smoke when on a night out.
My question is if you happen to smoke regularly it's seen as an addiction, yet when you do other things regularly, such as get drunk on a night out (obviously this won't be applicable to everyone) that is not seen as addicted but just as 'the norm'?

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
I smoke every now and then because I enjoy it, mostly just cigars but every now and then I like some hookah as well, I also find it funny that some people don't believe you can smoke but not be addicted to it because I have never had that problem.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Layzor said:
You taste like shit to anyone you kiss, I came close to vomiting after this one chick who smoked a ton.
I feel you. Seriously, I carry around mints and such for myself. Sometimes the chick needs it too.